Hi friends…. 🙂 some of my friends suffering from acne so I decided post on acne tips. Today I am sharing some acne tips which given by my skin care doctor. Moderation and regularity are your friends when it comes to getting rid of acne. Eat healthy. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Never pick or squeeze pimples. Playing with or popping pimples, no matter how careful and clean you are, nearly always makes them worse. Wash your hands before and after caring for skin lesions to reduce the chance of infection. Identify and avoid anything that aggravates acne including oily foods, lotions and make-up. Stress can add to your acne problem. Relax and reduce the stress in your life through yoga and meditation.
OPEN THE PORES
- Skin care: There is no magic product or regimen that is right for every person and situation. Follow what suits you best. Clean the skin gently but thoroughly with soap and water to remove dirt or make-up. Use a clean cloth to dry the face to prevent bacterial re-infection. Use steam to open up clogged pores.
- Mild cleansers: Washing once or twice a day with a mild cleansing bar or liquid will keep the skin clean and minimize sensitivity and irritation.
- Exfoliating cleansers and masques: A variety of mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks can be used which contain fine granules or salicylic acid. They remove the outer layer of the skin and thus open pores. Products containing glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids are also gentle skin exfoliants.
- Retinol: It is a derivative of vitamin A which helps promote skin peeling.
KILL THE BACTERIA
· Antibacterial cleansers: The most popular ingredient in over-the-counter antibacterial cleansers is benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide causes red and scaly skin irritation in a small number of people, which goes away as soon as you stop using the product.
· Topical (external) applications: These products come in the form of gels, creams, and lotions, which are applied to the affected area. The active ingredients that kill surface bacteria include benzoyl peroxide, sulphur, and resorcinol
REDUCE THE OIL
You cannot stop your oil glands from producing oil. But you can get rid of oil on the surface of the skin and reduce the embarrassing shine.
- Use a gentle astringent or toner to wipe away oil
- Products containing glycolic acid are also mildly helpful in clearing the skin by exfoliating superficial layer of the skin
- Masks containing sulfur and other ingredients draw out facial oil
- Antibacterial pads containing benzoyl peroxide have the additional benefit of wiping away excess oil
Home Remedy tips for acne
- Mix one egg white with one tsp of honey to make a fine paste.Apply it all over your face and allow it to set until it gets dry.Wipe it off and wash your face with cold water.
- Apply a honey mask to your face once or twice a week – Honey has antibacterial properties so it is great for disinfecting and healing minor blemishes. It is also gentle on sensitive skin.
- Wash your pillow case every other day – Your face lays on your pillow case every day. Your pillow case absorbs the oils from your skin and reapplies the dirt and oil. Thus causing breakouts. Keep your sheets and pillow cases clean.
- Dandruff is also one of the most common causes of acne on forehead or back. It’s important to use an anti-dandruff shampoo suggested by your dermatologist.
- Avoid wearing tight body hugging clothes if you have acne on the body.
- Take two teaspoons of neem powder in a small bowl.Add few drops of rose water and lemon juice to make a thin paste like this.The consistency won’t be like what all the other packed face packs have. It won’t be fine or smooth but it is quite enough to use as a face pack.
- Take 2 tablespoon of Sandalwood powder.1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder. 1 tablespoon of gram flour. In a glass bowl mix all the ingredients with rose water and make a soft pack. At bed time wash your face with lukewarm water and apply on face. Leave for overnight and wash in the morning with lukewarm water. Do regularly. If you apply regularly, it will prevent your skin with acne or pimple and all the marks of pimple will be fade out in few days.
I hope my friends these tips will help you …….. 🙂