Hey Girls. How are you doing? Today, I would be sharing an easy, homemade recipe to make your own skin tonic. Usually, we don’t find much time to prepare skincare stuff from natural ingredients but around weekends I try to try and create something interesting for skin from all the natural ingredients.
Things You will need For Skin Tonic DIY :
- A clean bowl,
- A spoon to stir,
- Aloe Vera juice,
- orange juice,
- Grated ginger,
- honey and 5 minutes!!!
Steps for Skin Tonic DIY
- Pour some fresh Aloe Vera juice nearly 5 table spoons in a clean bowl. You may also use aloe from patanjali or khadi or any herbal line as per your choice.
- Add 1 table spoon honey and mix well.
- Now add 2 to 3 spoons orange juice. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Next add some freshly grated ginger pieces nearly 1/4th spoon.
- Let the ginger soak in the mix for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Apply this tonic onto face and neck and leave on for 10 minutes, thereafter, wash off using lukewarm water.
- Enjoy clean and fresh skin that’s also well hydrated
Let’s have a look at the skin benefits of the ingredients we have used
- Benefits of ginger in this tonic:
Ginger powder has anti-inflammatory properties and also it helps to unclog pores and cure acne. Ginger has a good antioxidant called gingerol that maintains evenness of skin tone. Ginger can also improve the appearance of scars.
- Benefits of Honey in this tonic:
Honey has anti bacterial properties and it cleans out dirt, oil and grime from facial pores since, on being diluted, it produces hydrogen peroxide gas that escapes through facial pores and deep cleanses the skin. Honey is a great natural moisturiser and also it helps tighten skin.
- Benefits of Aloe Vera gel in this tonic:
It helps in retaining moisture in skin. It helps smoothening sun damaged skin.
- Benefits of orange juice in this tonic:
This citrus fruit has astringent and toning properties. Vitamin C or ascorbic acid in oranges helps in healthy production of collagen in skin that leads to firming of skin.
Hope you enjoyed reading