Hey all 🙂 My post is Skin and Hair Care Tips for Holi. Holi is coming and are you prepared for it ? While Holi is an wonder of joyous and colorful festival, the color that is used in holi is dangerous to your skin and hair and if not properly treated can prove harmful in the longer term. With the occasion approaching, here are a few tips to freeing your skin and hair of artificial colors after playing holi.
Check – Sand For Soapaholics Go Bananas Face Mask
Skin and Hair Care tips before playing Holi
- Do the oiling part at least 20-25 minutes before you start holi with warm coconut oil or olive oil. and if you have dandruff problem then add 8-10 drops of lemon in your coconut or olive oil.
- Apply coconut or olive oil all over your body, including hands, feet, and elbows.
- Use a great amount of moisturizer with sunscreen all over your body to protect from sun tan
- Don’t Neglect behind your ears and ear lobes as these are areas one tends.
- Always Select dark color-full sleeves cotton clothes. The best choices would be high-necks or full-sleeves.
- The more you cover your body, the higher are the chances of saving your skin from color harm.
- Protect your nails from colors by applying nail polish, this will give you a protective coat of nail.
- Drink lots of water before start holi to skin hydrated.
- Don’t wear lenses or glasses. But if you cannot do without glasses, just be careful while applying color.
- Don’t miss to apply lots of lip balm on lips
- Don’t get waxing, threading, facials or any type of skin treatment done at least 3-4 days before Holi.
- Avoid putting any kind of make up while playing Holi with colors.
- Do not leave your hair open. Tie it into a ponytail or a bun and if possible cover your head with a scarf.
- If possible while playing holi wash face with clear water.
Skin and Hair care after playing Holi
- Do not scrub the color off with soap. Opt for a mild cleanser and follow it up with a lot of moisturizing cream.
- Use a mixture of besan and milk to get rid of the color from your face and neck. this mixture also perfect for acne prone skin.
- If you have acne avoid scrubbing your face past Holi.
- Try to use glycerin or aloe vera based soaps.
- Plz Don’t use detergent soaps on their body to remove color. It will damage your skin more
- Apply a body lotion on your body after taking bath.
- Rubbing papaya on your face can also help you remove the colors.
- For oily skin : Mix 2 tbsps. of multani-mitti in glycerine and water to make a paste. Apply it on your face for 15 minutes and wash off.
- For normal skin : Take 2 tbsp. of masoor daal and mix it in 1 tbsp. flour. Make a paste by adding rosewater and a pinch of haldi. Apply it on your face for 10 minutes and wash off.
- For dry skin: Mix 1 tbsp. of soyabean flour in milk. Add glycerine and a pinch of sea salt to make a paste. Scrub your face for 10 minutes and wash off.
- Rinse your hair completely without using shampoo at first. Once the colours are removed, then wash them with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- To revitalize your hair further, apply egg yolk on the scalp and rinse off after 30 minutes.
- also try to apply a mixture of honey and olive oil for deep conditioning.
- Do not go for any type of skin treatment like waxing, threading, facials or any other external medication on skin for 2-3 days after Holi. Because skin is very sensitive and these treatments may cause an adverse reaction.
- For the next 2 weeks, apply a multani mitti face pack every alternate day to ensure that your skin remains soft and supple.
Play safe and play smart Holi so that your loved ones don’t get red face and stay that way. follow these tips and smile happily all through this colorful traditional festival holi 🙂
Happy Holi in Advanced
this comes just on time will keep in mind the tips for safe holi
Loved the handy tips 🙂
Such an useful post 🙂
Very handy tips darling 🙂
Good one, perfect for me 🙂 thnx for the wonderful tips 🙂