These days we all lead a pretty hectic life, balancing our job, family life, personal life and our social life. Things get even tougher for those with kids. But for us girls, it is very important to look beautiful. And looking beautiful day in and day out is not an easy job. Busy schedules don’t allow us spending hours for skin care. We end up pushing our skin care routines for lack of time and find our skin paying the price for that.
Check – My Favorite Body Lotion for Summer
If your mornings are super busy, don’t skip the routine. Work your way around it. Because lack of skin care can result in acne breakouts, dull skin, premature ageing etc. An easy skincare routine for busy women is what every one of us needs! Here we have put together a few tips to help you make the best of your busy days and make time for a bit of skin pampering as well.
- Wash your face every morning with a gentle cleanser to get rid your skin of all the dirt, oil that has accumulated on the skin overnight and make you feel bright and refreshed. Know your skin types before you choose your daily face cleanser since it can have a far-reaching negative effect if you just pick anything. If you have dry skin, go for the non-lathering facial cleansers. And for oily skin, gentle foaming face washes work best. For sensitive acne prone skin, choose an acne-fighting cleanser.
- Toning is another necessary step. Facial cleansers don’t always pick up every trace of oil and dirt. Quickly swipe a cotton pad dabbed with toner across your skin and see how it cleans up residue that your facewash leaves behind. Toners also help to shrink pores and thus preventing acne and pimple, since open pores lead to acne breakouts. Always go with an alcohol free toner.
- No matter what is skin type is, do not skip moisturizing. If you have to go out in the morning/ day time, never skip sunscreen. Since you are pressed for time, pick a multipurpose product which will provide sun protection, hydration and will also act as a foundation. Remember, BB creams (and CC creams as well) are your BFF. They perform the task of serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and most of the times your sunscreen with SPF. Choose the right BB/CC cream for you and see the magic.
- Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, during summer everyone has to deal with oil and sweats. Always carry facial wipes or facial cleansing sprays in your bag and use them as and when required. If your job requires you to spend a good amount of time in the sun (especially when your skin is exposed to sun for a longer period), keep a bottle of sunscreen in your bag and re-apply every two-three hours.
- In the evening when you get back home after a day’s hard work, you probably just don’t want to look yourself in the mirror. That sweaty, oily, tired face..yikes!! Quickly wash your face with your facial cleanser and follow it up with toning. You can also spray some rose water on your face, it can freshen you up instantly.
- Let’s talk about the bedtime skin care routine now. It’s always good if you wash your face with a mild cleanser half an hour before going to bed. But if you are feeling lazy, just wipe your face with a baby wipe. Take 5 minutes to dab your night cream on your face and massage gently. Use a good eye cream as well. You can do a bit of reading after that or finish your pending work, in that way your night cream will get absorbed to the skin nicely. Choose a night cream that is rich in anti oxidants and other anti-aging ingredients. Even if you are in your 20s, do start your anti-aging skin care to delay the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Finally get a good night’s rest. When we are asleep, our skin gets time to repair.
Additional Skin Care tips for Busy Women
Exfoliate : Our skin is constantly renewing itself and shedding dead skin cells. As we age, the rate at which our cells turn over, slows down and as a result our skin becomes dry and dreary. Exfoliation can speed up this process and produce a brighter skin tone. Our skin does not need to be exfoliated daily. However, make sure to exfoliate at least twice a week. To save time, scrub your face (for 30 seconds) in the shower itself. Then follow it up with toning and moisturizing.
Applying Face Pack : You can always apply your face pack while you are getting your breakfast or lunch ready. Though it is always advised to relax with a face pack on, but when you are pressed for time, it’s okay to bend the rule a bit. Just stay composed and calm while doing the chores with your face pack on.
Apart from all these basic skin care routine, few more things need to be remembered to maintain a healthy skin in your busy schedule:
- Kick start your day by sipping warm water and lemon juice. It works as a great detoxifier.
- Stay away from junk food. Include fresh, organic fruits and green, leafy vegetables in your diet. Consume veggie juice. These stuffs boost your anti-oxidant and nutrition levels.
- Respect the role of water in your life. Water washes away the toxins not only from the skin topically, but also internally. Proper intake of water keeps our skin hydrated.
- Make it imperative to get a good night’s sleep for at least 7-8 hours. Nothing can substitute the goodness that proper sleep does to our body as well as skin.
- When it comes to face pack or face mask, always resort to natural home remedies. Use sandalwood and rose water/milk face mask for blemish free skin. Rub some ripe papaya pulp for skin rejuvenation. Turmeric and cold milk face pack can be applied for skin brightening. Use egg white as a skin firming face mask.
- Apart from carrying sunscreen and facial wipes, keep a moisturizer and lip balm in your bag, especially if you are working in an AC environment.
Hope you liked the post. As you can see, these are very simple, easy-to-follow and basic skin care tips to maintain a healthy skin for busy women. Always remember, however busy you are, do try to get some to focus on your skin. Your skin will thank you in the long run and repay your kindness by looking gorgeous always 🙂