We all love pink and beautiful lips. Pink lips enhance the beauty of our face and make our smile even more attractive. But most of us do not have naturally pink lips. There can be lots of reasons for that, like too much sun exposure, smoking, uncontrolled caffeine intake, hormonal imbalance, dryness of lips etc. And as a result, gradually our lips lose its lovely pink color and become dark or pigmented. Pigmented lips are one of the most common beauty concerns that we face today. Dark or pigmented lips are very embarrassing. We are left with no other choice than to hide our pigmented lips behind lipstick or tinted lip balms. So check out my post on pigmented lips treatment.
Dark lips actually can spoil our makeup and our overall look instantly. Lots of factors are responsible for lip pigmentation. Using cheap, poor quality lipsticks on daily basis is one of the reasons behind lip pigmentation. People who smoke can also suffer from lip pigmentation. Consuming too much coffee or tea, over exposure to sun, unhealthy food habits, dehydration etc are some of the reasons of lip pigmentation. Most of us try to hide our lips behind lipsticks. But that can never be the remedy. Also it can even worsen the situation. So stop and look upto nature as there are lots of natural remedies to cure pigmented lips. In this article we have shared few very easy pigmented lips treatment.
Treatments to cure pigmented lips
- Apply some honey on lips and leave it overnight. Honey is the best natural remedy for lip pigmentation and it can soften lips and make it glow.
- Lemon juice is well known for its bleaching properties, and so it can help to get rid of dark lips. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with glycerin and honey on lips and leave it overnight. Wash off in the morning.
- Blend some raspberry and add some honey and aloe vera gel with it. Mix well and apply on lips. Wait for 10 minutes and wash off. Follow it up with homemade lip balm.
- Apply olive oil or castor oil on lips for overnight. With regular use, this will make lips soft and lighten them too.
- Rub ice cubes on lips to keep them fresh, moisturized and nourished.
- Gently massage your lips with a toothbrush that has very soft bristles. This will clean up the dead skin cells and make our lips fresh.
- Mix some almond oil and lemon juice and apply on lips. Let it stay overnight. This will nourish the lips as well as cure pigmentation.
- Papaya juice, beetroot juice and cucumber juice is very helpful to treat lip pigmentation. Rub a piece of papaya or beetroot or cucumber before going to bed at night. Let it work overnight.
- Massage your lips with some fresh yogurt every morning to get rid of lip pigmentation.
- Take some apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and apply on the lips. Do this twice or thrice a day.
Also read :
Tips to Avoid Lip Pigmentation
- Cut down on your caffeine intake.
- Quit smoking because Nicotine cause lip pigmentation.
- Drink milk because lactic acid has skin whitening properties.
- Eat plenty of green veggies and fruits. Also have lots and lots of water to avoid lip-dryness.
- Increase your Vitamin C intake.
- Never forget to apply sunscreen on your lips to avoid suntan.
- If you use lipstick on a regular basis, then use lipsticks containing Vitamin E to keep lips soft.
- Never sleep with your lipstick on. Take some olive oil or almond oil on a cotton ball and take off your lipstick.
- Exfoliate your lips regularly to remove dry skin and make your lips healthy and soft.
- Always carry lip balm or lip gloss and use as and when needed to prevent dryness of lips.
Also read :
So follow these simple home remedies and get rid of pigmented lips. Don’t expect a magic overnight, but if you follow these simple homemade treatments regularly for few months, you will certainly see the result.