Most Effective Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin You Must Know – If beautiful, smooth and glowing skin seems to be an unattainable dream for you, give Ayurveda a chance! Today’s crazy-busy lifestyle leaves you with little time to pamper yourself, and the results show up on your face. But with few simple Ayurvedic tips, you can easily get your glow back. Here, we will share some effective yet simple Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin. Ayurveda is not just about herbal remedies, but its about lifestyle habits that can help you to live a healthy life. According to Ayurveda the reason behind getting dry, dull and irritated skin is the accumulation of ‘Vata’ dosha. Therefore, Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin focus on slowing down Vata accumulation in the body and thus, restore the glow of your skin. Continue reading to know more.
Check – Top 10 Fruits for Glowing Skin – Must Know
Ayurveda believes that our mind and body are connected, therefore its important to heal the mind to transform the body. To rejuvenate our mind, Ayurveda prescribes a nutrition rich, fresh diet, enough rest, meditation, moderate exercise etc. Without any further delay, lets quickly get started with our best Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin.
Most Effective Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin
1. Never Skip the Veggies
When you feed your body healthy, the result shows on your skin. Therefore, stay away from oily, processed and high sugar content foods and eat green veggies with high water content as much as possible. Veggies that contain good amount of water are easy to digest. Add lettuce, carrot, cucumber, radish fennel, asparagus etc to your daily diet. Combine at least three vegetables daily to keep your body hydrated and your skin healthy.
2. Get Enough Sleep
This is one of the most important Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin, as well as an overall healthy body and mind. During sleep, our skin repairs and rejuvenates itself. Any skin expert would suggest you to get at least 6-7 hours of peaceful sleep to get healthy, glowing complexion. Lack of sleep or frequent late nights can cause a number of skin problems including acne. And this can also dehydrate the skin from within which can further lead to dry and prematurely aged skin. Therefore, its very important to follow a proper routine when it comes to sleep. Now, according to Ayurveda, accumulation of Vata can lead to dry and dull skin, and it can also cause insomnia. In such cases, Ayurveda recommends breathing in and out exercise to get rid of mental stress.
3. Consume Tea
Different herbal teas play a vital part in Ayurvedic medicine. Just like water, herbal teas also help to keep our body hydrated. The reason that Ayurveda recommends tea for glowing skin, because as we already stated above Vata is responsible for making our skin dry and lackluster. Vata is cold and dry in nature, and it can only be treated with warm herbal liquids, like ginger-lemon tea, chamomile tea etc. Herbal teas are great for boosting digestion as well, which also contributes to healthy, glowing skin.
Ayurveda believes that exercise is very important to prevent Vata from accumulating in our body. Regular exercise keeps our muscles and joints healthy and active as well as improve our blood circulations, boosts digestion and overall, provide us with a boost of good health. Also working out helps to remove toxins from our body and aids to get healthy skin. And it does not end here. Regular exercise plays a vital role in keeping our mind active and happy, and Ayurveda believes a healthy mind is the key to a healthy body.
Our emotional and mental stress cause serious skin troubles. Breathing exercise is one of the best way to get rid of the stress and keep your mind calm. You do not have to make separate time for breathing exercise, as you can even do it before going to bed at night. Simply lie on your back, place one palm on your belly and the other one on the chest. Start inhaling and fill your belly with air. Let it rise and then keep inhaling and let your lungs fill up with air. Now start exhaling slowing in the reverse order. Continue doing this for 5-10 minutes before bedtime at night or any other time of the day, whenever you feel like doing this.
Meditation is an amazing tool that can do a world of good for your overall well being. It not only helps you to live a healthy life, but can give you unmatched glowing skin. The reason being meditation helps in calming down our mind and allow the positive energy to flow through out our body. This in turn, minimizes stress and make us feel rejuvenated both inside and out.
6. Know Your Skin Type
This is another very important Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin. According to Ayurveda, our skin can be of three types – Vata skin, Pitta skin and Kapha skin. Each of them has different characteristics, hence they should be treated differently. In this article, we are talking about lackluster, glow less and dull skin, which can be identified as Vata skin.
As soon as you figure out your skin type, the next thing that you should do is to customize your skin care routine accordingly. Vata skin type people have dry skin, hence they should concentrate on hydrating, fresh diet, oil massage and keeping their skin moisturized always.
7. Moisturizing the Skin
Vata skin or dry skin people can never skip moisturization. Staying hydrated from inside is important but dry skin type needs external moisturization as well. An oil massage is the best moisturization that a dry skin can ask for. Regular oil massage is very helpful for keeping the skin smooth and healthy, while it also helps to calm your mind and body, when done properly. Using natural organic oils should be of high priority according to Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin.
8. Protect Skin from Sun
This is another very important Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin. A healthy dose of sun is important for our body, as it is the source of vitamin D. Our body can not synthesize vitamin D, which is very important to prevent cancer and get healthy bones. We must get enough amount of vitamin D, but too much sun exposure is damaging for our skin. Unprotected and frequent sun exposure can lead to sun tan, sun burn, hyper pigmentation, skin aging as well as skin cancer in extreme cases. Whenever you are out in the sun, don’t forget to protect yourself with sunscreen, scarf, hat, umbrella as well as sun glass.
9. Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin using Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the widely used ingredient in Ayurvedic treatments for skin. Turmeric has powerful anti oxidant, anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties, which work together in adding glow to the skin. Also, it works as a natural exfoliator and removes the impurities to bring out naturally glowing, soft and smooth skin. Turmeric also helps to soak up the excess oil from the skin surface and unclog the pores. This way it minimizes the chance of breakouts. Turmeric contains a compound known as curcumin, which is responsible for its acne fighting properties. Studies say that curcumin is 36 times stronger than azelic acid in combating acne. Also curcumin can reduce the acne bacteria growth from 50% to 96%.
Uses of turmeric in Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin –
- Mix together a tsp turmeric powder and two tsp honey. Apply the resultant mixture on the face. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with luke warm water. Repeat daily to get glowing skin.
- Alternatively, prepare a face pack by adding some lemon juice to three tsp turmeric powder. Also add half tsp of coconut oil. Mix together and then apply on the face. Massage gently in circular motion ad let it stay for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with fresh water and repeat this Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin 2-3 times in a week.
- Here is another amazing Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin using turmeric. Boil two cups of water and add half tsp of ground turmeric to it. Stir well and cover with a lid. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain the water. Add some honey or some ginger to enhance the taste of the drink. Consume this either cold or hot. Repeat daily.
10. Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin with Honey
Honey is an amazing moisturizer for our skin. It is a natural humectant, which prevents moisture loss from the skin. When used on the skin, honey gets absorbed quickly, conditions the skin from within and makes it soft, supple and glowing. This magical natural ingredient comes loaded with vitamins, minerals and anti oxidants which work to repair the damage of the skin and make it healthy and glowing once again. Furthermore, honey can exfoliate the skin, remove excess oil from the face and unclog blocked pores, thus reduces chance of breakouts. Honey can keep the skin hydrated without making it oily. In fact, it actually help in tightening the pores.
The amazing cleansing properties of honey, coupled with its anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties, help to fight off acne and pimples. The anti inflammatory properties of honey aids in faster healing of the skin. It can also treat sunburn effectively. Honey contains multiple anti oxidants in it, which not only repair damaged skin effectively, but also prevents premature aging. It helps in delaying the appearances of wrinkles and lines, keeping the skin youthful and glowing.
Uses of honey in Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin –
- Take a tbsp of raw honey and add juice of one lemon to that. Mix together and apply the face mask all over the face with a face pack brush. Allow it to sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes and then, wash off with luke warm water, followed by few splashes of cold water. Repeat once in a week.
- Mix together a tbsp of olive oil and a tsp of honey. Apply the resulted mixture on the face, massage gently with your finger tips for couple of minutes. Let it sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Repeat twice in a week.
- This is another very effective Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin using honey. Take a tbsp of aloe vera gel and add a tsp of honey and a pinch of turmeric to it. Mix everything and apply the mixture all over face and neck. Keep it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with luke warm water. Repeat twice in a week.
- Make a paste by combining 3 tbsp honey and a tbsp of cinnamon powder. Warm up the mixture slightly and apply it all over the face. Allow it to sit on the skin for 10 minutes. Rinse off with luke warm water. Repeat 1-2 times in a week.
11. Choose Red Sandalwood as Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin
Red sandalwood comes with skin whitening and anti aging benefits for our skin. It nourishes our skin from deep inside and treat uneven, patchy complexion and give even toned glowing skin. Red sandalwood paste is a great natural treatment for sun tan, pigmentation as well as acne scars. The slightly coarse texture of sandalwood powder makes it an excellent exfoliator for our skin. It helps in removing dead skin cells and unveils healthy, glowing skin underneath. Also, the oils present in sandalwood helps to heal dry skin.
Uses of Red Sandalwood in Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin –
- Take 1-2 tsp red sandalwood powder and add some raw milk. Mix together to make a smooth, thick paste. Apply this all over the face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with luke warm water. Repeat this Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin regularly.
- Alternatively, mix together one tsp each of red sandalwood powder and turmeric powder and also add some honey to make a paste. Apply it all over the face and wait till it reaches semi-dry stage. Gently scrub the face and wash off with cold water. Repeat twice in a week.
- Add few drops of sandalwood oil to your regular moisturizer or cream and then massage it all over the face. Doing this regularly will improve your skin texture and make it soft, supple and glowing over time.
12. Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin with Multani Mitti
We know that multani mitti works wonders for oily, acne prone skin, however, it is equally effective for dry skin as well, specially when used in combination with other skin nourishing and hydrating ingredients. The soothing quality of multani mitti works excellent to give relief from skin dryness. The anti inflammatory properties of multani mitti treats inflammation as well as reduces itching and irritation that comes with dry skin. Furthermore, multani mitti is a great skin exfoliator. It removes dead skin cells from the face and eliminates the dryness from the skin. Also, its absorbing and anti septic properties clear out dirt and impurities from the skin and keep the skin healthy.
Uses of Multani Mitti as Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin
- Mix together a tbsp each of honey and multani mitti. Add some jojoba oil as well. Give it a final mix and apply the face pack all over the face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and wash off with cold water. Reapply once or twice in a week to get soft, glowing skin.
- Here comes another amazing Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin using multani mitti. Take a tbsp multani mitti and add half tsp of sandalwood powder to that. Now, add enough amount of honey so that it forms a smooth paste when the ingredients are mixed together. Spread an even layer all over the face and neck and wait till it gets semi dry. Wash off with cold water. Repeat 1-2 times in a week.
- Prepare papaya pulp by blending 5-6 small pieces of papaya. Take it out and keep it in a bowl. Add one tbsp multani mitti and one tbsp of honey to the papaya pulp. Mix together and apply it on the face. Keep it on the face for 20 minutes before washing it off. Repeat regularly.
- Alternatively, prepare a face pack by adding half tsp of turmeric powder to a tbsp of multani mitti and two tbsp of honey. Apply it all over the face and keep it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Gently massage the skin while removing it. Wash off finally with fresh, cool water. Repeat once or twice in a week.
13. Use Yogurt to Get Back Glowing Skin
If you are looking for the best Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin, then here is the one for you. Yogurt is no less than a miraculous natural ingredient for our skin. Yogurt has wonderful moisturizing properties for our skin. It is rich in B vitamins, such as vitamin B2, B5, B12. Vitamin B2 plays a big role in keeping the skin hydrated. This vitamin also has anti oxidant properties that protect our skin from free radical damages. Furthermore, B vitamins help in cell regeneration and heal dry skin effectively. Yogurt is a great natural exfoliator as well. It contains lactic acid which belongs to the AHA family, it dissolves the impurities and removes the dead skin cells from the skin. As a result, skin feels softer, smoother and looks radiant. Yogurt comes with calcium, a mineral which is well known for its ability to heal dry and dehydrated skin.
How to Get Glowing Skin with Yogurt?
- A combination of banana and yogurt works great to get rid of dry skin. Banana is a great source of potassium which can effectively heal dry skin. Moreover, it has Vitamin A in it which also is known for its ability to heal dry and dehydrated skin. Remove the skin from a ripe banana and cut it into small pieces. Mash them with a fork. Add two tbsp fresh yogurt to the mashed banana and mix together. Apply the resultant mixture on the face and keep it on for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Repeat 3-4 times in a week.
- Just like banana, avocado too is a great ingredient for skin nourishment and healing dryness. When used in combination with yogurt, it works amazingly well to heal dry skin and restore its glow. Cut one ripe avocado in to half. Remove the seed and scoop out the fleshy part from inside. Mash it with a fork. To the mashed avocado, add 2 tbsp fresh yogurt and mix together to prepare a lump free mixture. Apply the resultant mixture all over the face and neck. Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with plain water and repeat once or twice per week.
- Another way to use yogurt for glowing skin is to use it with honey. Simply make a concoction by combining honey and yogurt. Carefully apply it all over the face and massage gently with your fingertips. Let it stay on the skin for 10-12 minutes and wash off. Repeat regularly.
14. Get Rid of Dry Skin using Aloe Vera
The list of best and most effective Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin cannot be complete without mentioning aloe vera. Aloe vera has amazing moisturization ability for our skin. It can rejuvenate our skin from inside and make it softer and smoother. Aloe vera can hydrate the skin without making it oily. It can boost cell regeneration and heals dry skin effectively. Moreover, the anti inflammatory benefits of aloe vera treats inflammation and gives relief from itching and irritation of dry skin.
How to use aloe vera to treat dry skin?
- Combine a tbsp aloe vera gel, a pinch of turmeric powder, some fresh milk and some honey. Prepare a smooth paste and apply it all over the face. Allow it to sit on the skin for 20 minutes. Wash it off with fresh water.
- Alternatively, add two tbsp aloe vera gel to half cup of fresh plain yogurt. Mix together and apply the resultant mixture on the face. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Repeat regularly.
These were some of the most effective Ayurvedic tips for glowing skin. I hope you found the article useful, do let us know below in the comments 🙂