Hello all the pretty girls out there, how are you all doing. Lets have a look at Makeup Idea for Winter. Just like change in our wardrobe and food with season, we need to change our makeup and skin care choices in winters to coordinate well with everything else. Winters and winter make up is all about bringing in some warmth and glow on your face. You can bid good bye to fresh summery shades like Limes and Pastels and Move towards deeper shades and Nudes.Before I proceed to the make up guide, I would love to emphasize that no amount of makeup can beat a clear, dewy skin. To achieve that you must indulge in nourishing masks at least once a fortnight and follow a good CTM (cleansing, toning, Moisturizing) as well as exfoliation technique.
Check – Maybelline New York The 24K Nudes Palette
- Before starting with any makeup, it is imperative to use a mist of toner and then follow with a light to medium textured moisturizer to lock in the moisture and give you a soft, dewy base for your makeup.
- It is time to do away with mattefying day creams unless you have very oily skin. If your moisturizer does not have an incorporated UV protection, then you must apply sunscreen below your foundation.
- Next comes your foundation or BB cream. Now, since your face is already well moisturized, you can choose a mattefying BB cream or airbrush finish foundation. It would spread easily over your hydrated skin. A key is to blend in everything very well as dryness in air accentuates patchy makeup. So, use a nice sponge or brush to blend everything together seamlessly.
- Makeup usually stays on longer in winters because we do not sweat much so you may just blot the excess with a blotting paper or tissue and you are good to go.
- In winters, harsh cold often makes your face appear dull so you should always use creamy blushes for a flush of colour on your cheeks. One of my personal favourite is Maybelline dream touch cream blush. Another trick is to blend in some vaseline with lipstick and use it as a creamy blush. Choose shades in fresh Coral Pinks and Peach, if you are fair to medium skin toned. Darker beauties can flaunt Plums.
- Lips need to be nourished and moisturized so, a layer of lip gloss is definitely required. You can always top it up with a moisture rich lip color Suggestion – Maybelline moisture extreme range, L’Oreal cream rich color range or even the very pocket friendly elle 18 color pops.
- Neatly tamed eyebrows that have a good volume are always a hit because we are mostly sticking close to natural shades. So, you can fill in your eye brows using a clean mascara wand and a neutral brown shade.
- In office, Eye shadows in mostly skin shades belonging or very close to the skin shades like: Terracotta, Bronze, Earthy browns can be opted for. If you are going out for a party, metallic shades in Bronze and Golden would look stunning. Also, smokey eye is very much a winter thing since the chances of meltdown and smudging are very less.
- Accentuate your eye lashes by using a coat of Clear mascara. You can also curl them up, if you wish.
- On nails, it is time to flaunt Cherry Red nails and Nude colour like: Skin, Beige and Copper on nails instead of the Oranges and Popping Pinks that we love flaunting in the summer months.
So, that is pretty much it !! 🙂 Hope you liked the tips. Do let me know what you think in the comments section.. 🙂