Hello all 🙂 I am back with another post of mine. It is How to Use Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder for Skin and Hair. Tulsi needs no elaboration. It is a miraculous plant and has been revered in Hinduism since times immemorial. When consumed every morning (4-5 tulsi leaves), it not only refrehses one’s breath but also allays the risk of cancer due to its anti-carcinogenic properties. When applied on skin, it puts a full stop to most of the skin woes than an average person today endures. For hair, it is a boon. It cleanses scalp efficaciously and resuscitates it 🙂
So, with an eye to grab a few packs of Tulsi powder, I stepped in my neighboring Khadi Gramodyog Bhawan and after bearing the brunt of hordes of people who came to add herbal stuff to their shopping carts on the same day.?Today, I will review Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder and also let you know How to Use Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder for Skin and Hair. So, without further ado, let’s go ahead.
Price of Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder : Rs.80/- for 100 g
Directions for use : Mix with the desired base ingredient and use on skin and hair.
Ingredients : Tulsi powder
Shelf life : 15 Months
Color : brown
Smell : Earthy. Exactly similar to what I smelt when I prepared Tulsi powder at home once by drying out a bunch of tulsi leaves for a few days and then grinding them in the mixer. This is testimony to its authenticity for me.
What Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder claims
My experience with Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder
Packed in a cardboard box with the main ingredient in a plastic package inside the box, Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder’s packaging is a bit disappointing in my opinion. Once opened, the contents have to be transferred to a clean and dry container to avert spoilage, spillage and contamination (that is, to prevent dirt as well as grime from coming into contact with the main ingredient). In terms of packaging, ergo Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder is not up to the mark for me.
Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder is powdered well but there are a few coarse particles as well hence, isn’t finely powdered. But no need to fret. It dissolves easily in the base ingredient when you intend to apply it on you skin or hair.
I have dry skin and hair. But Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder can be conveniently used by all skin as well as hair types. I have formulated some recipes for use by all skin and hair types. They are as follows:
How to use Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder for Skin
- Normal Skin – Mix a tbsp of Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder with sufficient quantity of besan and green gram flour (moong dahl powder). Add adequate water. Mix properly. Apply on your face and neck. Keep it undisturbed for at least 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water. It can be used every alternate day to get fresh, glowing and blemish-free skin.
- Oily Skin – Mix a tbsp of Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder with sufficient amount of sandalwood powder and buttermilk (Chhaachh in Hindi). Mix well, apply on your face and neck and let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash off with ample cold water.
- Dry Skin – Since dry skin is in dire need of moisture, so using milk cream (Malai in Hindi) would be pertinent. Add a tbsp of Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder into sufficient malai. Mix well. Apply on face and neck. Let it dry for 15 minutes and tehn wash off with cold water. This recipe is mild enought to be used daily. Not only will it hydrate skin but also clear all the blemishes.
How to Use Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder for Hair
- Normal and Dry Hair – This recipe can be easily used by both dry as well as normal hair. It contains ingredients which have been cherry-picked to benefit both the hair types 🙂
As a weekly hair treatment, mix 4-5 tbsp of Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder with sufficient coconut milk (freshly squeezed is the best and you’ll be assured of its purity but in case, it is unavailable, you can buy coconut milk in the market), neem water and 2-3 eggs (whole). Keep it on your hair for an hour. Then, wash off using a mild shampoo and condition if necessary 🙂 Continue for three months and you’ll run short of words with the way your hair will behave 😉
- Oily Hair – Mix 4-5 tbsp of Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder with sufficient quantity of water. Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons. Apply the mix on your hair and keep it for an hour. Wash off with a mild preferably organic shampoo and condition if required 🙂
I have used Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder on my skin and hair for months. It has made my skin clearer and imparted radiance as well. Of course, this wasn’t an overnight miracle. I used it for at least three months to see visible results. And that’s what happens with Ayurvedic products. They take time to elicit results. Expect it and embrace it 🙂 My hair hasn’t transformed magically but whenever I use Khadi SRL Tulsi powder, my scalp feels calm and nourished.
Overall, ?Khadi SRL tulsi powder is a boon for both skin and hair. So I would definitely recommend it to all of you!
How to Use Patanjali Kesar for Face
How to Use Etheric Rose Petal Powder for Skin
How to use Castor oil for Hair
Good about Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder
- Readily available
- Budget friendly
- Ameliorates both skin as well as hair
- Leeway to add/subtract base ingredients
- Shows results provides it is used regularly
- Calms scalp
- Clears skin
Bad about Khadi SRL Tulsi Powder
- Flimsy packaging
Availability : Khadi shops
Fashion and Beauty Rating : 4.5/5
I love this brand and everything it comes out with. another great product you have reviewed here. Thanks
I have a love-hate relationship with Khadi Ankita 😛 some of their products disappoint me sorely while some end up finding a permanent place in my cupboard 🙂 Hope it works for you too 🙂
I have also never used many Khadi products…but i also find their product sometime working and sometime not…but this is good…will try some times
It’s peculiar. Some of their products are laced with hordes of chemicals while others are pure. That’s why I generally rely on their herbal powders because I can whip DIYs with them and to some extent since I’ve prepared herbal powders at hone, so I know how that powder should look and smell. That allays my fear of buying fake powders 🙂