Jojoba oil, which is actually pronounced as ‘ho-ho-ba’ oil is extracted from the seeds of Jojoba plant ‘Simmondsia chinesis’ which is a desert shrub found in Mexico and US. The unrefined jojoba oil is colorless and odorless and the refined jojoba oil looks golden. These days, jojoba oil is used in various beauty products, like hair care products, skin moisturizers, makeup removers etc. Jojoba oil is particularly good for hair growth and considered a ‘good food’ for all types of hair as well as scalp. So let’s take a look at How to Use Jojoba Oil for Hair.
Though the name clearly states ‘oil’, but jojoba oil is actually not an oil. It is actually liquid wax which is extracted from Jojoba plant. Jojoba oil actually does wonder for our hair. Jojoba oil acts as an excellent moisturizer for dry, damaged and brittle hair. Jojoba oil takes care of our hair growth and overall health of our precious tresses, that you can call it a ‘one-stop’ solution for all your hair worries. Check out this article to know How to Use Jojoba Oil for Hair.
The main Benefits of Jojoba oil for hair Care
- Jojoba oil is great for treating dry hair and promotes hair growth. Jojoba oil easily gets absorbed on scalp because of its similar molecular structure to sebum.
- Jojoba oil has anti bacterial properties and it is known for soothing scalp and treating dry scalp problems and dandruff.
Also read ⇓
- Jojoba oil nourishes and hydrates hair from inside. Also it strengthens the hair fibres from inside.
- When used as conditioner, Jojoba oil softens the hair and adds a natural shine and elasticity.
- Jojoba oil adds body and volume to hair strands and this make your hair look thicker.
- Jojoba oil can be mixed with essential oil to massage scalp thoroughly. It stimulates blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
- Jojoba oil also works great to repair the hair damaged by heat and styling.
Also read ⇓
How to Use Jojoba Oil on Hair ?
Jojoba oil can be used in a variety of ways on hair. Some of the most common methods are described below –
Jojoba oil as leave-in treatment : Mix jojoba oil with essential oils and apply on the hair. Then leave for about 20-30 minutes and wash off with shampoo. Alternatively, you can leave the oil overnight on hair and scalp. Try out both to know which one works best for you!
Jojoba oil as hot oil massage : Depending on the length of your hair, pour some jojoba oil in a bowl and heat it up slightly. Now dip your fingers into the oil and thoroughly massage your hair with it. Start applying jojoba oil an inch away from the scalp and then to the tip of the hair. Jojoba oil can potentially clog the pores of the scalp, which is never a healthy condition. Now put a shower cap on to protect your oiled hair. Next wrap a warm towel around the plastic cap and leave for 20 minutes. Finally wash off with shampoo and follow up with conditioner. Let your hair dry naturally.
Jojoba oil mixed with shampoo and conditioner : If you are suffering from dry and brittle hair, then mix jojoba oil with your shampoo or conditioner and then use the shampoo and conditioner like you do. Do it regularly and you will soon find your hair getting its luster back.
Use jojoba oil after shampooing : Once you wash your hair with shampoo, simply put 1-2 drops of jojoba oil on your hand and apply on the ends of your hair to prevent breakage and dryness. It can also be applied in the same way to cure split ends. But if your hair feels heavy after applying jojoba oil, then you should opt for using jojoba oil before shampooing your hair!
Also read ⇓
Jojoba oil is quite easily available in the market. Packed with so many benefits for hair, Jojoba oil is a must in your hair care regimen. So girls, start using jojoba oil for your hair and make your friends envious of your long, lustrous locks.