How to Remove Facial Hair Naturally – Home Remedies and Tips – Unwanted facial hair bothers almost all of us, more or less. And that’s why, we present you with some amazing natural ways on how to remove facial Hair. Out of all the beauty treatments done at salons, removing unwanted facial hair is the most common one as well as the most unpleasant one too. It not only causes lot of pain, but often feels quite embarrassing as well! Facial hair growth is quite common, and we feel home remedies work best for facial hair removal. It not only is painless, but also minus any side effects. And guess what, regular use of these remedies have been proved to slow down hair re-growth rate. So, without wasting time, lets find out how to remove facial hair at home naturally.
Check – How to use Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth
We all have some amount of facial hair on our face. Facial hairs are normally called as ‘peach fuzz’ and they grow along on upper lips and on the chin. Some of us have side burns as well. But they are very much normal and do not cause any big issue. However, the problem arises when we face ‘extra hair growth’ on the chin, along the jawline, on the upper lip area or on the side burns. These extra hairs throw serious problems, both in terms of looks and self esteem. And they are hard to get rid of. But what actually causes this extra hair growth? Let’s first find that out and then, we will move on to how to remove facial hair.
Check – 15 Top Benefits of Saffron for Skin, Hair and Health
Facial Hair Causes
Before we find out the common reasons for facial hair on face, let me just remind you that here we are talking about excess hair growth and not the normal one. This excess hair growth in different parts of the face and body of a woman is a medical condition, known as ‘hirsutism’. The main difference between ‘peach fuzz’ and the hairs caused by hirsutism is in texture. Peach fuzz, or the normal hair growth in women’s face and body, is thin and light, whereas, hair caused by hirsutism is coarse and black. Lets find out the main causes of hirsutism.
The main reason behind hirsutism is hormonal imbalance in a womans body. Women tend to suffer from excess hair growth in face and body due to the higher level of androgens (male hormones), including testosterone. Women produce androgens in very less amount, but sometimes certain medical conditions can result in too much androgen production in women body and that’s what causes extra hair growth.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
This is one of the medical conditions that can cause hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. PCOS is a medical condition when cysts grow around the edge of the ovaries. According to health experts, this PCOS is responsible for 3 out of every 4 hirsutism cases. Along with excess hair growth, PCOS often leads to irregular menstrual cycles and acne.
- Certain medicines
- Hereditary condition
- Being overweight
- Ovarian tumor
- Cushing’s syndrome – a rare hormonal disorder
How to remove facial hair naturally
The most common methods of removing facial hair are waxing, shaving, plucking as well as threading. But none of these are permanent solution. For permanent hair removal, one have to go through laser hair removal as well as electrolysis. However, these are quite expensive and hence, everyone cannot afford them. So here we have a list of best home remedies on how to remove facial hair. Check them out below.
1. Gram Flour to Remove Facial Hair
Why to use gram flour
Gram flour is a great natural exfoliator for our skin. Through exfoliation it helps to get rid of unwanted hair as well as dead skin cells. Moreover, it has the ability to lighten facial hair as well as our complexion. Removing hair by using gram flour is a slow process but the most important thing is that gram flour inhibits hair growth, it takes ages for the hairs to grow back. Find out below how to use gram flour to remove facial hair.
How to remove facial hair using gram flour
- In a bowl, mix together 2 tbsp gram flour, 1 tbsp milk cream, 1 and half tsp milk and a pinch of turmeric. Once you get a thick paste, apply this on the face where there are more dense hair. Let it dry. Now scrub it off with a facial loofah. Always make sure you remove the paste from the opposite direction to the hair growth. Do follow this remedy 3-4 times in a week to remove hair.
- Take about a tbsp gram flour and to this, add 1 and half tsp plain yogurt and some turmeric powder. Add rose water to make it a thick paste. Spread it on your entire face or only on the areas where you have got facial hair. Let it dry and then scrub it off, away from the direction of the hair growth.
- Alternatively, you can mix together 2 tbsp gram flour, some turmeric and milk to make a smooth, thick paste and apply it on the face. Wait till it becomes dry and remove from the opposite direction of the hair growth. These are some of the easiest natural remedies to remove facial hair using besan or gram flour.
2. Sugar Wax to Remove Facial Hair
Why to use sugar
This is a very popular natural treatment for facial hair removal. It is actually much like waxing, but instead of wax we are using sugar here. This technique was invented in Egypt centuries ago. In this method, one needs to pull the hair in the direction of the hair growth, not the opposite direction. Below you will find step by step guidelines on how to remove facial hair with this method.
How to remove facial hair using sugar
- First you have to heat a quarter cup of water in a saucepan.
- Add 2 cups of sugar and a quarter cup of lemon juice to it.
- Continue heating the solution until you see bubbles appearing on the surface.
- Turn down the heat to low medium and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Wait till it turns dark in color.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture reach room temperature.
- Dust a little baby powder over the skin where you want to hair removed from.
- Spread the sugar water solution in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Put a clean cotton strip over the layer of the sugar mixture and wait for few minutes.
- Finally pull it off carefully in the direction of the hair growth.
3. Use Papaya to Get Rid of Facial Hair
Why to use papaya
Papaya is a natural exfoliator for our skin. It also has natural bleaching properties that helps in skin lightening and papaya also can lighten unwanted facial hair on women. Papain, a special enzyme present in papaya, breaks down the hair follicles and thus, slows down hair regrowth rate. Topical application of papaya on our face helps to inhibit hair growth and thus it becomes easier to control the extra hair growth on chin, upper lips and sideburns.
Check – 15 Top Benefits of Onion for Skin, Hair and Health
How to use papaya
- Take one raw papaya. Peel the skin and cut in into small cubes. Put them in a blender and prepare papaya pulp. You can also mash the papaya cubes to get papaya pulp. Put half tsp turmeric powder in the papaya pulp and mix together. Apply this facial hair removal mask on the face where you get maximum facial hair. Massage for few minutes and then, leave it on for another 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with tepid water. Use this homemade papaya facial hair removal mask once in a week to remove facial hair.
- In a bowl, take a tbsp papaya pulp and to this add 2-3 tbsp aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp mustard oil, 1/2 tsp gram flour, a pinch of turmeric. Mix all the ingredients together to make a thick paste. Spread this mixture on the areas where you want the hair to be removed from. Let it dry and scrub it off. You should use a clean and dry cloth to remove the paste and rub the piece of cloth in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Wash off with water, pat dry and apply any moisturizer.
- Alternatively, you can also use a turmeric and papaya paste to remove facial hair. Take 2 tbsp raw papaya pulp and a pinch of turmeric powder. Also, add some aloe vera gel and besan to the mixture and give it a good mix. Apply it on the area from where you want to remove hair. Let it dry and then scrub it off in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
4. Remove Facial Hair with Indian Nettle
Why to use Indian Nettle
Next on our list of how to remove facial hair comes Indian nettle. Indian nettle is an amazing herb which is known for its ability to deal with unwanted hair removal. It can result in fading and thinning of facial hair, and over time, it also slows down the hair regrowth rate. When combined with turmeric, it becomes more effective to remove facial hair. Below, you will find out simple ways to use Indian Nettle leaves to remove facial hair.
How to Remove Facial Hair using Indian Nettle
- Take a handful of fresh nettle leaves and wash them thoroughly. Grind them to make a paste and add a tsp of turmeric powder to it. Mix both the ingredients to prepare your DIY Facial Hair Removal Mask. Spread an even layer of this mask on the parts of your face where you get maximum facial hair. Leave it on for few hours and remove this paste by scrubbing off away from the direction of the hair growth. Repeat this remedy 3-4 times per week to remove facial hair.
- Take a piece of turmeric, a handful of fresh nettle leaves and some neem leaves. Sun dry all the ingredients. Grind them to make fine powder. Add some rice flour to it. Mix this powder with water to form a thin watery paste. Apply it on the face and let it dry. Do this at night before going to bed and keep the paste on overnight. Rinse off the next morning. Repeating this process every night will help to get rid of facial hair over time.
5. Use Red Lentil to Get Rid of Facial Hair
Why to use red lentil
Here we present you another super effective home remedy on how to remove facial hair. Red lentil or masoor dal is one such ingredient which is used very commonly used in DIY Facial Hair Removal Mask recipes. Masoor dal not only helps to get rid of unwanted facial hairs, but also boost the overall health of our skin, thanks to its rich protein content. Red lentil face packs are also very effective in inducing fairness and glow to the skin.
How to remove facial hair using red lentil
- Soak 100 gm of red lentil, 50 gm sandalwood powder and some orange peel powder in milk overnight. The next morning, grind all the ingredients and prepare a smooth paste. Apply this on the face, wait till it becomes dry. Scrub it off in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Regular application of this DIY hair removal pack will help to get rid of fine facial hair.
- Take half a cup of red lentil and put it in the grinder to get red lentil powder. In a bowl, take 2 tbsp of red lentil powder and mix that with required amount of honey and milk to make a smooth paste. Keep it undisturbed for 15 minutes. Then, spread an even layer of this face mask on the face, covering the facial hairs and let it dry naturally. Rub it off gently away from the direction of the hair growth. Do repeat this at least 2-3 times per week to remove facial hair.
- Here is another very simple way to use red lentil or masoor dal to remove facial hair naturally at home. Mix together 1 tsp red lentil powder, 1 tsp rice flour, 1 tsp gram flour and some milk to prepare a smooth paste. You can also add 2-3 drops of almond oil but that completely optional. Spread a thick layer of this paste on the face, specially on those areas where you have unwanted hair growth. Let it dry and then with wet fingertips, gently scrub it off. Remember to rub it away the direction of hair growth. Repeat this process 2-3 times in a week for a month to see noticeable result.
6. Remove Facial Hair using Egg White
Why to use egg white
Next on our list of how to remove facial hair comes egg white. Egg white is an excellent ingredient for our skin. Also the sticky nature of egg white makes it very effective for facial hair removal. The protein contents of egg white also help to boost up the collagen production of the skin and make it look healthy and youthful.
How to use egg white
- Take one egg white in a bowl and add a tbsp regular sugar and a pinch of cornstarch to it. Beat the mixture until you get a nice and smooth paste. Apply a layer of this paste on the face and then let it sit for few minutes. This face mask will harden in to a thick mask when it becomes dry. Quickly pull it off to remove the hairs. Just be careful not to hurt your skin.
- Alternatively, you can also use simply the egg white itself. Take 1 egg white in a bowl and apply it all over the face with the help of a brush. Now place a tissue paper over the layer of the egg white on your face. Next, apply another layer of egg white over the tissue paper. Let it dry. Once you feel tightness on your face and you feel that the mask has turned crisp by touching it, peel it off in the upward direction. Be very careful when you peel the mask off. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. This is a very simple technique for facial hair removal treatment.
7. How to Remove Facial Hair using Rice Flour
Why to use rice flour
Rice flour is one of the best way if you are thinking how to remove facial hair naturally. Rice flour is slightly coarse in texture which makes it one of the best exfoliators for our skin. Through exfoliation, it not only gets rid of the skin off dead cells, dirt and other impurities, but also removes unwanted facial hair. Check out below how you can use rice flour to remove facial hair.
How to Remove Facial Hair with rice flour
- Take some rice grains and grind them to prepare rice flour. If you want, you can grind 2-3 cups of rice and store the rice flour or rice powder in an airtight container for future use. Take 1 tablespoon rice flour in a bowl and to this, add 2 pinches of turmeric powder, one tsp oatmeal powder as well as some raw milk. Mix all the ingredients and prepare a paste. Apply an even layer of this paste on the face, specially to the areas where you experience unwanted facial hair growth. Leave it on to dry for 20 minutes. Massage the face and then scrub off the pack. However, rub the skin in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Repeat this remedy 2 times in a week. Regular usage will thin out the hair and eventually uproot them to give you a super soft and smooth skin.
- Alternatively, you can also mix honey, besan and some rice flour or rice powder to form a thick, smooth paste. Apply this paste onto the face in the direction opposite to hair growth. Let it stay for 10 minutes and then rinse off with water. This simple DIY Facial hair removal mask will uproot the hairs over time as well as give you baby soft skin.
8. Basil and Onion Mask to Remove Facial Hair
Why to use basil and onion mask
This is quite an unusual remedy to remove facial hair. We know that onion is actually helpful in hair growth. But when mixed with basil, it can actually help in removing unwanted facial hair. All you need to do is to find out the thin transparent membranes of onion skin that lies in between the onion layers.
How to use basil and onion
Take 2 medium sized onions or 1 large onion. Cut the onions and pull out the thin transparent membranes which sits in between the onion layers. Take a handful of basil leaves and crush them. Mix the onion membranes and also the crushed basil leaves in a grinder and make a paste. Apply this paste on the unwanted facial hairs and allow it to sit for 20-25 minutes. Wash off with water and use a mild soap or face wash afterwards to get rid of the onion smell. Repeat this remedy 3-4 times per week for a month for facial hair removal.
9. Use Banana and Oatmeal to Get Rid of Facial Hair
Why to use banana and oatmeal
Banana, when mixed with a exfoliating ingredient, makes a very effective natural scrub to remove the unwanted facial hair. Here we have used oatmeal with banana that exfoliates as well as moisturizes the skin.
How to use banana and oatmeal
Take one ripe banana and mash it with a fork. To the banana paste, add 1-2 tbsp of uncooked oatmeal. Mix well and apply the resultant mixture on the unwanted hairs and massage in circular motion. Allow it to sit there for next 15-20 minutes and then, rinse off with water. Repeat this twice a week to get rid of the facial hair.
10. Unwanted Facial Hair Removal with Sugar and Molasses
Why to use sugar and molasses
Molasses or corn syrup has high amount of magnesium in it which helps to deal with hormonal imbalance in our body. The mixture of sugar and molasses is a very effective way to get rid of unwanted face as well as body hair permanently.
How to remove facial hair using sugar and molasses
In a vessel, take a cup of sugar and add in few drops of molasses. Microwave it for 2-3 minutes to dissolve the sugar completely. Take out the vessel and add some lemon juice. Microwave the mixture once again to blend all the ingredients. Let it reach room temperature. Apply it over the unwanted hairs and then place a waxing strip on top of it. Press it firmly and pull it off in the opposite direction of the hair growth to remove the unwanted hairs. This is a bit painful process, but the results are worth the pain!
Facial hair, specially when it is much more than normal hair growth, is truly embarrassing. It is not only a beauty concern but it also interferes with your self esteem and makes you doubt about yourself. But you don’t have to live with them anymore! Try any of the above mentioned natural remedies on how to remove facial hair and also get super smooth, clean and clear skin that you won’t get tired to show off 🙂