How to Lighten Dark Inner Thighs Naturally at Home – Who doesn’t crave gorgeous skin from head to toe? Well, literally everyone. But dark skin on the inner thighs sometimes make us feel embarrassed. However, not anymore as here we have brought the solution to you on how to lighten dark inner thighs naturally. Having dark skin on your inner thighs can be very embarrassing when you wear a sexy short or a bikini. People can link that to your poor hygiene, which is even more embarrassing! The good news is that dark inner thighs are not a skin disease, and you can get rid of that easily. You don’t even have to spend money behind expensive parlor treatments, as natural remedies work best in such cases. So, lets find out how to lighten dark inner thighs easily at home.
Check – 12 Best Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Lips
Before we start discussing the ways to lighten dark inner thighs, let us find out the reasons behind skin darkening on the inner thighs.
Causes of Dark Inner Thighs
- One of the major causes behind dark inner thighs is obesity. The inner thighs of those who are overweight tend to rub each other during movement, which causes friction as well as discoloration of the skin.
- Friction between the thighs and clothes can also cause darkening of the skin on the inner thighs. This happens specially when you choose to wear tight clothes frequently.
- Lack of cleansing is another factor which is responsible for black inner thighs. Sweat accumulation along with dead skin cells and dirt causes discoloration of the skin and lead to dark inner thighs.
- In fact, regular shaving with razors can also cause dark inner thighs. The friction between the skin and the blades is responsible for this.
- Sun burn, sun tan etc causes hyper pigmentation on any part of the body including inner thighs, and lead to skin darkening.
- Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy as well as menopause can cause dark inner thighs.
- Another major cause of dark inner thighs is dry skin on the thighs.
These were the major factors that causes skin darkening and dark inner thighs. Let us talk about the solution now. Below we have listed some of the best natural remedies to lighten dark inner thighs, check them out.
Best Natural Remedies to Lighten Dark Inner Thighs
1. Lemon Juice to Lighten Dark Inner Thighs
Lemon juice is known for its amazing skin lightening properties. It contains citric acid which has natural bleaching properties. The citric acid helps in exfoliating the dark inner thighs and remove the dead skin cells build up, which gradually helps to lighten dark inner thighs. Lemon juice also contains vitamin C, which helps in skin lightening.
How to use lemon juice to treat dark inner thighs?
- Applying lemon juice on the skin is very effective in skin lightening. You can apply freshly squeezed lemon juice on the affected skin with the help of a cotton ball. Alternatively, you can also rub one lemon slice directly on to the inner thighs and keep it on for at least an hour. Wash the skin with fresh water. Repeat daily.
- Mix together a tbsp each of plain yogurt and fresh lemon juice to make a paste. Apply it on the dark inner thighs and massage gently. Leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with plain water and pat dry. Repeat 2-3 times in a week.
- Combine equal parts of lemon juice and rose water. Apply it on the affected skin with the help of a cotton ball. Let it dry naturally. Wash off with fresh water. Do this daily.
2. Lighten Dark Inner Thighs with Papaya
Papaya is known for its skin lightening properties. The enzymes present in papaya along with the AHA and BHA, help to clear up the skin and remove pigmentation, darkness, patchy skin, acne marks etc. Papaya contains a special enzyme known as ‘papain’, which is a protein dissolving enzyme. It exfoliates the skin gently but effectively and removes the layer of dead skin cells and help to restore the natural skin color. Also, the beta carotene in papaya boosts cell regeneration and leads to fresh, spotless skin. Papaya contains vitamin A, which also helps to get rid of dark spots and give clearer skin. Vitamin C in papaya also helps to lighten dark inner thighs.
How to use papaya to get rid of dark inner thighs?
- Cut a medium sized ripe papaya into small pieces. Put them in the blender and prepare papaya pulp. Apply the papaya pup directly on the inner thighs and massage. Let it sit for 215-0 minutes and then wash off with fresh, cool water. Repeat 2-3 times in a week.
- Alternatively, mix one tbsp papaya pulp with half tbsp lemon juice. Gently apply the mixture on the dark inner thighs, massage with a soft brush and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Finally wash off with fresh water. Repeat twice or thrice to lighten dark inner thighs.
- In a blender, put some papaya cubes and pineapple cubes. Blend together and take it out. Add some milk and give it a final mix. Apply the mixture on the affected skin. Allow it to sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with plain water. Repeat twice in a week.
3. Get Rid of Dark Inner Thighs with Turmeric
Turmeric is an age old remedy to lighten our skin color. It has the ability to control melanin production and that’s why it turmeric is considered so effective in reducing hyper-pigmentation and lightening the skin color. Turmeric has curcumin in it, which is an anti oxidant and it can protect our skin from sun damage that includes pigmentation, dark spots and also photo-aging. Turmeric is a good source of vitamin C, which helps directly in exfoliating the dead skin cells and lightens the skin discoloration.
How to use turmeric to lighten dark inner thighs?
- Mix together 3 tsp lemon juice with a tsp turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on dark inner thighs, massage a little and let it sit for 30 minutes. Wash off and repeat daily.
- Prepare a mixture by adding a generous pinch of turmeric powder to a tbsp of coconut milk. Apply this paste on the affected area. Massage the skin gently with a soft brush in circular motion and let it sit there for another 20-30 minutes. Use luke warm water to wash it off. Repeat daily.
- Prepare some papaya pulp and then add half tsp turmeric powder to that. Mix together both the ingredients and apply it on the black inner thighs. Gently massage the area for couple of minutes and keep it on the skin for another 15-20 minutes. Use plain water to wash off. Reapply twice or thrice in a week.
- Mix together a tsp each of turmeric powder and baking soda as well as one tbsp corn flour and two tbsp lemon juice in a bowl. Apply the mixture on the skin, massage with a soft brush and allow it to sit for 20-25 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Repeat twice or thrice a week.
4. Use Aloe Vera to Lighten Dark Inner Thighs
Aloe vera also helps in lightening inner thighs. It contains a compound known as ‘anthraquinon’, which is very useful in removing the dead skin cells. Thus, it helps in skin lightening. Also aloe vera has natural skin bleaching properties, which come handy in lightening skin discoloration on inner thighs. Furthermore, aloe vera contains Aloesin, a flavonoid that helps to lighten the skin by inhibiting melanin production. Furthermore, aloe vera also moisturizes the skin, keeps it hydrated and nourished, thanks to its vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids content.
How to use aloe vera to lighten dark inner thighs?
- Cut one aloe vera leaf and extract the fresh gel from inside. Directly apply the aloe vera gel on the affected skin and massage gently. Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off. Repeat this treatment every alternate day.
- Mix together a tsp each of aloe vera gel and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on inner thighs and massage gently. Keep it on for 20-30 minutes and then wash off. Repeat this everyday to lighten dark inner thighs.
- Combine equal amount of brown sugar and aloe vera gel to prepare a scrub. Apply it on the black inner thighs and gently exfoliate. Wash off with plain water. Repeat thrice in a week.
- Alternatively, mix together aloe vera gel and cucumber juice in 1:1 ratio. Add few drops of Vitamin E oil. Apply this on the affected skin and massage well. Wait till it gets absorbed by the skin. Rinse off if there is any residue. Repeat everyday to lighten dark inner thighs.
5. Use Potato to Treat Dark Inner Thighs
Potatoes are known for natural bleaching properties. Potatoes contain vitamin A, B1 ,B2, B6, C, beta carotene, magnesium, phosphorus and various other nutrients that nourish the skin and restore its natural color. It contains catecholase enzyme that helps to reduce dark patches and gives clear skin. The potassium in potatoes helps in moisturizing and hydrating the skin. Vitamin B6 boosts cell production and helps in lightening skin discoloration. Furthermore, potatoes contain calcium which is very effective in healing dry skin. Also, vitamin C boosts collagen production and keep the skin healthy and smooth.
How to use potato to lighten dark inner thighs?
- Take a medium sized potato, remove the skin and then cut it into thick slices. Rub couple of potato slices onto the dark inner thighs and wait for 15-20 minutes, until the skin absorbs potato juice. Wash off with fresh, cool water. Repeat twice in a day.
- Mix together potato juice and lemon juice in 1:1 ratio. Apply this mixture on to the black inner thighs. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with fresh water. Repeat this daily to lighten dark inner thighs.
- Add a tbsp each of besan and yogurt to some potato juice and mix well to make a paste. Apply it directly on the dark inner thighs and massage with a soft brush. Keep it on for another 15-20 minutes. Finally wash off with cold water. Repeat twice in a week.
- Mix some potato juice with a tsp of honey and apply the resultant mixture on the affected skin. Allow it to stay on the skin for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with plain water and repeat every alternate day to lighten dark dark inner thighs.
6. Treat Dark Inner Thighs with Milk
Milk is not only a healthy drink, but its a great beauty weapon as well. Milk helps significantly in lightening skin discoloration. The lactic acid content of milk can be attributed for this. The lactic acid is a great exfoliator for our skin, which removes the dead skin cells, reduces pigmentation as well as lightens our skin tone. Furthermore, milk is rich in essential nutrients including, vitamins A, B2, B12 as well as minerals like potassium, calcium, etc. These nutrients help to enhance the overall health of our skin and restore its natural color.
How to use milk to lighten dark inner thighs?
- Simply apply raw milk all over the affected skin and use a soft washcloth to rub the skin gently. Continue for 5-8 minutes. Wash off with plain water and repeat daily.
- Mix together a tsp each of milk and honey, a pinch of turmeric as well as few drops of lemon juice. Make a paste and apply on the inner thighs and then allow it to dry naturally. Rinse off with cold water. Repeat daily.
- Grate one cucumber to make cucumber pulp. In a bowl, take a tbsp of cucumber pulp and add half tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice and some milk. Mix together to prepare a paste. Apply the paste all over the affected skin, massage gently and wash off after 15 minutes. Repeat 2-3 times in a week to lighten dark inner thighs.
7. Use Oatmeal to Get Rid of Dark Inner Thighs
Oatmeal is a wonderful natural cleanser for our skin. It contains ‘saponin’ which provides deep cleansing effect and removes toxins from the skin to lighten skin discolorations. Topical application of oatmeal works as a great natural exfoliant. It effectively removes dirt and impurities that build up on the top layer of the skin and clears up the skin. Oatmeal contains amino acids in it which help in lightening skin discoloration. The anti oxidant benefits of oatmeal also play a vital part in lightening skin discoloration. Furthermore, this ingredient contains good amount of vitamin E which is known for its ability to reduce pigmentation. Vitamin B1 in oatmeal enhances blood circulation as well as promotes skin whitening as well. In fact, zinc deficiency also lead to skin darkening, and oatmeal, being a rich source of zinc, help significantly to resolve this issue.
How to use oatmeal to lighten dark inner thighs?
- Put two tbsp oatmeal in the grinder and prepare oatmeal powder. Take it out and add a tbsp of raw honey and two tbsp of milk to the oats powder. Mix every thing nicely and apply it on the affected skin. Massage gently in circular motions and wash off with plain water. Repeat every alternate day to remove the dead skin cells and lighten the discoloration.
- Alternatively, you can add a tsp of rice flour to same amount of oats powder and then add some milk or rose water to that. Mix together and prepare a paste. Apply it on the inner thighs and massage gently with a soft, damp wash cloth. Wash off with cool water and repeat twice or thrice in a week. Just like oatmeal, rice flour is also popular for its ability to lighten skin color.
- Here is another simple way to use oatmeal to treat dark inner thighs. In a bowl, take two tbsp oatmeal powder and a pinch of turmeric. Also add some lemon juice. Finally add some rose water and mix all the ingredients together to prepare a paste. Apply on the affected skin and massage gently in circular motions. Rinse off with plain water and repeat twice or thrice in a week for best results.
8. Lighten Dark Inner Thighs with Orange Peel
Orange peel is another very useful natural remedy to lighten skin discoloration and restore the natural color of the skin. Vitamin C is one such vitamin which plays a big role when it comes to skin lightening as well as brightening. And orange peel is rich in Vitamin C. In fact, the peel contains more vitamin C than the fruit itself. Topical application of orange peel helps in exfoliating the skin and removing every trace of dirt and impurities to clear up the skin.
How to use orange peel to lighten skin discoloration on inner thighs?
- You need to get hold of orange peel powder in order to use this on the skin. Either you can grab the ones available in stores, or prepare your own orange peel powder by drying some orange peel in the shade and then grinding them to powder. Many health experts suggest drying orange peel under direct sunlight makes it lose its efficacy.
- In a bowl, take two tbsp of orange peel powder and add some milk as well as rose water to prepare a paste. Apply that on the affected skin of the inner thighs and massage gently in circular motions. Let it sit for another few minutes before rinsing off with plain water. Repeat twice or thrice in a week for best results.
- Not only orange peel, you can use orange juice as well to lighten skin discoloration on the inner thighs. Along with vitamin C, orange juice contains a good amount of vitamin A which helps to boost blood circulation and make the skin brighter as well as whiter. Moreover, the citric acid present in orange juice helps to remove the dirt and impurities and clear up the skin. You can simply mix together some orange juice, lemon juice as well as sugar to prepare a scrub. Apply it on the affected skin and exfoliate. Wash off with cool water. Repeat every alternate day for fast result.
- Alternatively, prepare a mixture by combining two tbsp orange juice and a tbsp each of honey and apple cider vinegar. Apply it on the skin and massage in circular motions. Let it stay on the skin for few more minutes and wash off with plain water. Repeat regularly to lighten dark inner thighs.
9. Get Rid of Black Inner Thighs with Baking Soda
Its not possible to ignore baking soda when it comes to the best natural remedies to whiten dark inner thighs. Baking soda is an excellent natural exfoliator which significantly helps with skin lightening. When used on the skin, baking soda removes the dirt as well as dead skin cells accumulated on the top layer of the skin and helps in clearing up the skin. Moreover, the natural alkalizing properties of baking soda help in restoring the pH level of the skin, which is essential if you want to get healthy as well as brighter complexion.
How to use Baking Soda to lighten dark inner thighs?
- Mix together a tsp of baking soda, two tbsp of yogurt and half lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the affected skin and massage gently with your fingertips, in circular motion. Keep it on the skin for another 5 – 10 minutes and then wash it off. Repeat every alternate day for effective results.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a paste by adding some lemon juice to baking soda and apply that directly on the affected skin. Massage gently with fingertips and keep it on the skin for few more minutes. Wash off with plain water. Repeat regularly.
10. Use Sandalwood Powder to Lighten Black Thighs
Sandalwood powder has wonderful skin lightening properties as well, which is why it is regarded as one of the best natural remedy to lighten skin discoloration.
How to use sandalwood powder to whiten dark inner thighs?
Mix together a tsp each of sandalwood powder, milk, lemon juice as well as besan. Add a pinch of turmeric. Mix together and then apply on the dark inner thighs. Wait for 25-30 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. Repeat regularly.
This was a list of 10 best natural remedies to lighten dark inner thighs. Hope you liked the article. Stay tuned for more such useful posts 🙂