How to Grow Thick Eyebrows – 12 Simple Home Remedies – Bold and Thick eyebrows are very much in trend these days, and so we have brought to you this article on how to grow thick eyebrows with 12 simple home remedies. Eyebrows are a very important part of one’s face and it plays a vital role in eye makeup as well. I have already shared a post on this – All about Eyebrows Care and Makeup. According to beauty experts, bold, thick eyebrows make you look cheerful and younger, whereas thin, sparse eyebrows just do the opposite. Many times, we end up with thin, scanty eyebrows due to over plucking or threading. If you want to get back your thick eyebrows once again, you have come at the right place! Lets check out how to grow thick eyebrows with 12 simple home remedies.
Check – 5 Products for Best Eyebrows Look
Before we begin with our post on how to grow thick eyebrows with 12 simple home remedies, lets first check out the reasons for thinning eyebrows. When we know enough about the problem itself, it becomes easier to look for the solution.
What causes thinning of eyebrows
Over Plucking – This is the most common cause of losing eyebrow hair. Many of us have this habit of visiting the parlor often to pluck the eyebrows. But according to researches, it takes about 6 weeks to regrow one eyebrow hair. And that’s why, when you make the mistake of frequent eyebrow plucking it gets even more delayed. Not only eyebrow thinning, but over plucking has several other damaging affects as well, like ingrown hairs, infections and damage to the hair follicle. The latter can even lead to permanent loss of eyebrow hair.
Nutrient Deficiency – Nutrient deficiency can actually disturb our hair growth process. It can negatively affect the hair on our scalp as well as the hair on our eyebrows. For better hair growth, both on our scalp and eyebrows, our daily diet must include iron and zinc, vitamin D, protein, omega 3 fatty acids as well as biotin and vitamin B12.
Check – How to use Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth
Hypothyroidism – Low thyroid or hypothyroidism can also lead to thinning eyebrows. Lack of iodine in our body is the main reason of hypothyroidism. The thyroid gland produces thyroid hormones which control many of the important functions in our body. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones, one can feel tired, gain sudden weight as well as can experience hair loss.
Aging – Aging does not make anything better and that’s why you cannot expect that your eyebrows will remain as bold and thick as they were in your 20s or 30s. As we get older, our hair starts to get thinner and hair loss becomes very common. This is the main reason our eyebrows become thinner and sparse as we age. However, premature aging can also affect our eyebrows negatively. To prevent this, make sure your skin is hydrated, try to avoid stress and go easy with your eyebrow makeup.
Eczema – Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis is a medical condition that can lead to loss of our eyebrow hair. Eczema is actually a skin inflammation that leads to red and itchy skin. Though eczema is not known to affect the eyebrows directly, but sometimes the skin around our brows can suffer from eczema and that can lead to hair loss in eyebrows.
Alopecia – Alopecia is actually spot baldness. It is an auto immune disease that can cause hair loss from scalp, eyebrows and other parts of our body. It usually starts on the scalp first and if proper and timely care is not taken, then it can cause eyebrow hair loss as well.
So, we have seen that thinning eyebrows can be caused due to several reasons. Now lets talk about the solutions.
How to Grow Thick Eyebrows – 12 Simple Home Remedies
Natural remedies are a great solution to grow thick eyebrows. Below we have listed the most effective remedies. Lets check them out –
1. Use Castor Oil to Grow Eyebrows Thicker
Why to use castor oil to grow thick eyebrows
Castor oil is an age old remedy for eyebrow thickening. It is a store house of protein, vitamins, essential fatty acids as well as anti oxidants that nourish our hair follicles and facilitates hair growth. Also castor oil is quite effective in fighting against any micro organisms that affect eyebrow hair growth negatively.
How to use castor oil on eyebrows
Simply soak a cotton pad in castor oil and apply it on both the eyebrows. Gently massage with your finger tips for few minutes and then leave it on for 30-40 minutes. You can also use castor oil as an overnight treatment. Wash off with a mild cleanser. Do this entire process every day for a month or 2 to grow thick eyebrows. However make sure that you use an organic castor oil and do a patch test before using it on your eyebrows.
2. Apply Onion Juice to Get Thick Eyebrows
Why to use onion juice to grow thick eyebrows
Next on our list of best remedies to grow thick eyebrows comes onion juice. Onion juice contains high amount of sulfur, selenium, minerals and vitamin B as well as vitamin C. All these ingredients are very good for promoting hair growth. The main reason why onion is known as the best remedy for hair growth is due to its sulfur content. Sulfur actually boosts the production of collagen tissues which is essential to grow thick eyebrows. Furthermore, it also strengthens the hair follicles and prevents hair loss in the eyebrows.
How to use onion juice to get thick eyebrows
Take a medium sized onion and chop it. Put the chopped onions in the blender and prepare a paste. Squeeze out the juice from the onion paste and apply it on the eyebrows with a Q-tip. Let it sit for an hour and then remove it with cold water and a mild cleanser. If you are not comfortable with the pungent smell of onion, mix 2-3 drops of lemon juice to it. Be very careful with the amount of the lemon juice as it has natural bleaching properties.
3. Egg Yolk Remedy to Grow Eyebrows Faster
Why to use egg yolk to grow thick eyebrows
Here comes a very interesting remedy to grow thick eyebrows. The hair on our scalp as well as on our eyebrows are made of keratin, which is a type of protein. Egg, specially egg yolk, is a great source of protein, specially biotin. This is why egg yolk is considered as a great natural remedy.
How to use egg yolk to thicken eyebrows
- Take an egg and separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Keep the egg yolk in a bowl and beat it until you get a smooth consistency. With the help of a brush, apply the egg yolk directly on the eyebrows and wait for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water and a mild cleanser. Follow this egg yolk treatment once or twice a week for few weeks to grow thick eyebrows.
- Here is another simple remedy. In a bowl, beat an egg yolk and add a tsp avocado oil in it. Mix both the ingredients and apply on the eyebrows. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash off with plain water and pat dry. Massage the eyebrows with some avocado oil. Repeat this remedy for fuller eyebrows every alternate night for a month to grow thick eyebrows. Avocado is a rich source of vitamin B which is an essential vitamin for hair growth.
4. Use Fenugreek Seeds for Faster Growth of Eyebrows
Why to use fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are one of the best way to grow thick eyebrows. The seeds are rich in protein, which is essential for the growth of our eyebrow hair, because they are also made of protein. Furthermore, fenugreek seeds also contain nicotinic acid and lecithin that encourages hair growth. Fenugreek seeds are also known for their ability to strengthen our hair follicles and there by stopping hair fall.
How to use fenugreek seeds for thick eyebrows
Its very simple to use fenugreek seeds to grow thick eyebrows. Soak a tsp of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The next morning grind the seeds and add few drops of coconut oil or almond oil to the paste. Mix well and apply the fenugreek seeds paste on the eyebrows before going to bed at night. Leave it on overnight and then wash off in the morning with warm water. Follow this treatment 2-3 times in a week for 2 months to get desired result.
5. Apply Rosemary Essential Oil for Thick Eyebrows
Why to use rosemary essential oil to grow thick eyebrows
Next on our list of best natural remedies for thick eyebrows comes rosemary essential oil. It is an age old remedy for boosting hair growth. It has the ability to stimulate blood circulation and also cell regrowth which in turn, leads to thick eyebrows.
How to use rosemary essential oil for thickening eyebrows
Mix few drops of rosemary essential oil and a tbsp jojoba oil or olive oil. Gently massage it on the eyebrows and leave it on overnight. Wash off with a mild face wash in the morning. This remedy should be followed every night for best results.
Check – Sugar Cosmetics Never Say Dry Creme Lipstick 04 Revolutionary Rose
6. Milk Remedy to Grow Thicker Eyebrows
Why to use milk to grow thick eyebrows
Milk is a great beverage for our health. It is a great source of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. And for the same reason, it helps in better hair re growth. The vitamins and the nutrients present in milk nourish the hair follicles, keep them healthy and encourages hair growth.
How to use milk for thick eyebrows
- Milk is a great home remedy for thick eyebrows. And the application is pretty easy as well. All you need to have is a quarter of a cup of whole milk and soak a cotton ball in it. Gently apply the milk on the eyebrows by rubbing the cotton ball in circular motion. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash with plain water. Follow this remedy twice or thrice in a day, daily for several weeks to grow thick eyebrows.
- Alternatively, you can also use the combination of milk and honey to grow thick eyebrows. Mix 1 tsp each of milk and honey and apply the mixture onto the eyebrows. Massage for 2-3 minutes and let it sit for another 15 minutes and then, wash off. Follow up with rose hip oil. Massage a few drops of rose hip oil onto the eyebrows and leave it on overnight. This is a great overnight treatment for growing thick eyebrows. Rose hip oil is very effective in nourishing the hair follicles and thus, promoting eyebrow hair growth.
7. Get Thick Eyebrows using Petroleum Jelly
Why to use petroleum jelly to grow thick eyebrows
Petroleum jelly is very helpful in retaining the moisture in our eyebrows. It prevents moisture loss which helps significantly to grow thick eyebrows. When the hairs on our eyebrows stay moisturized and hydrated, it prevents hair loss due to dryness and our hair follicles also stay nourished.
How to use petroleum jelly to get thick eyebrows
Apply a generous amount of petroleum jelly on the eyebrows every night before going to bed. In the next morning, remove with plain water. However, here is a word of caution. Petroleum jelly is rich in oil. Hence, it is not advised for those with acne prone skin. Petroleum jelly can clog the pores and invite breakouts.
8. Apply Aloe Vera Gel to Get Thick Eyebrows
How to use aloe vera gel to grow thick eyebrows
Aloe vera gel comes next on our list of most effective remedies for thick eyebrows. Aloe vera contains a compound known as aloenin which is very effective in promoting hair growth. Aloenin has similar chemical makeup to that of keratin, and this is why it boosts hair growth a well as maintain the natural elasticity of our hair. Also the moisturizing properties and the enzymes present in aloe vera gel help in nourishing the hair follicles which in turn make our eyebrows grow fuller and thicker. Too much oil accumulation on eyebrow hair follicles can also hamper the hair growth on our eyebrows. Aloe vera has the ability to control excess oil. It can get rid of the oil accumulation as well as open up the follicles to encourage hair growth.
How to use aloe vera gel to thicken eyebrows
- It is always best to apply the natural and fresh aloe vera gel for best results. Cut a leaf from the aloe vera tree, peel off the outer part of the leaf and scoop out the gel. Store it in a container and keep it in the refrigerator for future use. Take out a little amount of the aloe vera gel and massage it on to the eyebrows till it gets absorbed. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then rinse off with luke warm water.
- Alternatively, you can mix few drops of honey or coconut oil with half tsp of aloe vera gel and apply it on the eyebrows. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off with plain water.
- Mix equal amount of sesame seed oil and aloe vera gel and massage onto the eyebrows. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off. Regular use of this remedy will make eyebrows thick.
9. Grow Your Eyebrows with Hibiscus
Why to use hibiscus for thick eyebrows
It is impossible to leave out hibiscus from our list of best remedies to get thick eyebrows naturally. Hibiscus has been used since ages to stop hair fall and boost hair growth. According to researches, hibiscus flower and hibiscus leaves, both are very effective in promoting hair growth. The high amount of Vitamin C present in Hibiscus boosts collagen production and ensures healthy hair growth. The amino acids present in this flower also facilitates hair growth. Also, it improves blood circulation to the hair follicles in the eyebrows to grow them thicker and healthier.
How to use hibiscus to grow thick eyebrows
Below you will find out how we can apply hibiscus to grow thick eyebrows –
- Take 1-2 fresh hibiscus flowers and separate the petals. Crush them and apply directly on the eyebrows. Let it sit for 30-40 minutes and then, wash off with mild cleanser and plain water. You can repeat the same process with hibiscus leaves as well. Repeat this hibiscus treatment on daily basis for best results.
- Alternatively, you can mix together 3 tbsp of ginger juice and 2 tbsp of crushed hibiscus flowers. Massage it onto the eyebrows and wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with a mild cleanser. Both ginger and hibiscus are known for their extra-ordinary hair growth boosting abilities. This mixture of ginger juice and hibiscus flower can stimulate hair growth from dormant hair follicles as well. You need to repeat this home remedy twice or thrice a week to grow thick eyebrows.
10. Use Lemon to Grow Eyebrows Fast
Why to use lemon to grow thick eyebrows
Lemon is a do-it-all ingredient for our skin as well as hair. And so no wonder that lemon is also going to help with thicker eyebrows. The acidity of lemon helps in controlling excess oil and let more oxygen reach the hair follicles. This in turn encourages hair growth in our eyebrows.
How to use lemon for thickening eyebrows
- Take a lemon, peel and then slice it. Put 3-4 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil in a glass jar and add the lemon slices in it and close the lid. Keep the jar in a cool and dark place for 2 weeks. Once two weeks get over, apply a little amount of this oil daily onto the eyebrows. Lemon peel is very effective in unclogging the hair follicles which can prevent hair regrowth. Coconut oil provides nourishment to the hair and encourage hair growth in the eyebrows.
- Alternatively, you can cut a thick slice of lemon and rub this on the eyebrows for couple of minutes. Wait for 2 minutes and then rinse off with plain water. Follow this treatment twice in a week for thicker and fuller eyebrows.
11. Apply Vitamin E Oil to Get Thick Eyebrows
Why to use vitamin E oil to grow thick eyebrows
Vitamin E is one of the most important vitamins for beautiful skin and healthy hair. Vitamin E can promote hair growth by strengthening hair follicles. It is a powerful anti oxidant that helps to deal with the oxidative stress which can otherwise hamper hair growth.
Check – How to Apply Makeup like Professional- Step by Step Tutorial
How to use vitamin E oil to get thick eyebrows
Get Vitamin E capsules from any medical shop. Take one capsule at a time and use a pin to make a hole and squeeze out the oil. Apply this oil on the eyebrows and massage for few minutes. Leave it on overnight. This is one of the best overnight treatment. Repeat this every night for best result.
12. Curry Leaves Remedy for Thick Eyebrows
Why to use curry leaves
Curry leaves contain beta-carotene as well as protein. Beta carotene helps in preventing hair loss. Protein stops the thinning of hair and thus, helps in growing thick eyebrows. Curry leaves also contain amino acid and anti oxidants that helps in preventing hair fall and strengthening the hair follicles. These aromatic herb also is a rich source of calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, phosphorous, beta carotene, iron, proteins, amino acids, fibers, carbohydrates as well as antioxidants. All these nutrients also help to improve hair texture and strength.
How to use curry leaves for thickening eyebrows
Take a handful of curry leaves and soak them in a cup of warm water for few hours. Strain the leaves and collect the water. With the help of a cotton ball, apply this curry leaves infused water on to the eyebrows. Leave it on overnight and follow this treatment in every alternate night.
These were a dozen of most effective remedies to grow thick eyebrows. All these remedies are safe, effective and also gives permanent result. However, you need to keep patience while trying these methods. And, don’t forget to combine these remedies with healthy diet, enough sleep and balanced lifestyle for best results.