How to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles Naturally at Home – Forehead wrinkles, also known as furrow lines or frown lines are a common skin concern these days. This is particularly bothersome for us young people. And, forehead wrinkles are not always associated with aging! Here is this post, we have listed some effective ways to get rid of forehead wrinkles easily at home. More often they are result of stress and daily exhaustion. In fact, our facial expression, specially repeatative facial movements are also one of the main culprits! Chances are high that you are probably looking for some natural remedies to smoothen those forehead wrinkles. If yes, then start reading the article below to find out How to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles Naturally at Home.
Check – Home Remedies to Reduce Wrinkles on Face
Below we have listed some of the most effective natural treatments to get rid of forehead wrinkles. But before that, let us share few important facts about the wrinkles on the forehead, or the frown lines as we call them commonly.
What are Forehead Wrinkles
Forehead wrinkles are known as worry lines or frown lines. When a person repeatedly makes the same facial expression, the muscle tissues of a particular part of the face becomes weak and thin, and results in temporary lines. For example, when a person goes through a lot of stress, he/she frowns quite frequently and this causes wrinkles and lines on the forehead region, which we call forehead wrinkles. Aging is another cause behind getting the wrinkles, not only on forehead, but various parts of the face. As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and collagen production also becomes less, which lead to saggy skin and wrinkles.
Causes of Forehead Wrinkles
- Frequent and unprotected sun exposure
- Frequent frowing
- Repeatedly making facial expressions that cause wrinkling of the skin on forehead
- Poor diet
- Lack of sleep
Lets now talk about the remedies to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles. Keep on reading –
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles
1. Forehead Massage to Treat Forehead Wrinkles
How to do?
Mix together few drops each of olive oil and coconut oil. Warm up a bit and apply it on the forehead. Massage the area with your finger tips in a downward to upward motion. Continue doing this for 10 minutes and repeat once or twice daily.
Why it works?
Both olive oil and coconut oil are excellent skin moisturizers. They work in two ways to get rid of forehead wrinkles. Firstly, they hydrate the skin and remove the surface dryness. And secondly, the massage improves blood circulation and provides a boost of nutrition to the skin tissues and make them healthy once again to smoothen out the wrinkles.
2. Vitamin E Oil to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles
How to use vitamin E oil to cure forehead wrinkles?
- Take 2-3 vitamin E capsules and puncture them. Squeeze out the oil and apply it on the affected parts. Massage gently and leave it on overnight. Wash off the next morning. Repeat daily.
- Combine together a tsp coconut oil, few drops of vitamin E oil and 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil. Apply this on the forehead wrinkles and massage in downward to upward motion. Let it stay for 30 minutes at least. Wash off with plain water and repeat once or twice daily.
- Prepare a paste by mixing together a tsp honey, few drops of vitamin E oil, half tsp each of rose water and turmeric powder. Spread it over the wrinkles and wait for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off. Reapply this treatment daily to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
Why this works?
The main reason why Vitamin E is considered so effective as an anti wrinkle remedy, is because it boosts collagen production in the skin and smoothens out wrinkles and fine lines. Thus, it helps the skin to look younger. It can boost blood circulation and ensure that the skin cells are getting properly nourished. This in turn, stimulates collagen production and helps to lighten the wrinkles. Moreover, it is a rich lipid soluble antioxidant and can also neutralize the activities of free radicals that can also lead to skin aging and prevents wrinkle formation.
Dryness of the skin is another major reason that can lead to wrinkles, and here also vitamin E plays a protective role, thanks to its moisturizing properties than make the skin moist and supple. Vitamin E boosts the production of elastin, a structural protein which is essential for maintaining skin elasticity and reducing the wrinkles and fine lines. Furthermore, this vitamin can accelerate new cell growth, which helps majorly to lighten the appearance of wrinkles.
3. Lighten Forehead Wrinkles with Lemon Juice
How to use lemon juice to get rid of forehead wrinkles?
- Cut one fresh lemon into two halves. Squeeze out the juice from of half of the lemon and apply it on the affected part. In case you have sensitive skin, mix the lemon juice with equal amount of water. Let the juice dry naturally and rinse off with plain water.
- Combine together juice of one lemon and one cucumber as well as half cup of water. Pour the solution on an ice tray and put it in the freezer to form ice cubes. Once the ice cubes are formed, take out a cube and rub it on the wrinkles for few minutes. Repeat daily.
- Prepare a mixture by adding few drops each of glycerin and rose water to two tsp lemon juice. Massage the mixture on to the forehead wrinkles. Let it stay overnight on the skin. Rinse off with fresh water the next morning. Repeat everyday to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
Why this works?
Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamin C. It encourages the collagen production in the skin and helps to maintain the skin elasticity and smoothness. The astringent properties of lemon juice helps in pore tightening as well as skin tightening, which also play a big role in smoothening out the wrinkles. Lemon juice has hydrating properties, which restore the lost moisture of the skin. Sun damage is a major cause that leads to wrinkle formation. Lemon has the ability to repair the sun damage and restore skin health.
4. Treat Forehead Wrinkles with Egg White
How to use egg white to get rid of forehead wrinkles?
- Take one egg, break it open and separate the white part from the egg yolk. Spread an even layer of the egg white on the forehead wrinkles and let it dry naturally. Wash off with cold water and repeat daily.
- Alternatively, you can combine one egg white with few drops each of honey and olive oil. Apply the mixture all over the forehead and wait for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with cold water and repeat 3-4 times in a week.
- Add some oatmeal to one egg white and make a paste. Apply that to the wrinkles and keep it on the skin for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with cool water and repeat thrice in a week.
Why it works?
Egg white is one of the best natural treatment for wrinkles. It contains riboflavin, which comes with anti inflammatory and anti oxidant properties and helps in preventing cellular damage. It also heals the damaged skin cells and thus, reduce aging signs like wrinkles and lines. Egg white is a rich source of protein and the protein helps in cell regeneration and boost collagen production. This has anti aging effect as it helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and make the skin smooth and plump. Egg white has astringent properties as well, which contribute significantly to skin tightening and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
Furthermore, egg white contains albumin, a special compound that works extremely well to reduce wrinkles. Magnesium in egg slows down the aging process, whereas, potassium prevents moisture loss from the skin and keeps the skin hydrated. All the nutrients present in egg white repair and nourish damaged skin cells and smoothen out wrinkles and fine lines.
5. Apply Banana to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles
How to use banana to get rid of forehead wrinkles?
- Mash one ripe banana. Take about a tsp of mashed banana and add some rose water to it. Mix both the ingredients and apply it on to the forehead. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with fresh water and reapply every alternate day.
- Make a paste by mixing together some mashed banana and few drops of olive oil. Massage the affected part with this paste and keep it on the skin for 30 minutes. Rinse off with fresh water and reapply twice or thrice in a week.
- Take one small slice of banana and add some raw honey to it. Mash together and make a paste. Apply this on the forehead wrinkles and massage a little in downward to upward motion. Leave it on the skin for another 20-30 minutes and wash off. Reapply every alternate day to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
Why this works?
Banana is a rich source of potassium. Potassium is a mineral that hydrate and moisturize dry skin and lighten the appearance of wrinkles and lines. Also this mineral stimulates tissue growth, which helps in smoothening of wrinkles. The B vitamins present in banana protect the skin against free radicals and prevent pre-mature aging. Banana also contains vitamin A that heals dry skin and smoothens out aging skin. Vitamin C in banana has anti oxidants benefits. It fights off free radicals as well as improves collagen production to maintain the elasticity and smoothness of the skin. Bananas also contain vitamin E which protects skin from UV damage and slows down the process of aging. Furthermore, banana comes with amino acids in it, which nourish the skin, strengthen the connective tissues and maintain skin elasticity. Banana is high in water, which contributes to skin hydration and prevents dryness of the skin.
6. Lighten Forehead Wrinkles with Aloe Vera
How to use aloe vera to get rid of forehead wrinkles?
- Cut a leaf from an aloe vera plant and extract the gel. Apply the fresh aloe vera gel on the forehead wrinkles and massage it for 5 minutes in downward to upward motion. Let it stay for another 15-20 minutes and wash off with luke warm water. Repeat once or twice daily.
- Add few drops of lemon juice to one tsp aloe vera gel. Give it a good mix and apply it on the affected parts. Allow it to sit on the skin for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it off. Repeat everyday to get rid of forehead wrinkles..
- Mix together half tsp of aloe vera gel with some egg white. Apply the mixture on the forehead and allow it to sit on the skin for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with cold water and repeat thrice in a week.
Why this works?
Aloe vera gel is one miraculous remedy to repair skin aging naturally. It comes with malic acid which has significant anti aging benefits. It is very effective in improving skin elasticity as well as reduce signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines. Zinc present in aloe vera gel has astringent benefits. It contributes to skin tightening and maintains the youthfulness of the skin by shrinking large pores. Aloe vera gel also contains mucopolysaccharides which is a long chain sugar molecule. This helps to retain skin’s moisture level and enhances the formation of collagen, thus smoothening out wrinkles and fine lines.
Furthermore, aloe vera is a rich source of vitamins, such as vitamin A, B, C and E that nourishes the skin and prevents skin aging by strengthening the skin tissues. Aloe gel contains 96% of water, which keeps the skin hydrated and prevent moisture loss. It also has over 200 healing phyto nutrients, choline, niacinamide and another 18 amino acids that can solve any skin problem including aging.
7. Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles with Coconut Oil
How to use coconut oil as an anti wrinkle treatment?
- Before going to bed, every night, massage few drops of organic coconut oil onto the wrinkled skin on the forehead. Continue massaging until the skin absorbs it all. Leave it on overnight and wash the face next morning.
- In a bowl, take a tsp each of coconut oil and milk. Add 1-2 tsp of egg white and mix all the ingredients nicely. Apply it evenly on the forehead wrinkles and allow the mixture to dry naturally on the skin. Remove with fresh water. Repeat thrice in a week to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
- Alternatively, mix together a tsp each of coconut oil and cucumber juice. Add some fresh aloe vera gel as well. Apply the resultant mixture on the wrinkled skin on the forehead and massage until it get absorbed in the skin completely. Repeat the entire procedure twice daily.
Why this works?
Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer for our skin. It moisturizes the skin wonderfully, softens the skin, heals the dryness and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and lines. The oil has anti oxidant properties as well that can prevent the free radicals from doing any damage to the skin and cause wrinkles. Coconut oil can boost the collagen production in our skin, thanks to the presence of vitamin A and E. Collagen, as we already know, is an essential protein to maintain the natural elasticity and smoothness of the skin. Not only boosting collagen production, but coconut oil also stimulates the formation of new skin cells and repair the skin’s connective tissues to prevent saggy skin and wrinkles. The medium chain fatty acid, lauric acid, can be found in coconut oil. It has the ability to repair damaged skin as well as protect the skin from UV damage.
8. Try Avocado to Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles
How to lighten forehead wrinkles with avocado?
- Mash one ripe avocado with the help of a fork. Take about a tsp of mashed avocado and add few drops of honey to that. Mix well so that there is no lumps left on it. Apply that on the forehead and massage from downward to upward motion. Continue massaging for 5 minutes. Let it stay on the skin for 20-30 minutes and wash off using fresh, cool water. Repeat every day.
- Alternatively, you can add some uncooked oatmeal to two tsp of mashed avocado and mix together. Spread it on the forehead wrinkles and massage from downward to upward motion. Keep it on the skin for another few minutes and wash fresh, cool water to rinse off. Repeat twice or thrice in a week to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
- Add some plain, fresh yogurt and a tsp of wheatgrass juice to a tsp of mashed avocado. Mix together. Apply the paste on the affected parts of the face, massage a little and wait for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with fresh water, repeat every alternate day for faster results.
Why this works?
Avocado is one of the most powerful home remedies to get rid of forehead wrinkles due to its rich content of vitamins B,C, E, K, selenium, potassium, zinc, folate and beta carotene. The healthy fats present in avocado help to replenish the skin and restore its youthfulness and suppleness. The high amount of vitamin E in avocado protects the skin from UV damage, neutralizes the free radicals and enhances the softness and smoothness of our skin and prevents wrinkles formation. Moreover, avocado contains a component known as ‘chlorophyll’ which has anti inflammatory benefits. Avocado is high in water, which further ensures that our skin doesn’t have to suffer from water loss. The anti oxidants and amino acids present in avocado aid in toxin removal from the skin and prevent the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
9. Try Olive Oil as Anti Wrinkle Remedy
How to get rid of forehead wrinkles with olive oil?
- Mix together few drops each of olive oil, honey and glycerin. Apply it on to the forehead wrinkles and massage gently in downward to upward motion. Continue massaging for 5-8 minutes. After that, wait for another 10-15 minutes and then, wipe it off the skin. Repeat at least once daily.
- Add a tsp of olive oil to equal amount of pineapple juice. Massage it on the forehead skin for 5-6 minutes. Let it stay on the skin for next few minutes and wash off with fresh water. Apply regularly to smoothen out the wrinkled skin.
- Take a tsp of olive oil and add 2-3 drops of rose essential oil to that. Mix both the oils together and apply it on the forehead wrinkles. Massage nicely for 5-8 minutes in downward to upward motion. Leave it on the skin overnight. Wash off with plain water the next morning. Repeat this application daily.
Why this works?
Olive oil has wonderful moisturizing properties for our skin, thanks to the presence of vitamin A and E. It can penetrate the skin deep and reach the deeper layers to provide nourishment and moisturization and repair the damage. With the high amount of nutrients present in it, olive oil is very effective in regenerating skin cells and thus, replace the damaged skin with healthier and fresher skin. Olive oil has polyphenols and oleic acid in it which has anti aging properties. The ‘squalene’ in olive oil restore lost moisture to the skin and its mono-unsaturated fatty acids along with vitamin B and D, prevent future wrinkle formation.
10. Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles with Honey
How to remove forehead wrinkles with honey?
- Combine a tsp of cooked oatmeal to some honey and apply the mask on the forehead. Massage a little and let it sit on the face for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with luke warm water. Repeat every alternate day.
- Take a tbsp of honey and add some coconut milk to that. Apply the mixture on the forehead wrinkles and massage. Keep it on the skin for 15-20 minutes and wash off. Repeat every night before going to bed.
- Wash your face with luke warm water to open up the pores. Apply a thin layer of ‘manuka’ honey on forehead as well as entire face. Wait for 10 minutes and wash off. Repeat daily.
Why this works?
Honey has amazing moisturizing properties. Plus it is a natural humectant. As a result, honey moisturizs the skin and prevents moisture loss. It has anti oxidant properties as well which help significantly with anti aging. Honey is loaded with nutrients which nourish the skin deeply and repair the damage and remove wrinkles and lines.
These were 10 best remedies to get rid of forehead wrinkles. Hope you liked the article, stay tuned for more 🙂