How to get rid of Acne or Pimples Fast – Effective Home Remedy – Acne is a common yet probably the most dreaded skin problem. If acne is giving you nightmares and you are desperately looking for solutions, then your search may end here. We have come up with this article on How to get rid of Acne or Pimples Fast just for you. Though considered as a skin problem, but in reality acne is much more than that. It can cause physical pain, psychological problem, low self esteem, poor self-image as well as leave behind ugly scars that take forever to fade away. When it comes to how to get rid of acne, home remedies are most effective and trustworthy. These natural remedies on how to get rid of acne can fix the problem from the root, instead of drying them up on the surface. So read on to find out How to get rid of acne with home remedies.
Check – This is How I use Baking Soda to Get Rid of Pimples
Acne can cause due to various factors. Lets first check out some of the common factors that can trigger acne breakout and then we will find out solutions on how to get rid of acne using natural remedies.
What is Acne
Before knowing how to get rid of acne, lets first check out what is acne. Almost everyone, be it male or female, suffer from acne and pimples at some point of their life and that’s why it is known as “Common Acne”. Acne starts when the oil from skin’s sebaceous glands clog the tiny opening for hair follicles or the pores. If the pores are large, it takes the form of blackheads and when the pores are slightly small, they take the form of whiteheads. If not addressed on time, both blackheads and whiteheads can develop into pimples and acne.
Though acne is more common during adolescence, but adults also suffer from this problem. Normally, acne starts during puberty, between the ages of 10 and 13. Teenage acne lasts for usually 5-10 years and starts to go off when one enters into their 20s. However, many women suffer from mild to moderate acne in their 30s, 40s as well as 50s. For men, teenage boys tend to suffer from acne the most but it goes away once the teenage years are passed.
Check – BORO PLUS Zero Oil Zero Pimple Duo Face Wash
Acne is most common on the face, but one can also suffer from neck, chest, shoulders, upper arms as well as back acne.
Symptoms of Acne
- Blackheads (closed plugged pores)
- Whiteheads (open plugged pores)
- Papules (small red bumps)
- Pimples (small red bumps with pus at the tips)
- Nodules (large and solid lumps beneath the surface of the skin, painful)
- Cystic Acne (pus filled, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin)
Causes of Acne
There are normally four factors that causes acne. They are –
- Excess oil production by the sebaceous glands
- Hair follicles blocked by oil dirt and dead skin cells
- Over active Androgen (hormone)
Things that can worsen an acne breakout
Stress – Stress actually worsens everything, including acne. When we are stressed, our adrenal gland secrets a hormone known as cortisol to help our body deal with the stress. And a little bit of testosterone leaks out with it, which is actually a male hormone. In a woman’s body, this male hormone actually causes excess oil production which is basically the root cause of acne.
Check – GM Diet Plan & Is it Help in Losing Weight and How to Use
Hormones – Androgen is a type of hormone that gets increased in amount in the boys and girls during their puberty which, in turn, cause the sebaceous gland to enlarge and produce more sebum. Change of hormonal activities during pregnancy or taking contraceptive pills can also force our sebaceous glands to produce more sebum.
Diet – Researches have showed that regular intake of certain foods, like skim milk and carbohydrate rich foods, such as bread, chips and bagels can worsen the breakout.
Over Cleansing – In an aim to keep our face oil free, clean and clear, we often make the mistake of over cleansing. Over washing actually can worsen the acne, because washing your face more than twice a day actually dry it out and then the sebaceous glands produce more oil to compensate and you can well understand the consequence.
How to get rid of Acne with Home Remedies
So this was about what is acne and the factors that trigger or worsen acne. Now lets move on to How to get rid of Acne or Pimples Fast using effective home remedies.
1. How to cure Acne using Clove Oil
Why to use clove oil as home remedies for acne
Lets start our list on how to get rid of acne using home remedies with clove oil. Clove oil has powerful anti septic, anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce acne in a natural way. This oil is very high in manganese and other nutrients such as calcium, potassium and magnesium. Clove oil is very effective in treating acne symptoms. It has strong burning and purifying properties. Some people use it in its pure form as a treatment for acne and pimple. But this should not be done. It should always be mixed with carrier oils like jojoba oil, olive oil or coconut oil before using on the skin. Below you can find out how to get rid of acne fast using clove oil.
How to get rid of acne fast with clove oil
- Check out how to get rid of a pimple using clove oil. Mix 2-3 drops of clove oil with your regular skin cream or lotion and apply it to the affected areas. Regular application will help to reduce the appearance of acne. This is one of the easiest home remedies for acne.
- Here is another tips on how to get rid of acne using clove oil. Mix 1-2 drops of clove oil with 10-12 drops of pure coconut oil. Dab some of this oil mixture onto a cotton ball and apply onto your acne and pimples. Leave for couple of minutes and then wash off with plain water. This remedy not only reduces acne and pimples, but also improves your complexion.
- If you have oily skin, mix clove oil with your face pack and use it on your pimples and acne. Clove oil contains a substance known as ‘eugenol’ which has strong anti bacterial properties.
2. Use Peppermint Oil to get rid of Acne
Why to use peppermint oil to get rid of acne
Next comes peppermint oil on our list of how to get rid of acne with natural remedies. Peppermint oil actually works in three ways to reduce acne – it soothes the irritated skin, prevents the bacterial growth that causes acne and also reduces the oil production of the skin. One of the main causes of acne is clogged pores. The dead skin cells get trapped inside the clogged pores along with the bacteria present on the surface of the skin. The bacteria, inside the clogged pores causes acne as well as pimples. Peppermint oil unclogs the pores and its anti microbial properties prevent bacterial growth inside the pores. Also, the natural cooling properties of peppermint oil help to reduce the acne inflammation and soothe the irritation. Check out how to get rid of acne fast using peppermint oil below.
How to get rid of pimples using peppermint oil
- Add peppermint oil to your regular face wash, toner or moisturizer and use them just the way you do.
- You can also mix a few drops of peppermint oil with grapeseed or jojoba oil and then massage it on the affected areas. Do this home remedies for acne regularly.
3. How to get rid of Acne with Rose Water
Why to use rose water as home remedies for acne
Next on our list of tips on how to get rid of acne using natural remedies is rose water. Rose water has antiseptic and also antimicrobial properties that are extremely beneficial to treat acne. In fact, rose water is considered as one of the gentlest remedies for acne and it can be used on all skin types including sensitive skin. Rose water has some amount of rose oil present in it. And this rose oil can stimulate the activity of keratinocytes. Keratinocytes release certain inflammatory chemicals that kills the germs and also unhealthy skin cells which also helps to treat acne. Lets check out how to get rid of a pimple using rose water below.
Check – 7 Different Uses of Rose Water for Skin and Hair
How to get rid of acne fast using Rose Water
- Mix about 300 ml of rose water with 2 ml each of hazelnut essential oil, tea tree oil and sweet fennel oil. Store this in a glass bottle. Take some liquid on cotton pad and apply all over the face like face toner thrice a day.
- Here is another tips on how to get rid of pimples using rose water. Take half of a fresh cucumber and put it in a blender. Take out the cucumber pulp and add 2 tbsp honey with it and mix well. The paste should be smooth. Add rose water to it and give it a good mix. Apply the pack evenly on skin and let it dry. Wash off.
- This is another tips on how to get rid of a pimple easily. Mix 1 tbsp rose water with 1 tbsp lemon juice. Apply the liquid mix on the affected areas. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off. This is one of the easiest home remedies for acne.
4. Treat Acne with Aspirin
Why to use aspirin to treat pimples
Number four on our list of tips on how to get rid of acne is aspirin. Salicylic acid is one of the most popular treatment for acne. And Aspirin contains salicylic acid. Salicylic acid helps to exfoliate the skin and get rid of unhealthy, damaged skin cells. Aspirin is one of the cheapest, easy as well as effective remedy for acne and pimples. Lets find out how to get rid of acne using Aspirin.
How to get rid of acne using Aspirin
- Make an Aspirin face mask by crushing 10 un-coated Aspirin tablets and mix the powder with enough water to get a paste. Apply it on the acne affected areas and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Follow it up with a moisturizer. Use it only once a week as it may dry out the skin. This is one of the best home remedies for acne.
- Here is a great tips on how to get rid of acne overnight. Take 5-6 Aspirin tablets and crush them to make fine powder. Add 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice to it and let the powder soak the lemon juice. If you have dry skin, add 1 tbsp warm honey or coconut oil to the Aspirin paste. If your skin is oily, add some more lemon juice. For combination skin, add an egg white. Mix well together. Apply this paste as a mask on your face or you can also use it as an overnight spot treatment for acne. Let it dry. Wash off. And then apply a good moisturizer.
- Check out one more home remedies for acne using aspirin. Take 1-2 un-coated aspirin tablets and powder them. Mix some water to make a paste. Add 1 tbsp each of honey as well as aloe vera gel to it. Mix well all the ingredients. Apply a thin layer of that Aspirin paste on the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash off and apply a moisturizer to prevent dryness.
5. Aloe Vera provides Relief from Acne or Pimples
Why to use aloe vera as home remedies for acne
Aloe vera is one of the best tips on how to get rid of acne. Aloe vera gel has powerful anti inflammatory as well as anti bacterial properties that helps to bring down the redness of acne. The soothing properties of aloe vera helps to calm down the skin irritation associated with acne. The astringent properties of aloe vera helps to remove excess oil from the skin which in turn prevent acne and pimples. Read on to know how to get rid of acne fast using aloe vera.
How to get rid of a pimple using aloe vera
- Check out how to get rid of acne overnight using aloe vera. Take one tbsp of aloe vera gel and mix it with half tbsp of turmeric and few drops of rose essential oil. Mix all of them together and apply on face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then wash off. Repeat this thrice a week to get acne free, clear skin quickly.
- Another easy tips on how to get rid of pimples. In a bowl take 2 tbsp aloe vera gel. In a separate bowl, take some milk and add a tbsp sugar to that. Mix until the sugar completely dissolves. Add that aloe vera gel to the milk and mix everything nicely. Now apply this anti acne mask on the face and wait for 20 minutes. Rinse with luke warm water. Repeat this treatment daily to get rid of acne.
6. Use Honey to treat Pimples
Why to use honey to treat pimple
Honey is a natural anti septic that prevents the growth of the bacteria in our pores by releasing low levels of hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide disinfects our skin. The anti inflammatory properties of honey prevent the swelling as well as redness that come from acne. Check out below how to get rid of acne fast with honey.
How to get rid of acne using honey
- Here is an excellent tip on how to get rid of acne with the help of honey. Prepare a bowl of oatmeal as per the direction given on the packaging. While it is still hot, add 2 tbsp of raw honey to it. Keep the bowl aside and wait till it reaches room temperature. Apply it on the face and wait for 30 minutes. When it starts to get dry, wash off with warm water.
- If you want to know how to get rid of acne and acne marks with just one face mask, try the following tip. Mix 1 tbsp each of low-fat yogurt as well as organic honey and prepare a face mask. Apply it all over the face. Let it dry and add another layer. Wait for another 15 minutes. Use a washcloth to gently scrub the skin while you wash off the mask.
7. How to get rid of Acne with Neem
Why to use neem to treat acne
Here comes another amazing tips on how to get rid of acne using natural remedies. Neem is the ultimate and the safest remedy for acne and pimple. It has powerful antiseptic, anti fungal, antioxidant, astringent as well as anti-inflammatory properties that fights off acne effectively. Moreover, neem is very useful in controlling the oiliness as well as dryness of the skin. It actually restores the normal pH level of the skin which is very important to prevent acne breakout. Below we have discussed how to get rid of acne using neem face packs.
Check – 15 Top Benefits of Neem Leaves for Skin, Hair and Health
How to get rid of acne with neem
- Mix 2 tbsp of multani mitti, a tsp of neem powder, few drops of lemon juice and also rose water to prepare a smooth paste. Apply the face pack onto the face, let it dry and then, wash off with cool water.
- Take a handful of neem leaves and boil them in water. Remove from heat and let it cool down. Take out the leaves and mix some sandalwood powder with the neem water and prepare a thin paste. Apply this evenly on the face and let it dry naturally. Wash off with normal water. Those were couple of most effective tips on how to get rid of acne using neem.
8. How to get rid of Acne using Tea Tree Oil
Why to use tea tree oil to treat acne
One simply cannot miss out tea tree oil while discussing how to get rid of acne using natural home remedies. Tea tree oil has amazing antiseptic properties and that’s why it is one of the most recommended tips on how to get rid of acne fast with natural treatment. Various researches have shown that tea tree oil is as effective as commercially used benzoyl peroxide to get rid of acne. The anti bacterial as well as anti microbial properties of tea tree oil fight off the acne causing bacteria. It can also unblock the clogged pores and disinfect them. Now check out how to get rid of acne using tea tree oil.
How to use tea tree oil to treat acne
- Mix together 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with a tsp of coconut oil or almond oil. Apply this oil blend directly onto the affected parts and leave it on for few hours. Wash off with lukewarm water and follow up with a moisturizer. One should repeat this twice daily until the acne bids adieu.
- Combine together 4-5 drops of tea tree oil and 1-2 tsp of lemon juice. Apply this mixture onto the acne affected areas and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse off with luke warm water and then finish off with a splash of cold water.
9. Cure Acne by using Green Tea
Why to use green tea to cure acne
Green tea is another excellent natural remedy to get rid of acne and pimples. Green tea contains ‘catechins’ that have anti microbial properties. They help to destroy the acne causing bacteria. The natural anti inflammatory properties of green tea brings down the swelling and redness that are associated with acne. Furthermore, the powerful antioxidants in green tea fight off the free radicals and protect our skin cells. Moreover, green tea is an excellent toner for our skin which has the ability to unclog pores and also keep them clean and clear to avoid acne and pimples. Check out below how to get rid of acne using green tea.
How to get rid of acne using green tea
Brew some green tea using 2 tea bags and then let it cool completely. Add a tbsp of aloe vera gel and mix both the ingredients to get a thin lotion like consistency. Now wash your face and pat dry. Apply this green tea-aloe vera mixture with a cotton pad and then let it dry completely. Follow up with a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Do this twice a day to cure the acne as well as pimples.
10. How to get rid of a pimple with Multani Mitti
Why to use multani mitti to treat pimples
We are going to conclude this list of natural tips on how to get rid of pimples with multani mitti. It is one of the most popular home remedies for acne and pimples. Multani mitti also contains a high amount of magnesium chloride which is very effective in preventing acne and also pimples. It also helps to control excess oil secretion by the oil gland. Plus its clarifying properties can keep the skin clean and clear. Moreover, multani mitti is a great exfoliator that removes dead skin cells as well as unblocks the clogged pores.
Check – Say Bye to Dark Circles with Help of Multani Mitti
How to cure pimples with multani mitti
In a bowl, mix together 2 tbsp multani mitti, 1 tbsp turmeric powder and also some honey to get a smooth paste. Apply this all over the face and wait till it gets dry. Wash off with lukewarm water and follow this remedy 2-3 times in a week to treat acne and pimples fast.
So these were some of the most effective natural tips on how to get rid of acne and pimples fast with the help of home remedies. I hope you found this post helpful. Thanks for reading and do share your feedback below 🙂