How to Get Flawless Skin with Simple Natural Remedies – Not everyone is born with crystal clear, glowing skin. But that doesn’t mean we cannot achieve that skin of our dream! And you don’t need to go for expensive salon treatments or facials and all for that. You can get your desired skin at home, using few simple ingredients that can be found in the kitchen. Here in this article, we will talk you through some of the best natural remedies for flawless skin. Acne, sun tan, blemishes, pigmentation, dry skin, dull skin etc are the most common types of skin problems that we encounter over time. The best part about using natural ingredients for skin care is that more often than not, they can help treating not one, but multiple skin problems. Find out below the best natural remedies for flawless skin.
Check – Besan for Skin Care
How to Get Flawless Skin Naturally
1. Get Flawless Skin with Coconut Water
How Coconut Water is Beneficial to Our Skin?
Coconut water has wonderful natural moisturizing properties for our skin. It works on all skin types. Being lightweight, it is effective for those with oily and acne prone skin. Coconut water provides a boost of hydration and moisturization to the skin cells, thus reducing dryness.
Coconut water is rich in potassium, which makes it a great natural treatment for dry, dehydrated skin. Potassium is a vital mineral for our skin. It helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin both internally as well as externally. Any deficiency of this mineral can cause dry skin. Along with this, potassium supports new skin cells production, which helps rejuvenating dry, dull skin. Potassium is also beneficial to balance the pH level of the skin. This, in turn regularize the sebum production and reduces the chances of acne and blemishes.
Coconut water has anti aging benefits for our skin. It contains cytokines, a plant based hormone that has the ability to promote healthy cell growth. This in turn, helps to diminish the aging signs, such as wrinkles and fine lines. Cytokines, by boosting skin cells growth, helps in lightening skin pigmentation, and brightening skin tone.
Besides, coconut water contains a good amount of vitamin C, that removes toxins from the skin and prevents skin discoloration. Also vitamin C can reduce melanin production in the skin, thus making our skin tone lighter and even toned.
Rich in various nutrients, coconut water can improve blood circulation in the skin, which also results in glowing and clear skin. The wonderful moisturizing benefits of coconut water further keeps our skin hydrated, soft and fresh.
Dry skin, as we know, is more prone to premature aging. Coconut water, with its moisturizing benefits, helps to keep dryness away, thus preventing untimely aging of skin.
Coconut water comes with anti bacterial as well as anti inflammatory properties, that work together to reduce acne. Also, it has great skin cleansing properties. It can remove the dirt and impurities from the pores, thus deeply cleansing the skin and reducing the chances of breakouts.
How to Use Coconut Water to Get Flawless Skin Naturally?
- Take some fresh coconut water and massage it all over the face and neck for some time. Leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. After that, wash it off with plain water. Repeat daily to get healthy and clear skin. This is the easiest way to use coconut water to get flawless skin naturally.
- Take a tbsp pure aloe vera gel and some fresh coconut water in a bowl. Mix them together. Massage the mixture on to the face as well as neck with your fingertips for some time. Let it stay on the skin for another 15-20 minutes and after that wash off with plain water. Reapply this face pack twice weekly to get flawless skin naturally.
- Mix together some fresh coconut water and rose water. Soak a cotton ball in it and and wipe your face with the same. Wait for 15-20 minutes and then splash some fresh water onto your face. Do this every day.
- Take 2 tbsp fresh yogurt and 1 tbsp coconut water and mix them together. Apply the resultant mixture all over the face as well as neck and massage with your fingertips for some time. Leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes and then wash off. Reapply once or twice in a week to get naturally flawless skin.
2. Use Papaya to Get Flawless Skin
How Papaya is Beneficial for Our Skin?
Papaya is a source of several powerful enzymes that are highly beneficial for our skin. The secret beauty nutrient in papaya is papain. It is a protein dissolving enzyme, which has skin lightening properties. Papain exfoliates the skin and removes the impurities and dead skin cells. Through exfoliation, it helps in skin cells regeneration, thus reducing marks, scars etc and brightening the skin tone.
Papain helps to improve our skin texture with faster cell turnover rate. The anti inflammatory properties of papain help to fight off acne, rosacea as well as eczema.
Papaya is a great source of AHAs. The AHAs, together with the papain enzyme, provide great exfoliation for our skin and dissolve the inactive protein and dead skin cells. This in turn, helps to get glowing skin. Papaya contains lycopene, an anti oxidant. It protects our skin against the free radicals as well as UV damage.
The high amount of beta carotene in papaya also helps in boosting skin cell regeneration and makes the skin healthy, even toned and glowing. Papaya is rich in various vitamins and minerals. It comes with vitamin A, which helps to heal dry and flaky skin. Papaya contains potassium, a vital mineral for hydrating and moisturizing dry skin.
Vitamin A makes our skin even toned by reducing the appearance of acne scars and dark spots. It also helps to get rid of premature aging signs. Papaya is a great source of vitamin C as well. Vitamin C comes with anti oxidant benefits that fight off the free radicals and keeps the skin healthy. These free radicals are responsible for acne, dry skin as well as dull skin.
Vitamin C also comes with great skin lightening benefits. It eliminates the impurities from the skin and promotes new cell growth, that helps to get brighter and glowing complexion. Plus it can also reduce melanin production in the skin, that further helps to get clear complexion. Vitamin C helps to hydrate our skin as well, thus reducing dryness.
How to Use Papaya to Get Flawless Skin Naturally?
- Cut few papaya cubes from a fresh and ripe papaya and put them in a blender. Blend until it turns into a smooth paste. Take it out. Alternatively, you can use a fork to mash the papaya cubes and prepare papaya pulp. Massage it gently all over the face and neck with your fingertips. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and finally rinse off with fresh water. Repeat every alternate day to get flawless skin.
- Put a cup of fresh papaya cubes in a blender and prepare papaya pulp. Take out and add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil to it. Mix together and prepare a smooth paste. Gently massage it on to the face as well as neck. Keep it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Reapply this remedy to get flawless skin naturally 2-3 times in a week.
- Cut few fresh and ripe papaya cubes and put them in a blender. Add some milk there and blend together to prepare the face pack. Take it out and gently massage it all over the face as well as neck with your fingertips for few minutes. Leave the face pack on the skin for another 10-15 minutes. Wash off using fresh water. Reapply this face pack twice or thrice weekly.
- Take a cup of papaya cubes and blend them to prepare papaya pulp. Take out and add 2 tsp raw honey to it. Mix together and apply the resultant mixture all over the face as well as neck. Massage gently for some time and then wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Repeat 2-3 times every week.
3. Get Flawless Skin with Oats
How Oats are Beneficial to Our Skin?
Oats are a great natural scrub for our skin, thanks to their slightly coarse texture. But they are extremely gentle on the skin and the best part is that, they suit all skin types, including sensitive skin. In addition, oats contains ‘saponin’, which comes with deep cleansing abilities. When used topically, oats help to remove deep rooted dirt and impurities from the skin and improves skin texture.
Through exfoliation, oats help to unclog the pores and thus, reducing breakouts to a good extent. Along with this, the anti inflammatory benefits of oats play an active role in healing inflamed and irritated skin. Also, the anti microbial and anti oxidant properties of oats also help to cure acne, and give us flawless skin.
Oats are known for great absorbing properties, which make it a wonderful natural ingredient for oily skin. When used on the skin topically, oats can soak up the excess oil from the skin surface, thus preventing clogged pores, acne and many other common skin problems for oily skin.
Oats work extremely well for dry skin as well, because along with exfoliation, oats moisturize the skin wonderfully. It contains healthy fats that help with moisturization, while the polysaccharides in oatmeal create a protective layer on the skin and prevent moisture loss. This way, oats deep cleanses the skin while also keeping it moisturized and hydrated.
Oats can protect the skin from dryness caused by sun damage, with its anti inflammatory properties. Zinc is a very important mineral for our skin. Any deficiency of the same can cause dry skin. Oatmeal, being a good source of zinc, helps to fulfill the deficiency and prevent skin dryness.
Oatmeal contains a good amount of vitamin E, which is an anti oxidant. Vitamin E helps to heal dry skin by replenishing the skin with lost moisture. Further, being an anti oxidant, vitamin E can protect the skin from free radicals and environmental factors (UV rays), both of which can cause dry skin. Oatmeal is a good source of B vitamins, such as vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, as well as folate. B vitamins are known to boost cell regeneration process and repair dry and damaged skin.
Oats come with wonderful skin lightening properties. Through exfoliation, it helps to lighten pigmentation and makes the skin even-toned. Also, the amino acids in oatmeal help to lighten skin discoloration. Vitamin B1 in oats boosts blood circulation in the skin and helps to improve our complexion. Vitamin E, which is found aplenty in oats, is also known for its skin de-pigmentation properties.
How to Use Oats to Get Flawless Skin Naturally?
- Grind 2 tbsp oats to prepare oatmeal powder. Take it out and add some rose water to it. Mix together to prepare the face pack. Apply it all over the face and neck and massage your skin gently with your fingertips. Leave the face pack on for about 10-15 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Repeat twice in a week.
- Grind some uncooked, raw oats to prepare oatmeal powder. Take a tbsp oatmeal powder in a bowl and to that, add some pure aloe vera gel. Mix together and apply it all over the face as well as. Massage with your fingertips for some time and then wait for 15-20 minutes before washing off with plain water. Repeat the entire process once in every 2-3 days to get flawless skin naturally.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of oats powder in a bowl and add two tbsp raw honey. Mix the ingredients together and apply the resultant mixture on the face and neck and gently massage for few minutes. Wait for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with plain water. Repeat this exfoliating face mask to get flawless skin twice or thrice in a week.
- Grind 2 tbsp of uncooked oats into a fine powder. Collect the powder in a bowl and prepare a coarse paste by adding required amount of raw milk to that. Massage it onto the face and neck gently for few minutes using your finger tips to exfoliate. Leave it on the skin for another 15-20 minutes before washing it off with plain water. Reapply this homemade scrub twice or thrice in a week to get naturally flawless skin.
4. Use Turmeric to Get Flawless Skin
How Turmeric is Beneficial for Our Skin?
Turmeric has been used since ages for skin lightening and brightening. It is a great source of curcumin, a powerful anti oxidant as well as anti inflammatory agent. Curcumin, the secret beauty ingredient of turmeric, helps with skin cell regeneration. Plus, turmeric contains vitamin B6 that also helps with faster regeneration of skin cells. As a result the new cells replace the damaged cells and skin becomes softer, clearer and brighter. We know melanin build up makes our skin look dark and patchy. Curcumin can reduce melanin synthesis and lighten our skin tone naturally.
Being enriched with anti bacterial, anti septic and anti inflammatory properties, turmeric work wonders for acne prone skin. When we use turmeric powder on the face, it provides mild exfoliation benefits as well. It helps in unclogging pores and removing the impurities as well as excess oil from the face. This way, it reduces the chances of breakouts. With its anti septic, anti oxidant as well as exfoliating benefits, turmeric helps to fade away stubborn acne scars as well.
Turmeric is extremely beneficial to protect the skin from sun damage. UV radiation increases the production of MMP-2, an enzyme that decreases the collagen content between the outer and middle layer of the skin. As a result, our skin can suffer from wrinkles, thick skin, loss of elasticity, etc. Turmeric can inhibit the increase of that enzyme and protects skin from the harmful affects of UV exposure.
Turmeric works great for extremely oily skin. The extra oil on our skin is the result of underlying dehydration, which forces the sebaceous glands to produce excess oil. That excess oil gets deposited on the skin surface. Not only turmeric can absorb the excess oil, but it can also calm down the over-active sebaceous glands by providing the skin with required moisturization through its fatty acids and phytosterols contents.
Not only for oily skin, turmeric works well for dry skin as well. Turmeric contains calcium, a vital mineral for our skin. The uppermost layer of our skin consists of a large amount of calcium and any deficiency of this mineral can make the skin dry and flaky. The calcium content of turmeric helps to heal dry skin effectively. Also, this herb is a source of potassium, another important mineral to hydrate and moisturize dry skin.
Turmeric comes with great anti aging benefits. It contains vitamin C which helps with boosting collagen production in the skin and maintain skin’s natural elasticity. This in turn, makes skin less susceptible to aging signs such as wrinkles, lines etc. Turmeric contains magnesium, a crucial mineral for our skin that helps to slow down the aging process of the skin.
How to Use Turmeric to Get Flawless Skin Naturally?
- Take 1-2 tsp of turmeric powder and add required amount of raw milk to that. Mix together and prepare a paste. Apply it on to the face as well as neck and massage gently for few minutes with your fingertips. Let it stay on the skin for another 10-15 minutes and then wash off with plain water. Reapply this face pack 2-3 times in a week.
- Cut one tomato in half and grate both the halves. Extract the juice from the grated tomato and collect it in a bowl. Add a generous pinch of turmeric powder and mix together. Apply it onto the face and neck. Keep it on the skin for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Reapply this face pack twice or thrice in a week to get flawless skin naturally.
- Take a generous pinch of turmeric powder and mix it with some coconut oil. Make a paste and apply it all over the face as well as neck, gently massaging with your fingertips for some time. Let it stay on the skin for another 10-15 minutes. After that, wash off with plain water. Repeat the entire process twice or thrice weekly.
- Mix together some rose water and a generous pinch of turmeric powder and prepare a paste. Apply the paste all over the face and neck and gently massage for some time with your fingertips. Let it stay on the skin for 10-15 minutes before washing off using plain water. Reapply this face mask to get flawless skin twice or thrice in a week.
These were few simple yet effective ways to achieve flawless skin using natural remedies. These natural remedies are safer than any commercially available options, and the best part is that you can customize the ingredients as per your skin’s requirement. Hope you liked the article, don’t forget to share your feedback with us in the comment section.