If you like to flaunt beautiful feet in smart sandals, wedges and foot pumps, this article is for you. No doubt that you can always visit a parlour and get a pedicure done but that calls for a lot of time, which most of us do not have!! Also, there are plenty of pedicure kits available out there in the markets. In fact, I have myself used a kit from VLCC but then I realized the same results can be obtained by using ingredients that are readily available right at your home. Once, I tried a pedicure at home, making use of all 🙂 So let’s check How to do Pedicure at Home Using Natural Ingredients.
Check – How to do Foot Pedicure at Home
Natural ingredients and since then, I have not spent a single, extra penny on my pedicure sessions at salons. Would you like to read more? Well, go on and read more, below!!
Steps for an all natural pedicure session at home
- First things first, you need to remove all traces of old nail paint using any nail paint remover of your choice. After removing nail paint, use a cuticle softener on your toe nails. Alternatively, you may use warm olive oil.
- Start your pedicure by soaking your feet in a tub full of warm water. Adding sea salt is optional, you may do it if, you want to relax your foot muscles.
- You may also add a shower gel or shampoo to your foot soaking water in order to clean the deposits of dirt and grime accumulated on your feet. A few drops of essential oils can be added to add to the aroma and moisturize your feet. Adding essential oils is optional and not something that is a must. If you want, add a couple of drops of Rose oil Or tea tree oil. Tea tree oil helps in getting rid of fungal infection between toes, too.
- If you like, you can add raw milk to your foot soak. Milk enzymes and lactic acid help to soften the layer of dead skin and callus on your feet and thus makes it easier for you get rid of these.
- Soak your feet for nearly 15 minutes and then use a foot file to rub away the dead skin on the soles of your feet.
- Apply a natural fruit peel on your feet. This can be prepared by mixing equal quantities of Orange juice, lemon juice and pineapple juice. To add some body to this mix and prevent it from dripping, add some besan/ Gram flour to the mix. Gram flour binds the juices together and also helps in exfoliation. Apply this peeling paste on your feet for 10 to 15 minutes, till it dries. Now, take some warm water in your palms and rub off all the peeling paste. Pat feet dry.
- Peeling powder helps in easy exfoliation in the subsequent scrubbing and also takes care of tanning on feet to a good extent.
- Next comes scrubbing. You can make your own scrub by adding some coconut oil or olive oil to coffee granules. Use this scrub on top of your feet and then pat dry to reveal beautiful and clean looking feet.
- Use a pedicure nail kit to cut, shape and file your nails.
Last but not the least, apply a nourishing foot cream to hydrate your feet and ofcourse,a nail polish of your choice. It is preferable to go for light shades on toe nails. However, if you like to flaunt bright colours, do apply a coat of clear polish beneath to avoid yellowing of nails. A top coat would make your nail polish last much longer.
So friends Hope you like this post 🙂
Good post for busy women 🙂 Lovely
Useful Post!! Peeling Paste Ingredients are so easily available at home ,,,Will try this!1
Great Post.. will definitely give it a go 🙂
I love doing pedi and meni at home and this was the awsome post for me, thanks for sharing hun 🙂
I have bad tan on my feet. will have to try the peel u suggested 🙂