Hey ladies, do you remember that old television advertisement for Krack Cream through which a tag line got famous that said, “chehre se maharani, pairo se naukrani” well, sounds a bit tacky but then, in a way it is true. Most of us regularly go for facials, cleanups and apply all sorts of expensive products on our face. We do follow a proper cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine each day for our face, then why not pay equal attention to our feet?
The problem of cracked heels often starts as a mild, ignorable one minor dryness/flakiness of skin on our heels. If allowed to go unchecked, it progresses to formation of hard calluses and development of cracks. Further ignored, there might develop deep fissures and bleeding along with pain and inflammation. There is also a relation between various health problems and cracked heels such as, diabetes, psoriasis etc. Fissures and cracks in heels are also susceptible to infections from bacteria and fungi. So, bring this problem under control before it grows into a major health challenge.Below are a few Home Remedy for Cracked Heels.
- At the end of each day, soak your feet in a tub of warm water containing some rock salt and tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is beneficial antibacterial and antifungal agent while salt helps in reducing swelling from feet. Instead of plain water, you can also use warm water in which some Neem leaves have been boiled as Neem is an excellent antimicrobial agent.
- After soaking, pat your feet dry and use a paste made out of Rice powder, honey, olive oil and apple cider vinegar to scrub your feet. After scrubbing, leave it on for 15 minutes or so. Wash off with plain water thereafter. Rice powder helps in gentle massage that encourages blood circulation. The granular texture of Rice powder helps to get rid of dead skin cells. Honey is a natural anti inflammatory and antibacterial agent. It also helps in softening of calluses. Olive oil soothes irritated skin and is also rich in antioxidants.
- Make a paste by crushing some Neem leaves. Add turmeric to this paste. Let it stay for nearly half an hour and then wash off.
- Massage your feet with a concoction made by melting some petroleum jelly and mixing it with coconut oil. After massaging, wrap your feet with a cling film this helps in trapping moisture better in your heels and promotes faster healing. After removing the plastic wrap, wear clean, cotton socks overnight.
- If you are not a fan if paraffin wax, you can make a paste by mixing equal quantities of Rose water and Glycerine. Rose water is anti inflammatory and antioxidant in nature while Glycerine is a great emollient.
- In case of pain and bleeding, you might need to apply some medicated ointments as advised by your dermatologist.
So friends, these are few easy Home Remedy for Cracked Heels. You have to follow these regularly in order to get the desired result. With patience and little effort, these home remedies will not only heal your cracked heels, but will make your feet beautiful 🙂