8 Best Home Remedies to Reduce Wrinkles on Face – Wrinkles are annoying, as they are signs of aging! And nobody wants to age. But do you know, wrinkles do not cause only because of aging, they can be a result of your hectic lifestyle and appear even in your mid 20’s. So, here we have put together the best home remedies to reduce wrinkles on face. If not treated on time, wrinkles can entirely ruin the look of our face and often, we are left with no other way out than to go for laser or botox treatments. These are super expensive and only lessen the appearance of the wrinkles. But nature has its own way to remove the wrinkles from deep and nourish the skin from within. Keep on reading this article on best home remedies to reduce wrinkles.
Check – 12 DIY Chocolate Face Mask Recipes to Try at Home
Before sharing the best home remedies to reduce wrinkles, let us first find out how the wrinkles are caused.
What is Wrinkle
Collagen and elastin are two components that keep our skin smooth and taut. But as we age, the collagen production starts to degrade and it also becomes almost beyond repair. Skin starts to lose its collagen and the effects become prominent on the top surface or the dermal layer of the skin. This is the time, when skin loses its natural elasticity and firmness, becomes thin and also starts to develop creases here and there. These creases are known as wrinkles.
Check – How to Remove Dark Circles Under Eyes
Wrinkles mostly appear on arms, neck as well as face. Commonly our forehead, the area around our mouth and the under-eye area are more prone to develop wrinkles, because the skin there is thinner and delicate.
Causes of Wrinkles
The main cause of wrinkles is ageing. We have already discussed above how ageing affects the collagen production and leads to wrinkle formation. However, ageing is not the only culprit. There are other factors as well which can cause untimely wrinkles and ruin the beauty of a face. They are –
- UV damage
- Free Radicals Activity
- Sudden and rapid weight loss
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Lack of nutrition
- Poor Skin care
Most Effective Home Remedies to Reduce Wrinkles on Face
The appearance of wrinkles is a biological process. And we cannot control that. But the actions we take can surely lessen the speed and also reduce the level of damage. So, lets find out the best home remedies to reduce wrinkles.
1. Use Rosehip Oil to Get Rid of Wrinkles
We are starting our list of home remedies to reduce wrinkles with rosehip oil. Oils have taken the beauty industry by storm. Rosehip oil is one such carrier oil which has particularly gained fame for its anti aging properties. Known as the ‘miracle anti-ageing oil’, this oil is rich in Vitamin A, vitamin E, anti oxidants and fatty acids which all work together to moisturize and then nourish the skin from within and remove the signs of aging, including wrinkles and fine lines. It can reach the deepest layers of the skin and then rejuvenate the skin from within. It is also known as ‘dry oil’, because of its ability to get absorbed fast without leaving behind any oily, heavy feeling. Regular use of rosehip oil is beneficial to make skin firm, fade scars and marks as well as boost the complexion.
How to use rosehip oil to treat ageing
- Take 3-4 drops of rosehip essential oil and then massage it all over the face. Continue massaging until it gets absorbed by the skin. Leave it on overnight. Repeat every night for best results.
- Alternatively, you can add few drops of rosehip oil to your regular moisturizer and mix together. Apply that on the face and then massage until it gets absorbed.
- Mix 1 ml rosehip carrier oil with few drops of vitamin E oil and then massage it on the face until gets absorbed. Repeat twice in a day to remove fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Reduce Wrinkles with Pineapple
Not only good for our health, but pineapple is great for our skin as well. Pineapple comes loaded with several vitamins like, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and C. It also contains minerals like potassium, manganese, copper along with folic acid, beta carotene, etc. All these nutrients in pineapple help in neutralizing the harmful effects of free radicals and then reduce oxidative stress on the skin cells. This in turn prevents premature aging of skin and also reduce wrinkles. Furthermore, pineapple contains bromelain, which is an active fruit enzyme. It helps in exfoliating our skin and unclog the pores. The presence of bromelain in pineapple helps to correct uneven skin tone, dark patches, age spots as well as hyper pigmentation.
Check – 5 Pineapple Face Masks Recipes
How to use pineapple in Home Remedies to Reduce Wrinkles
- Cut one pineapple into small pieces. Put few pineapple cubes in a blender and prepare a smooth pineapple pulp. Apply the pineapple pulp all over the face and neck and massage a little. Keep it on the skin for another 15-20 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Repeat once in a week.
- Put few fresh pineapple slices in a blender and prepare pineapple pulp. Add two tbsp coconut milk and blend again. Apply the resultant mixture on face and neck. Allow it to sit for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Reapply once in a week.
- Put few small cubes of fresh pineapple, 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and a tbsp organic honey in a blender. Blend together to form a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the face and neck and let it sit on the skin for 30 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Do this once in a week.
- Put few pineapple cubes in a blender. Also add one egg white and a tsp organic honey. Blend all the ingredients together to get a smooth paste. Apply the paste all over your face and neck. Let it dry naturally. Wash off with fresh cold water and repeat once in a week.
3. Egg White to Treat Wrinkles on Face
Egg white is one of the best home remedies to reduce wrinkles. It comes with anti inflammatory and anti oxidant compounds like riboflavin, which also helps in preventing cellular damage. Also it helps to heal the damaged skin cells effectively and then reduce aging signs like wrinkles and lines. Egg white, with its anti inflammatory properties, reduces inflammation, swelling, redness and irritation of the skin and also keeps the skin healthy. Egg white is one of the best sources of protein. The high amount of protein help in cell regeneration and boost collagen production. This helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and also make the skin plump and youthful once again. Egg white is particularly beneficial for oily skin types, because of its natural astringent properties. It helps in shrinking and unclogging pores and then reduce breakouts.
How to use egg white for wrinkles treatment
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and whisk it in a bowl. Add a tbsp fresh, plain yogurt and half tbsp powdered sugar to the whisked egg white. Mix all the ingredients and then apply the resultant mixture on the face and neck. Allow it to dry naturally. Rinse it off with fresh, cool water. Repeat once in a week.
- Make a mixture by combining two tsp lemon juice with some honey and one whisked egg white. Apply the mixture on your face and neck and keep it on for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with fresh, cool water. Reapply once in a week.
- Here is another great home remedies to reduce wrinkles using egg white. Whisk one egg white and add a tbsp of fuller’s earth to that. Also add some milk and mix all the three ingredients together to get a smooth, thick paste. Apply the face pack on the face and neck. Let it dry naturally. Wash off with plain water and then reapply at least once a week.
- Alternatively, whisk one egg white in a bowl. Put few cucumber cubes and a handful of fresh mint leaves in a blender to prepare a paste. Once done, add the whisked egg white and mix everything together. Apply this on the face and neck. Let it sit on the skin for 20-30 minutes. Use cold water to rinse it off. Reapply once in a week.
4. Coconut Oil Treatment to Remove Wrinkles
Next on our list of best home remedies to reduce wrinkles comes coconut oil. Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer for our skin. It moisturizes the skin from deep within and helps to repair wrinkles and fine lines. Furthermore, coconut oil is rich in anti oxidant properties that neutralize the free radicals and also prevent oxidative damage to our skin cells. Reducing oxidative damage helps to avoid premature aging signs, including lines and wrinkles. The anti inflammatory properties of coconut oil protect our skin from various damaging factors such as, sun damage, infections, smoking, pollution as well as skin diseases. Among these, many of the factors can contribute to early aging of the skin.
The natural emollient properties of coconut oil also keep the skin hydrated and elastic, making it less prone to wrinkles and lines. It also helps to eliminate the dead skin cells from the outer layer of our skin and then prevent wrinkle formation. Moreover, coconut oil can boost collagen and elastin production which are responsible for keeping the skin tight and elastic. The antiseptic fatty acids present in coconut oil, not only prevent fungal and bacterial infection, but also delay the appearance of wrinkles on the skin.
How to use coconut oil in home remedies to reduce wrinkles
- Clean your face and then apply few drops of coconut oil. Massage in circular motions for few minutes and let it stay on the skin overnight. Wash off the next morning. Repeat every night.
- Alternatively, mix together few drops of each coconut oil and castor oil and then massage this on your face. Leave it on overnight and wash off the next morning. Repeat everyday.
- Pierce couple of vitamin E capsules and pour the content in a bowl. Add few drops of coconut oil to that and mix together. Apply this all over the face and massage for few minutes. Leave it on the skin overnight. Do this daily.
- Combine a tbsp organic coconut oil and half tsp raw honey. Apply the resultant mixture all over the face. Massage for few minutes and then let it sit on the skin for an hour. Wash off with plain water and reapply once everyday.
5. Use Coffee to Get Rid of Wrinkles
Coffee is one of the best home remedies to reduce wrinkles, thanks to its high amount of caffeine and anti oxidants. Both the components play a massive role in preventing premature aging and then remove wrinkles. Coffee helps in brightening our skin due to its anti oxidant properties. Furthermore, the anti inflammatory benefits of coffee protect our skin from various factors such as sun damage, smoking, pollution, etc that are some of the main causes of getting wrinkles on the face. Moreover, coffee acts as a great exfoliator and then removes the layers of dead skin cells, which also helps to delay the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
How to use coffee in home remedies to reduce wrinkles
- Mix together a tsp cocoa powder and a tbsp coffee powder. Also add some coconut oil and mix once again to prepare a paste. Apply this on the face and neck and then massage a little. Let it sit on the skin for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with cold water and repeat twice in a week.
- Add a tbsp of coffee powder to some olive oil and make a paste. Apply this paste all over the face and neck. Keep it on the skin for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off with plain water. Repeat once or twice in a week. Both coffee and olive oil are rich sources of anti oxidants, which makes this face pack one of the best home remedies to reduce wrinkles.
- Alternatively, you can use a mixture of milk and coffee to keep your skin healthy and young. Take 3-4 tbsp of organic coffee powder and add some milk to it to make a smooth paste. Apply an even layer of this face mask all over the face and keep it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with fresh water and repeat once or twice in a week.
6. Reduce Wrinkles with Kiwi
Kiwi is a great source of vitamin C and E along with various antioxidants that help to reduce wrinkles and also rejuvenate our skin by stimulating cell production and regeneration. The high amount of vitamin C in kiwi boosts collagen production and help to keep the skin smooth and wrinkle free. Being high in anti oxidants, kiwi can delay the effects of aging and keep the skin healthy. Furthermore, sun damage is a major cause of aging and wrinkles. Kiwi contains amino acids, which are very beneficial to protect our skin from sun damage. Furthermore, the black seeds of kiwi fruit helps to remove the dead skin cells and also prevent wrinkle formation. The anti-inflammatory properties of kiwi play a massive role in reducing wrinkles.
How to use kiwi in home remedies to reduce wrinkles
- Remove the skin and cut one kiwi fruit in small pieces. Put them in a blender and prepare kiwi pulp. Apply this on the face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with plain water and repeat twice in a week.
- Cut one kiwi fruit in half and scoop out the flesh. Put it in a blender along with few banana slices. Finally add a tbsp of plain yogurt to blender and mix everything well. Make a smooth paste and apply it all over the face and neck. Let it sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes and wash off with fresh water. Repeat once or twice in a week.
- Prepare kiwi pulp by putting few kiwi fruits in a blender. Once done, keep it aside in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk one egg white and add few drops of olive oil to that. Mix together and add in kiwi pulp there. Finally combine all the ingredients and then apply it on your face and neck. Let it dry naturally and wash off with fresh cool water. Do this once or twice in a week.
- Take 1/4 of an avocado and put in the blender. Add few kiwi cubes and blend together to make a paste. Apply this on the face and neck and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Repeat once or twice in a week.
7. Try Cucumber to Treat Wrinkles Naturally
Next comes cucumber on our list of best home remedies to reduce wrinkles on the face. Cucumber is as refreshing and rejuvenating for our skin as it is for our health. It is about 99% water which makes it an excellent ingredient to keep our skin hydrated. Avoiding dehydrated skin is one of the major conditions to get rid of wrinkles. Cucumber contains Vitamin C and caffeic acid, both of which are powerful antioxidants which help to get rid of wrinkles and lines. One of the main reasons that cucumber is known for its anti ageing benefits, is due to the presence of silica in it. Furthermore, silica is known as the beauty mineral and works wonders when it comes to treating saggy skin.
Furthermore, cucumber comes with potassium and vitamin A, both of which play key roles in preserving the youthfulness of our skin. Potassium effectively heals dry and damaged skin, while vitamin A prevents wrinkle formation and fades away age spots.
How to use cucumber for wrinkle treatment
- Put one cucumber in the fridge for several hours. Take it out, peel it, cut it in small cubes and put them in the blender to get cucumber pulp. Whisk one egg white and add a tsp of fresh lemon juice to it. Also add the freshly prepared cucumber pulp and mix everything nicely to get a face pack like consistency. Apply it all over the face and neck. Let it sit on the skin for 20-30 minutes and then, wash it off with fresh, cool water. Repeat once or twice in a week for noticeable results.
- Alternatively, you can try cucumber and almond butter face pack as one of the best home remedies to reduce wrinkles on face. Take 1/4th of a cucumber and chop it into small pieces. Put the cucumber pieces in a blender and add in one tbsp almond butter. Blend together and make a thick paste. Apply an even layer of this face pack all over the face and neck. Let it sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes and wash off with luke warm water. Repeat twice in a week.
- Here comes a very powerful anti wrinkle remedy that works wonder for our skin. Put few cucumber pieces in a blender and add in a tsp extra virgin olive oil, two tbsp fresh cottage cheese, few fresh parsley leaves, some milk and a pinch of salt. Blend together until you get a smooth paste. Apply the paste all over the face and neck. Allow the face pack to sit on the skin for 25-30 minutes. Use fresh, cool water to remove it. Repeat once in a week for all over healthy and nourished skin.
8. Remove Your Wrinkles with Avocado
Loaded with vitamins B,C, E, K, selenium, potassium, zinc, folate and beta carotene, avocado is one of the most powerful home remedies to reduce wrinkles on the face. Avocados contain high amount of healthy fats which are essential to preserve the youthfulness and suppleness of our skin. Moreover, avocado comes with a component known as ‘chlorophyll’ which posses anti inflammatory benefits. The vitamin E present in avocado enhances the softness and smoothness of our skin and prevents wrinkles formation. The high water content of avocado makes sure that our skin doesn’t have to suffer from dehydration. Avocado helps to remove toxins from the skin, thanks to its antioxidants and amino acids.
How to use avocado in home remedies to reduce wrinkles
Mash half of an avocado in a blender. Add a tbsp of oatmeal powder to that and then apply the resultant mixture all over the face. Let it sit on the skin 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with luke warm water. Repeat 2-3 times per week. Loaded with anti oxidants, this is one of the best home remedies to reduce wrinkles on face.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article on best home remedies to reduce wrinkles. Let me know your thoughts below in the comments 🙂