11 Simple Home Remedies for Glowing Skin – 100% Works – Beauty is not just skin deep, yet skin is one of the expressions of beauty. And that’s why, we all crave for healthy and glowing skin. Home remedies for glowing skin are the best and always work better than any expensive store-bought solution. Firstly, Home Remedies for Glowing Skin are cheaper, secondly you can also customize the ingredients accordingly, and they are totally free from harmful stuffs. There is no dearth of skin care, beauty products in the market and they also promise the world to us. I am not saying that all of them are duds, but mostly these products work from outside, whereas Home Remedies for Glowing Skin actually nourish the skin and make it glowing and healthy.
Check – How to Make Best Face Serum for Fair and Glowing Skin at Home
The Major Factors that Damage our Skin
Before we start with our home remedies for glowing skin, lets first check out what are the factors that damage our skin. We often say ‘baby soft skin’. Baby’s skin is the purest of all, its clean, its fresh, soft and also the best and they do not require any face wash or face mask. But as we grow old, our skin starts to get exposed to environmental stressors like wind, sun and pollution and starts to get damaged. Some of the major factors that contributes to the damages of our skin are
- Lack of sleep
- Poor eating habit
- Hectic work schedule
- Lack of skin care
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- UVA/UVB rays of Sun
- Using wrong products on the skin
- Hormonal changes in the body
- Improper digestion
So these are the reasons of dull, dehydrated, lackluster skin. But even if your skin has already been damaged, the good news is that you can still reverse the effect and get glowing face.
Check – Citra Spot Less Fair Face Cream with Japanese Green Tea
11 Simple Home Remedies for Glowing Skin – 100% Works
Check out our handpicked home remedies for glowing skin below.
1. Turmeric Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Why to use Turmeric for glowing skin
Turmeric enjoys a special status when it comes to the best home remedies for glowing skin and its because probably its easier to get, or it actually works. Furthermore, there is a compound called ‘curcumin’ in turmeric which is a very powerful anti oxidant as well as has anti inflammatory benefits. It also eliminates the free radicals and protect the skin. Turmeric also can boost collagen production and keep the skin soft, supple and glowing.
How to glow face with Turmeric
- Mix a tbsp of turmeric powder with some pineapple juice and make a paste. Then apply this all over the face and neck and wait till it dries completely. Use lukewarm water to wash off the face pack. This is also one of the best home remedies to get glowing skin, as this mixture helps to lighten dark spots quickly and make the skin flawless.
- Here is another great way to get glowing face. In a bowl, take 2 tbsp of gram flour and half tsp of turmeric powder. To this add some sandalwood powder and a pinch of camphor. Add enough milk or water to make a fine paste out of all the ingredients. Apply it evenly on your face and wait for 20 minutes. Wash off to discover glowing skin immediately.
2. Lemon Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Why to use Lemon for glowing skin
Next on our list of home remedies for glowing skin is lemon. Lemon is one of the best and most popular ingredients to get clear, glowing face. It also contains citric acid which is very effective in getting rid of the dead skin cells accumulated on the surface of the skin. The Vitamin C in the lemon juice also boosts cell renewal and thus, helps to lighten dark spots. Lemon juice also has bleaching properties that also helps to lighten complexion and give you glowing face.
How to glow face with lemon
- One of the best home remedies for glowing skin is a lemon-sugar scrub. All you have to do is to mix together 2 tsp of sugar granules and 2 tsp of lemon juice. Then apply it onto the face and scrub in circular motion. Be gentle, leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. Do this once a week to get rid of the dead skin cells layer and reveal glowing skin.
- You can also mix one tsp of lemon juice with a tbsp of cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric. If you have dry skin, add there a tsp of glycerin. Give it a good mix and also apply it all over the face. Let it be there for 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water. Repeating this face pack once daily is one of the best tips for glowing skin.
3. Home Remedies for Glowing Skin with Aloe Vera
Why to use Aloevera for glowing skin
Aloevera is the ultimate solution for all our skin problems. No wonder, it is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin. Aloevera also has skin nourishing and healing properties which give you a glowing face. It also has anti bacterial properties that kill the bacteria which causes acne. The anti inflammatory properties of aloe vera help to soothe irritated skin. Check out how to get glowing skin with aloevera below.
How to get glowing skin with aloe vera
- In a bowl, take a tbsp of aloe vera gel, a tsp of honey and a pinch of turmeric. Add a tsp of milk and mix everything together to get a smooth paste. Apply it all over face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. You can repeat this face pack twice a week to get glowing face.
- If you have a aloe vera plant at home, cut a leaf from the tree and extract the gel. Apply a thick layer of the gel on your face with a cotton ball. Let it dry naturally and then rinse off with luke warm water. This is one of the most effective and best tips for glowing skin.
4. Baking Soda to Get Glowing Face
Why to use Baking soda for glowing skin
Here comes another very effective home remedies for glowing skin. Baking soda can balance the pH level of our skin which is very important to get healthy and glowing face. It has exfoliating properties that keep the skin free from dirt, impurities as well as dead skin cells. It also has mild anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that come handy while dealing with problems with pimples, acne and spots. Below you will find out couple of home remedies for glowing skin using baking soda.
How to glow face with baking soda
- Mix a tsp each of baking soda and extra virgin olive oil. To this add half tsp honey. Then apply it on damp face in circular motion. Wait for 10 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- If you are looking for best tips for glowing skin, here is one for you. Mix together a tsp of baking soda and also a tsp of lemon juice and make a paste. Clean your face thoroughly with a face wash and use this paste to exfoliate the skin. Rinse with Luke warm water. You can repeat this glowing skin tips 2-3 times per week.
5. Tips for Glowing Skin Using Papaya
Why to use Papaya for glowing skin
Next on our list of best home remedies for glowing skin comes this one. Papaya also contains an enzyme known as papain, which acts as a mild exfoliator. Topical application of ripe papaya also helps to get rid of the dead skin cells and get you glowing face. Papaya makes our skin radiant and younger looking. Below we have discussed few home remedies for glowing skin using papaya.
How to get glowing skin with papaya
- Take a ripe papaya and cut it in to small pieces. Put them in the blender. Add a tsp of sandalwood powder or multani mitti and a tsp of honey. Blend everything together to get a smooth paste. Apply it all over the face. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water. This is one of the best glowing skin tips that you can try at home.
- Here is another tips for glowing skin using papaya. In the blender, throw few pieces of ripe papaya, few slices of banana, half of an apple and also some yogurt. Whiz up to get a smooth paste. Then apply all over the face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash off with plain water. This is a great pack for glowing face. This glowing skin tips is ideal for all skin types and it gives an instant glow.
6. Home Remedies for Glowing Skin with Olive Oil
Why to use Olive oil for glowing skin
We know that olive oil is an excellent skin moisturizer. Regular massage with olive oil is one of the best glowing skin tips. Olive oil is rich in flavonoids and polyphenols, which protects the skin from free radical damages. Olive oil repairs our damaged skin cells and makes skin healthy and glowing. Check out simple home remedies for glowing skin with olive oil below.
How to glow face with olive oil
- Take a few drops of olive oil and then apply it all over the face and neck. Using your finger tips, gently massage the skin in upward circles for 2-3 minutes. Take a soft towel, soak it in warm water and remove the excess water. Place the towel over the face for 30-40 seconds. Remove and dip the towel once again in the warm water. Wring out the excess water and gently wipe off the oil with it. This is one of the simplest tips for glowing skin.
- Here is another easy way on how to get glowing skin with olive oil. In a bowl mix together a tbsp of olive oil, a tsp of honey and 1 egg yolk. Apply the resulted mixture all over the face and wait for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Do this tips for glowing skin twice a week.
7. Red Sandalwood Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Why to use Red sandalwood for glowing skin
Sandalwood, especially red sandalwood is a great way to nourish our skin. It has skin whitening and anti aging benefits for skin. Red sandalwood is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin which can treat uneven, patchy complexion and give even toned skin. It can also treat sun tan, pigmentation and acne scars. Red sandalwood powder is an excellent exfoliator that removes every trace of dirt and impurities from the skin and deeply cleanses the pores. It helps to shrink pore sizes and enhance the beauty of the skin. Wondering how to get glowing skin with red sandalwood? Check out below.
How to get glowing skin with red sandalwood
- Take 1-2 tsp red sandalwood powder and then mix it with 1-2 tbsp raw milk to make a smooth, thick paste. Apply this all over the face and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. This is one of the easiest glowing skin tips you can try at home.
- Here is another very effective tips for glowing skin using red sandalwood. Mix 1 tsp each of red sandalwood powder and turmeric powder and then add milk or yogurt to make a paste. Also apply it all over the face and let it reach semi-dry stage. Gently scrub the face and wash off with cold water.
8. Ice Cube Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Why to use Ice cube for glowing skin
This is another amazing home remedies for glowing skin. Ice cubes are loaded with beauty benefits. They can minimize pores, give relief from sun burn, reduce puffy eyes, regulate oil production, prevent premature aging and also give naturally glowing skin. In case you are wondering how to go ahead with ice cubes home remedies for glowing skin, then check below.
How to glow face with ice cubes
- Take a medium sized cucumber, peel the skin and also cut in into small cubes. Put them in the blender and make cucumber puree. Mix some lemon juice and honey to it. If the mixture gets too thick, add some water and mix all the ingredients nicely. Pour it onto an ice tray and let it freeze. Rub these ice cubes (2-3 at a time) on the face, wait for 10 minutes and wash off. It is an instant home remedies for glowing skin.
- Here is another great glowing skin tips for you using ice cubes. Take plain raw milk and pour it onto an ice tray. Freeze for 4-5 hours to make raw milk ice cubes. Take out 2-3 ice cubes and then rub them all over the face and neck until they melt completely. Wait for 15 minutes and wash the face with lukewarm water. This home remedies for glowing skin has skin whitening benefits as well. They can give relief from tanned skin, acne marks, pimple marks, patchy skin as well as dull complexion.
9. Home Remedies for Glowing Skin Using Egg
Why to use Egg for glowing skin
When it comes to the best home remedies for glowing skin, you simply cannot ignore eggs. Eggs can give us fair, healthy and glowing skin. Egg white has natural astringent properties which also helps to get rid of the excess oil and give naturally glowing skin. The high protein content in eggs is very important to main skin elasticity. Homemade egg face masks are a great way to ward off wrinkles, scars, blackheads and acne and get the beautiful skin you have always wanted. Check out below to know simple home remedies for glowing skin using egg.
How to use egg face mask for glowing skin
- Take a raw egg white and add some milk to it. Then add 1 tbsp of grated carrot and combine all the ingredients well to get a face mask like consistency. Wash the face thoroughly. Apply this face mask all over the face with a face pack brush. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes and then, wash it off with cold water. This is one of the most effective home remedies for glowing skin that you must try at home.
- Mix some mashed avocado and one egg white and then add a tsp of yogurt to it. Mix everything together and apply it to the face. Let it dry naturally and then, wash off with plain water. These home remedies for glowing skin are also very effective in treating saggy skin and wrinkles.
10. Home Remedies for Glowing Skin with Spinach
Why to use Spinach for glowing skin
Not only for health, spinach is also used for home remedies for glowing skin as well. Spinach is a powerhouse of nutrients as it contains Vitamin A, K, C, Vitamin B1, B2, B6, Manganese, Folate, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Protein etc. Furthermore, It also contains beta-carotene, which has antioxidant properties that helps in repairing the damaged skin. All the nutrients present in spinach makes it one of the best home remedies for glowing skin.
How to use spinach for glowing skin
- Take 10-15 fresh spinach leaves and wash them and put them in a blender, add a little water and make a smooth paste. Take 4-5 tbsp of spinach paste in a bowl and then add 1-2 tbsp of gram flour, 2-3 tbsp of milk and a tsp of honey. Mix well. Wash your face and pat dry. Apply this spinach face mask all over the face. Then leave it on for 30 minutes and then, wash off with lukewarm water.
- Here is another excellent home remedies for glowing skin using spinach. In a blender, throw some spinach leaves, half of a tomato, 1 carrot and half of a cucumber. Blend everything together and apply the mixture all over the face and neck. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with plain water. This spinach home remedies for glowing skin are also quite effective to fight acne, pimple and rashes.
11. Home Remedies for Glowing Skin using Malai
Why to use Malai for glowing skin
We are going to conclude this list of 11 best home remedies for glowing skin with this one. Malai is loaded with all the goodness of milk. It contains several minerals and also lactic acid which made it one of the best home remedies for glowing skin. It nourishes our skin deeply and makes it soft, supple and naturally glowing.
How to use Malai in face packs and scrubs to get glow on skin
- Take a small piece of banana and mash it with a fork. Add some malai to it and mix both the ingredients well. Apply this all over the face and neck and also wait for 20 minutes before washing off. This face pack instantly gets rid of the dryness and dullness of the face and adds a glow.
- To 1 tbsp of malai, add some oats or some breadcrumbs and mix both together. Apply it all over the face and gently, massage the skin to get rid of the dirt and impurities accumulated in the pores and also the layers of dead skin cells. These malai home remedies for glowing skin are an excellent way to get soft, supple and radiant skin instantly.
These were some of the time tested home remedies for glowing skin. All the ingredients used in those face packs/face masks are easily available and they are not expensive as well. But these face packs won’t be able to do the job alone, unless you are ready to bring few lifestyle changes to support these amazing home remedies for glowing skin.
Tips for Glowing Skin
Smoking is one of the biggest enemies of our skin. Studies have shown that those who smoked and spent lots of time outdoors without wearing sunscreen looked years older than the brother or sister (the research was conducted on 186 pairs of identical twins) who banned cigarettes and tanning.
Believe it or not, yoga is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin (home remedies, because you can do it at home, right?). Yoga practices put lot of attention on breathing. Every time you exhale, you get rid of toxins from your body. This way, yoga accelerates the cleansing of the body and result shows on your skin!
Follow a Natural Diet
This is of course a no brainer! You have to ditch junk foods and also processed foods if you want skin that turns head. Eat fresh, green veggies and juicy, seasonal fruits. Add sufficient vitamins and proteins to your daily diet and most importantly, eat at the right time!
Do meditate to radiate. The more you meditate, the more you radiate. Those who do meditations regularly shine both from inside and outside.
Do try beauty products which contain retinoids. Retinoids unplug pores, fight acne, reduce fine lines, boost collagen production, lighten spots and also improve skin texture. As a result, your skin looks and feels great.
I hope you found these home remedies for glowing skin helpful. Do you use any of these home remedies? Do share your favorite home remedies for glowing skin with us 🙂