Here’s Why You Need Health Insurance with Maternity Cover – The most crucial adjustment a woman makes is becoming a mother. Even though a lot in your life is changing at this time, becoming a mother is a magical adventure. But as you get older, the chances of pregnancy-related difficulties increase. Aside from that, motherhood-related expenses and duties begin the moment you become pregnant and continue indefinitely. If you are unprepared for these costs, you may find yourself in financial trouble, which is why it is critical to get support through health insurance with maternity cover.
However, first, let’s look at some of the most asked questions about health insurance with maternity coverage, which will help you make the right decision.
1. Is It Possible to Receive Health Insurance While You Are Pregnant?
When you’re pregnant, you can get health insurance with maternity cover. However, if you’re unsure about when to get maternity insurance, it’s best not to wait.
This is due to the lack of readily available maternity insurance without a waiting period. In most cases, you will have to wait three to four years to benefit from this coverage- this is the ‘waiting period’.
2. Is Pregnancy a Pre-Existing Illness When It Comes to Health Insurance?
If you are already pregnant, most insurance companies will not give you maternity coverage. This is because they consider your pregnancy to be a pre-existing condition that is not covered by your health insurance policy.
3. What Does Health Insurance with Maternity Policy Cover?
Maternity insurance covers all expenses for your delivery up to a pre-determined limit, and coverage is offered for both normal and C-section childbirth.
Additionally, some policies may cover the expense of cancelling an insurance policy owing to problems.
For a set sum of maternity insurance, some insurers cover pre-and postnatal expenses and newborn coverage.
4. How is the Cost of Maternity Insurance Calculated?
Health insurance with maternity coverage has a higher premium than a typical health plan. The likelihood of a claim being submitted under the policy is 100%, and hence, insurers charge a higher premium for these policies.
However, the premium for health insurance with maternity cover is calculated based on several factors, including age, annual income, existing health conditions, etc.
Benefits Of Health Insurance with Maternity Cover
There are several benefits with health insurance with maternity cover; however, let’s have a look at a few important ones :
- Out-patient services, including hospital room rental, medications, doctor consultation costs, and treatments like lab tests, gestational diabetes screenings, and more.
- In-patient services, including doctor’s fees, pre & post-hospitalization care, and so on.
- Prenatal and postnatal care for the mother and the newborn.
- Covers ambulance charges.
- It also includes your hospitalization expenses.
- Easy premium payments are available with health insurance with maternity coverage, including online modes.
- Includes emergency expenses such as an injury or accident.
- Health insurance with maternity coverage also provides you with a facility for cashless payments.
- Tax benefits are also included under health insurance with maternity coverage policy, as per section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Exclusions Of Health Insurance with Maternity Coverage
There are a few exclusions under a health insurance with maternity cover, which are:
- Doesn’t cover non-allopathic therapy costs.
- Doesn’t include fees for consultations of doctors.
- Check-ups on a regular basis during your pregnancy.
- The cost of medicines that you consume during pregnancy.
- Pregnancy termination (under 12 weeks) is not a part of health insurance with maternity coverage.
- Pre-existing conditions or injuries identified during the first 48 months of the health insurance with maternity coverage policy’s start date.
- Expenses for self-inflicted injuries, drug usage, or AIDS treatment.
- Doesn’t include costs associated with in-vitro fertilization and infertility.
Today, childbirth-related expenses have grown prohibitively expensive due to increased medical inflation, and without good planning, you may end up burning a hole in your wallet. So, buy health insurance with maternity cover at the earliest from trusted insurance companies such as Care Health Insurance. So, what are you waiting for? Explore their maternity plans today!