Six DIY Herbal Face Pack Recipes for Flawless Skin – Having a flawless skin is what every woman desires! And for that, we don’t even mind spending on luxurious skin care products. But if we look around us, it’s not difficult to find natural ingredients that can actually give us flawless skin. So, we have come up with this article on homemade herbal face pack recipes to achieve flawless skin. Some of the most common skin problems that bother us the most are acne, sun tan, patchy skin, dry skin, too oily skin, dull skin etc. And, let me tell you Mother Nature has got the solution for everything. Homemade herbal face pack doesn’t contain any synthetic ingredients, which is why they are the best for our skin. So, let’s find out how to prepare Herbal Face Pack for Flawless Skin.
Check – Effective Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin You Must Know
Best Homemade Herbal Face Pack Recipes for Flawless Skin
Below we have shared some of the best herbal face pack recipes that can give you clean, clear and healthy skin. The natural ingredients that we have used here are easily available and enriched with skin friendly nutrients. These are definitely much better and healthier alternative to chemical filled skin care products. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
1. Herbal Face Pack with Aloe Vera for Super Healthy Skin
How aloe vera benefits our skin?
We can call aloe vera as a one-stop solution for all our skin related problems. Even if not all, but a lot of skin problems can be solved by using aloe vera regularly.
Today, the market is flooded with aloe vera gel tubes. Not all of them are best for our skin. Go for the organic ones, specially which are colorless. And if possible, prepare fresh aloe vera gel from the plant itself, for the best result.
Aloe vera works like a miracle when it comes to rejuvenate dull and lifeless skin. It is one of the best natural moisturizer for our skin, which actually works on all skin types. Being a non-comedogenic, aloe vera can soften our skin without clogging the pores, hence no fear of getting breakouts.
When used on the skin, aloe vera instantly gives a cooling sensation, which feels very calming and soothing for the skin. Aloe vera is rich in nutrients, enzymes, and various plant compounds that work wonderfully to improve the overall health of our skin.
It contains ‘gibberellin’, a growth hormone and ‘glucomannan‘, a polysaccharide, both of which are effective to boost collagen synthesis in the skin, thus maintaining naturally firm and smooth. By boosting collagen production, aloe vera protects our skin from early signs of aging. Aloe vera has pore tightening properties as well which help to lift saggy skin up.
Aloe vera is a must have ingredient for oily skin care, mainly because of its astringent properties. It removes excess oil from the skin, but also keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized. Oily skin is very much prone to acne, and homemade herbal face pack made with aloe vera can effectively fight off acne and pimples.
Firstly, aloe vera has natural anti bacterial properties which help to destroy the acne causing bacteria. Secondly, the glycol-proteins present in aloe vera has anti inflammatory properties, which help with faster healing of the skin.
And thirdly, being an astringent. aloe vera helps to close open pores and thus, reduces the chance of clogged pores and breakouts. Furthermore, the anti oxidant benefits of aloe vera keep the skin healthy and glowing.
How to prepare herbal face pack with aloe vera for healthy skin?
- Prick 3-4 vitamin E capsules with a needle and squeeze out the extract. Mix together a tbsp each of vitamin E oil as well as fresh aloe vera gel. Apply the mixture on the face and gently massage for couple of minutes. Leave it on for another 20-30 minutes and wash off with plain water. Reapply twice or thrice in a week for healthy skin.
- Here is a simple herbal face pack using aloe vera to get healthy skin. Add some pure rose water to a tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel and mix together. Apply this mixture on the face and massage for couple of minutes. Keep it on the skin for another 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with fresh water. Use this herbal face pack 2-3 times in a week.
- Take two tbsp fresh aloe vera gel and mix it with one tbsp each of neem powder and raw honey. Apply the resultant mixture all over the face and neck, massage a little and wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with fresh water. Reapply twice or thrice in a week.
- This is an exfoliating herbal face pack recipe for healthy skin. Take two tbsp uncooked oatmeal powder and mix it with some fresh aloe vera gel. Apply it on the face and massage gently with fingertips. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before washing off with plain water. Repeat twice in a week.
2. Prepare Herbal Face Pack with Multani Mitti to Combat Acne
How multani mitti helps to treat acne?
Multani mitti is well known for its acne fighting properties. It has wonderful purifying as well as cleansing benefits for our skin. Plus it has amazing absorbing properties. Multani mitti, when used on the skin, helps to exfoliate and remove impurities stuck in the skin pores. Thus multani mitti unclog the blocked pores and prevent breakouts.
We know that large open pores are one of the main reasons for getting breakouts. Multani mitti, with its absorbing properties, help to shrink large pores and improves skin texture.
Multani mitti works so efficiently against acne is due to its magnesium chloride content. Magnesium chloride fights off acne as well as reduces itching of the skin caused by acne.
Not only it fights off acne, but multani mitti is also helpful to lighten acne scars, due to its skin lightening properties. Multani mitti has the ability to improve blood circulation in the skin, which not only treats acne, but also helps to resolve a number of other skin care problems.
How to prepare herbal face pack with multani mitti to treat acne?
- Take 1-2 tbsp multani mitti and make a paste by adding enough rose water to it. Apply an even layer of this herbal face pack on the face and let it dry naturally. Wash it off with fresh water. Repeat twice in a week.
- Mix together 2 tsp multani mitti as well as 4 tbsp fresh orange juice. Prepare a smooth paste and apply it all over the face. Leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with fresh water. Repeat 2-3 times in a week.
- Put a handful of fresh neem leaves in a blender and add some water. Blend together to prepare neem paste. Take it out and mix it with a tsp of multani mitti and also some rose water. Apply the resultant mixture all over the face and allow it to sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Use fresh water to remove it and reapply twice in a week.
- Take a tbsp of multani mitti and add some aloe vera juice to it. Mix them together to prepare a smooth paste. Apply it all over the face. Wait till it gets dry and then, wash off with fresh water. Repeat this herbal face pack twice in a week.
- Prepare a smooth paste by mixing together two tbsp multani mitti as well as some fresh yogurt. Apply an even layer all over the face and leave it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with fresh water and reapply twice in a week.
3. Use Green Tea Herbal Face Pack for Anti Aging
How green tea helps with anti aging?
Green tea is a wonderful natural ingredient to fight off skin aging. It is enriched with nutritional as well as anti oxidant benefits, which is the primary reason why green tea is considered as one of the most beneficial ingredient for anti aging skin care.
Green tea helps to rejuvenate dull skin, restores healthy skin and also boosts complexion. It has the ability to flush out toxins from the skin, which otherwise might cause skin discoloration.
As we already mentioned, green tea is full of nutrients, so the high amount of vitamins, minerals as well as anti oxidants present in green tea nourish the skin from within, thus delaying the signs of aging such as, saggy skin, wrinkles, lines, age spots, etc.
The polyphenols present in green tea is very effective to fight off premature aging of the skin. They block the free radicals and reduce oxidative stress from the skin cells, thus avoiding aging of skin.
Green tea comes with 6 active catechins – epicatechin gallate, epigallo catechin, epicatechin, gallo catechin, epigallo catenin – 3 gallate or EGCG. Along with these, green tea also contains ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherols (vitamin E), carotenoids (vitamin A), selenium, zinc, manganese as well as chromium and they work together to help you achieve healthy and younger skin.
How to prepare anti aging herbal face pack with green tea?
- Brew some green tea and let it reach room temperature. In a bowl, take two tbsp green tea and to this, add a tsp of vitamin E oil. Mix together and apply all over the face and neck. Massage gently with your fingertips and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Do this twice or thrice in a week.
- Whisk one egg white in a bowl. Add a tbsp green tea leaves and mix together to form a paste. Apply it all over the face and neck. Sit back and relax for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with fresh water and repeat this anti aging herbal face pack twice in a week.
- Here is another simple herbal face pack using green tea to prevent premature skin aging. Brew some green tea and let t cool down a bit. Add a tbsp of raw honey to two tbsp of green tea and mix together. Carefully apply this liquid solution onto the face and neck and massage gently with your fingertips. Keep it on for 30-40 minutes and wash off with plain water. Repeat 2-3 times in a week for youthful skin.
- Cut one ripe avocado in half. Take out the seed and scoop out the fleshy part. Mash it with the back of the fork. Prepare some green tea and once it reaches room temperature, add 2 tbsp of green tea to the mashed avocado. Mix the ingredients together and apply it all over the face and neck, massaging gently for couple of minutes. Let it sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with fresh water. Use this herbal face pack twice in a week.
4. Get Clear and Glowing Skin with Sandalwood Herbal Face Pack
How sandalwood gives clear and glowing skin?
Sandalwood powder is very beneficial to achieve clean, clear as well as glowing skin. Sandalwood powder has anti oxidant properties, which helps to get healthy and glowing skin by controlling the free radicals. Being slightly coarse in texture, sandalwood powder helps to exfoliate the skin and remove impurities from the skin pores. This way it unclogs the pores and prevents chances of acne.
Also, sandalwood powder has wonderful absorbing properties. When used on the skin, it can soak up the excess oil from the skin and keep the skin oil free, clean and clear. Due to the anti septic as well as anti bacterial benefits of sandalwood powder, it helps a lot to get rid of acne and pimples. Plus the anti inflammatory property of sandalwood powder helps in healing the skin.
Sandalwood powder is known for its ability to give us glowing complexion. Also, sandalwood powder contains natural oil, with moisturizing properties and it helps to give relief from skin dryness.
Regular application of sandalwood powder can help in lightening and brightening our skin tone as well as minimizing the appearance of blemishes and acne scars.
How to prepare herbal face pack with sandalwood to get clear and glowing skin?
- Take 1-2 tsp red sandalwood powder and add some raw milk to that. Mix together and make a paste. Apply that all over the face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with luke warm water. Repeat twice in a week.
- Add a tsp of fresh yogurt as well as half a tsp of raw honey to a tbsp of sandalwood powder. Mix together and when it forms a paste, apply an even layer of the same all over the face and neck. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes and then rinse off using fresh water. Repeat twice in a week.
- Brew a cup of chamomile tea and wait till it reaches room temperature. In a bowl, take 2-3 tbsp of chamomile tea and also add some red sandalwood powder. Mix together to prepare a paste. Apply the paste all over the face and keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Use fresh water to wash it off. Repeat twice in a week.
- Take a tbsp sandalwood powder, a tsp besan as well as some rose water in a bowl. Mix together and apply the resultant mixture all over the face and neck. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes. While washing it off, gently scrub the face with wet fingertips. Finally rinse off everything with plain water. Reapply twice in a week.
5. Herbal Face Mask with Lemon to Treat Uneven Skin Tone
How lemon works for skin lightening and brightening?
Lemon works wonderfully to lighten and brighten our complexion, thanks to its powerful anti oxidant properties. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, which is an anti oxidant. It helps in flushing out the toxins from the skin and clear up the complexion.
Also, it boosts collagen synthesis in the skin, which further helps to keep the skin healthy as well as smooth. Vitamin C boosts new cell growth, which in turn, results in clear and healthier skin.
Lemon juice is a great source of citric acid, which belongs to the AHA family. Citric acid (in lemon juice) exfoliates the skin, removes the impurities as well as dead skin cells and unveil lighter, brighter and healthier skin.
Most of the times, acne leaves behind ugly and stubborn marks which ruins the beauty of our skin. Lemon juice, with its anti bacterial benefits, helps to fight off acne and also, its astringent properties help treat acne scars effectively. Plus, lemon juice is a natural astringent, and it helps in tightening the pores, thus minimizing the scarring post acne.
How to prepare lemon face pack to treat uneven complexion?
- Mix together one tsp each of lemon juice as well as rose water and apply the resultant mixture all over the face. Gently massage with your fingertips and wait for some time, so that the skin can absorb the goodness. Wash off after 20-30 minutes with fresh water. Repeat daily. If you want, you can use this as an overnight skin treatment, and wash the mask off the next morning.
- Here comes another simple lemon face pack to get even toned skin. Take a tbsp of milk cream and add some lemon juice to that. Mix together and apply the resultant mixture all over the face and neck. Keep it on the skin for 30 minutes, post which you can wash it off with plain water. Repeat every alternate day.
- Cucumber is known for its natural bleaching properties for our skin. A combination of lemon juice and cucumber juice works great to treat patchy skin. Add a tbsp lemon juice to 2-3 tbsp cucumber juice and massage that on to the face and neck. Sit back and relax for 20 minutes. Wash off with plain water and repeat every alternate day for best results.
- Not just cucumber, but honey, too, is a well known natural bleach for our skin. Prepare a concoction by mixing together fresh lemon juice and raw honey in 1:2 ratio. Gently massage the mixture on to the face and neck and wait for 30-40 minutes. Wash off with plain water and carry out this treatment twice or thrice in a week for clear complexion.
6. Herbal Face Pack with Avocado for Dry Skin
How avocado helps to get rid of dry skin?
Avocado is not only healthy, but it comes packed with many benefits for our skin. One of them is to treat dry skin effectively. Avocado is a great source of Vitamin A which is required to get rid of dry skin. Vitamin A boosts sebum production in the skin, and thus, helps to keep the skin soft, supple as well as moisturized.
Also, it contains oleic acid – a mono saturated fatty acid with excellent moisturizing benefits for our skin. In addition, avocado is known as a source of glutamine. Glutamine is an anti oxidant which protects the skin from free radicals as well as external factors such as sun, pollution, wind etc. These factors often contribute to skin dryness.
Vitamin C present in avocado boosts collagen production and maintain the natural elasticity of the skin.
How to prepare avocado face mask to treat dry skin?
- Cut one ripe avocado in half, remove the seed and take out the flesh. With a fork, mash the avocado and then, add a tsp coconut oil to that. Mix together and apply the mixture onto the face and neck, massaging gently with your fingertips. Let it stay on the skin for 30 minutes. Wash off with plain water and repeat the process twice or thrice in a week.
- Mash half of a ripe avocado and to that, add a tsp of fresh yogurt. Mix the ingredients and prepare a lump-free paste. Gently massage it all over the face and neck with your finger tips. Keep it on the skin for 20-30 minutes before washing off. Repeat twice in a week.
- Mash half of a ripe avocado as well as half of a ripe banana and mix them together. Apply the mixture on the face and neck, gently massaging in circular motion. Wait for 15-20 minutes before washing off. Repeat once or twice in a week.
- Exfoliation is must for dry skin. Here’s a simple exfoliating face mask using avocado. Add two tbsp sea salt as well as a tsp of lemon juice to half of a mashed avocado. Mix together and apply it on the face and neck. Massage gently for 2-3 minutes to exfoliate the skin. Wash off with plain water and repeat twice in a week.
These were six simple herbal face pack recipes for overall healthy and beautiful skin. Let us know your favorite herbal face pack below in the comments.