Hand Softener Scrub
Hi girls, Today my post is about how to make your own hand softener scrub paste using very common kitchen ingredients. Read on, to know how to go about it.
We make our hands work so much, they deserve some love and pampering at times since, as I mentioned in one of my earlier post. the skin of hands is thin and tends to show the signs of aging faster as compared to our face. Also, there are lesser sebaceous glands in the skin of hands to produce oil. Let’s begin with the DIY now
You can even use this scrub for your elbows, knees and heels.
Things you will need for Hand Softener Scrub
- Tomatoes to make a puree out of them
- Lemon juice
- A clean container
Reasons for using these ingredients:
- Lemons arere natural bleaching agents. They are great for removing daily tan even for your face, if you do not have a sensitive skin and are not suffering from breakouts.
- Lemons have mild anti bacterial and anti fungal properties.
- Help control oiliness of skin.
- However, when using lemon in beauty recipes, you should take care that you protect your skin from sun in all possible ways i.e using sunscreens, umbrellas etc as after using lemon juice skin becomes photosensitive.
- For hands it is a safe ingredient except if you have any cuts on your skin. Due to use of lemon in this recipe, it is normal to suffer from mild stinging or burning.
Act by softening the skin due to their skin hydrating properties. Apart from softening, they also add a healthy glow to your skin.
- Tomatoes contain antioxidants that help in delaying the signs of aging to by combating the free radicals produce in skin. All these benefits make tomatoes a wonderful skin friendly food for consumption as well as skin packs or masks
- Tomatoes help in shrinking the appearance of pores. As we all know, appearance of pores is pretty prominent on hands….this makes tomatoes a perfect choice for this recipe
- It helps soothen sun burnt and inflamed skin.
I am using this because it is very easily available and since hands can tolerate a little pressure while scrubbing, unlike our face…. Sugar crystals scrub hands really well and also give a nice and relaxing massage to hands 🙂
- Exfoliation is necessary for hands to remove dead skin and reveal fresh skin to absorb moisture 🙂
Steps For Hand Softener Scrub :
- Squeeze out a lemon in a clean container. Remove the lemon seeds before mixing with other ingredients. To cover both the hands entirely, take around 4 spoon juice of lemon.
2. Add tomato puree around 4 to 5 spoons. Mix the paste well.
3. Add sugar particles.
4. Mix a little but do not let sugar dissolve the sugar particles.
5. Apply a thick layer of this paste on your hands and let it remain for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes start scrubbing your hands using gentle and circular motion.
7. After scrubbing, rinse off with warm water.
8. Apply a good hand cream/body lotion.
Enjoy a visibly clear and soft skin….. You can store this paste in a refrigerator and use twice in a week. 🙂 Happy hands, girls!!!