Top 10 Fruits for Glowing Skin – Must Know – You are what you eat. Our skin is the best reflection of what we eat. If our diet is full with processed foods, sugary drinks your skin is likely to be the victim of acne, dullness, patchiness etc. So, here we have come up with this article on the best fruits for glowing skin. Who doesn’t crave for skin that glows like gold? And we keep on spending thousands to buy skin care products that promise to give glowing skin. But what makes our skin so dull? Is it all about the pollution, dirt, sun etc? No, you must also eat healthy food to nourish your skin from inside, so that it glows outside. On that note, lets check out the best fruits for glowing skin that you must eat.
Check – 15 Amazing Benefits of Pomegranate Juice for Skin, Hair and Health
Fruits are exceptionally great for our skin. And the best thing about using fruits for skin care is that you can also use them in various ways. You can make fruit face masks, eat the fruit as well as consume the fruit juice on daily basis to nourish the skin from within, and get healthy, glowing skin. So, without any further delay, let’s find the best fruits for glowing skin. Always remember, that using seasonal fruits is the best way to pamper your skin.
Top 10 Fruits for Glowing Skin
1. Eat Apples to Get Glowing Skin
We are going to start our list of best fruits for glowing skin with apples. It is said, ‘an apple a day, keeps the doctor away’. Also, ‘an apple a day, keeps the skin problems away’. So, what makes apple one of the best fruits for glowing skin? Apple is super rich in malic acid. It is a type of alpha hydroxyl acid, which is essential for healthy skin. Moreover, malic acid is gentler than glycolic acid and salicylic acid, yet it promotes healthier, firmer as well as youthful looking skin. It can renew the skin cells and thus helps to get rid of the damaged skin layer. Apples are also rich in fiber, which helps to clean out the system and thus promotes healthy skin. The anti oxidant properties of apple also protect our skin from harmful free radicals.
Check – Top 12 Simple Home Remedies for Dandruff
How to use apples for glowing skin
- You can eat apples with your breakfast or as a mid-day snack. You can also add apple to your smoothie.
- Grate 1 apple and take 2 tsp grated apple. Add 1 tsp each of fresh pomegranate juice and plain yogurt. Mix well. Apply this mixture all over the face and then keep it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. This is a great face pack made with fruits for glowing skin and it also suits all skin types.
- Mix 2 tsp grated apple with 1 tsp honey. Apply it all over the face and rinse off with luke warm water after 10-15 minutes. This face pack is perfect for dry skin type.
2. Avocados to Get Glowing Skin
After apples, we are going to talk about avocado which is one of the most effective fruits for glowing skin. Avocado is a highly nutritious food and that’s why it is known as a super food. Avocados are a powerhouse of healthy fats, dietary fiber, a number of vitamins including pantothenic acid. Also it has powerful anti oxidant properties that can help to deal with oxidative damage. Avocado also contain lutein and zeaxanthin that can protect our skin from UV radiation. Avocados contain biotin, also known as vitamin B7 which promotes cell growth and cell regeneration. Vitamin E in avocado protects our skin from sun damage and fatty acids in the fruit keep our skin youthful, soft, supple and glowing. No doubt all these amazing properties of avocado has made it one of the best fruits for glowing skin.
How to use avocado for healthy and glowing skin
- You can add avocado to your salad, sandwiches or also in your smoothie. You can also prepare an avocado dip or avocado chutney to have with your snacks.
- Mash 1/4 of an avocado and add some rose water and a pinch of camphor to it. Mix together and apply it all over the face. Let it dry and then rinse it off to reveal instant glowing face. This is one of the easiest face pack made with fruits for glowing skin.
- Alternatively, you can mix together 1/4 of mashed avocado, 1 tsp organic yogurt and 1/2 tsp honey. Make a paste and apply it on the face. Wait for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off. Not only for glowing skin, but this face pack also works great to fight off acne.
- Mash one avocado and combine it with 1 tsp coconut oil. Apply all over the face and let it sit for 30 minutes. Wash off. Use this at night before going to bed and follow up with your regular night skin care routine. Doing this on every alternate night will make the skin soft, glowing and more youthful.
3. Get Glowing Skin by Using Orange
Talking about the best fruits for glowing skin and missing out orange is simply impossible. This fruit is very rich in vitamin C, which works wonders for our skin. 100 gm of orange contain 54 mlg of vitamin C. Vitamin C is also a very powerful anti oxidant which helps to neutralize the free radicals and also protect our skin from oxidative damage, photo damage, aging, etc. This vibrant colored fruit is loaded with phosphorus, folic acid, magnesium, zinc, potassium and more than 170 phyto-nutrients. Orange is best known for its amazing skin lightening and brightening properties. Now lets find out how to use this highly effective fruits for glowing skin.
Check – How to Use Orange for Skin Whitening
How to use orange to nourish skin
- Drink fresh orange juice daily with your breakfast. You can add orange juice to your breakfast smoothie or you can also eat one orange everyday or every alternate day.
- Topical application of orange juice is the best way to remove skin pigmentation. All you need to do is get fresh orange juice and then apply it over the pigmented skin. Wash off after 10-12 minutes.
- Combine together 3 tbsp orange juice, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp besan and a pinch of turmeric and make a paste. Apply on the face and let it dry. Wash off with plain water. This is a great glowing skin face pack for oily skin.
- For dry skin, replace besan with milk and add 1 tsp honey to the above mentioned face pack recipe. Spread a layer of this face pack on the skin and when it gets semi dry, wash it off.
- Mix together 2 tbsp of orange juice, 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp sugar. Mix thoroughly and use this mixture to exfoliate your face. Keep on massaging the skin gently till sugar granules dissolve completely. Wash off with cold water. Furthermore, this face scrub will get rid of dirt, impurities and dead skin cells and make the skin glowing.
- Here is another example of using fruits for glowing skin. Take 2 tbsp of orange peel powder, few drops of lemon juice, some fullers earth and some sandalwood powder. Mix everything well to make a smooth paste. Add some rose water if the paste becomes too tight. Apply on the face and then wait for 30 minutes. Wash off and discover your glowing skin.
4. Pomegranate for Glowing Skin
Next comes pomegranate on our list of best fruits for glowing skin. Pomegranate is not only delicious but it offers amazing benefits for our beauty and health. This fruit is a powerhouse of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus as well as potassium. Every part of this fruit including the peel, the white membrane, the fleshy part as well as the seeds – everything is super nutritious. Moreover, packed with anti oxidants, pomegranate helps in repairing the free radical damage and also transform our skin to become youthful and supple. According to studies, the anti oxidant properties of pomegranate is similar to that of green tea and blueberries. So, clearly this has to be one of the greatest fruits for glowing skin.
How to use pomegranate for healthy skin
- Consume 1 pomegranate daily or add it to your salad, smoothies or your cereal bowl. You can also prepare pomegranate juice from the seeds and have a glass of it daily.
- Put 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds and a cup of uncooked oatmeal in the food processor. Grind together to make a paste. In a separate bowl, combine 2 tbsp each of honey and buttermilk. Add the honey-buttermilk mixture to the pomegranate and oatmeal paste and then mix everything nicely. Apply an even layer of this face mask on face and neck and allow it sit for 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water and apply a moisturizer. This is one of the best way to use pomegranate fruits for glowing skin. And not only as a face pack, this above mentioned mixture works as a natural exfoliator as well.
- Prepare pomegranate paste by putting 2-3 tbsp of fresh pomegranate seeds into a grinder. Add a tbsp plain yogurt to the pomegranate paste and also add 1 tbsp green tea to it. Mix everything nicely and then apply this face mask to the face and neck. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes and wash it off. This pomegranate and green tea face mask helps to get glowing skin by reducing pigmentation. And also it helps to control acne breakout.
5. Bananas to Get Glowing Skin
You simply cannot leave out bananas from the list of best fruits for glowing skin. Bananas are not only must for our health, but it also works amazingly for the health of our skin. The high amount of potassium in banana helps to keep the skin moisturized and hydrated. And as a result, skin looks softer, suppler and also more youthful and glowing. Vitamin A, B and E in bananas helps in skin nourishment. Along with that banana is rich in dietary fiber, vitamin C, K, folate as well as minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. Also the anti oxidant and anti microbial properties of banana made it one of the best fruits for glowing skin.
Check – Fruit Facial & How to do fruit facial at Home
How to use banana to get glowing skin
- Eat banana as your mid-day snack. You can add banana to your bowl of oatmeal or corn flakes. You can also make banana smoothie or banana bread.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it with a spoon or a fork to create a lump free banana pulp. Add 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp lemon juice and then mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Wash your face and apply the mask. Massage the face with your clean fingertips. If needed apply a second coat. Wait for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. Don’t use any soap or facial cleanser.
- Alternatively, you can mix together half of a mashed banana with an egg yolk, few drops of lime juice and one tsp honey. Mix everything and apply on the face. Wait till it becomes dry and then wash off. This face mask will not only make your face glow, but will make your tan remove completely. However, oily or sensitive skin people should avoid this banana face mask.
6. Get Glowing Skin with Lemon
Lemon is one of the best citrus fruits for glowing skin. It is known as nature’s own bleach. The best benefits of lemon for our skin includes its ability to lighten and whiten complexion as well as make skin even toned by reducing acne scars and blemishes. Moreover, lemon is known for its amazing cleansing abilities. It can deep cleanse our pores and also dissolve the build up on the pores. Lemon contains a high amount of vitamin C, which is a powerful anti oxidant and it protects our skin from oxidative damages done by free radicals.
How to use lemon to get healthy and glowing skin
- Add juice of half lemon and a tsp organic honey to a glass of warm water. Drink this every morning in empty stomach. This also helps to clear up the toxin from our system and promote healthy body and healthy skin.
- Squeeze the juice from half of a lemon into a bowl. Add two tablespoons of honey to the lemon juice and mix together. Apply it all over the face. Avoid the eye area. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off. Immediately your skin will feel fresh, soft and hydrated. Follow it up with a moisturizer.
- Also, here is another way to use lemon fruits for glowing skin. Take 2 tsp plain yogurt and one tsp lemon juice. Mix the ingredients well and then apply mixture on your face. Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with luke warm water for instantly glowing skin.
- Mash one tomato and add a tbsp of fresh lemon juice to it. Mix together and apply it on your face. Let it dry completely. Wash off. This will bring an immediate glow to the face. This combination of lemon and tomato also removes the oiliness of the skin and lighten skin blemishes as well.
7. Strawberry to Get Glowing Skin
Next comes strawberry on our list of best fruits for glowing skin. Strawberries are not only super delicious, but they are a treat for our skin as well. Topical application of strawberries can brighten our skin naturally and also help to avoid excess oiliness on the skin and acne breakout. This beauties are loaded with vitamin C, polyphenols and AHA which work wonders for our skin. Strawberries are rich source of salicylic acid as well which keeps acne and pimples at bay. And that’s not all, strawberries also contain omega-3 fatty acids that plays a vital role in lightening our complexion and get rid of dark circles. Vitamin C in Strawberries boosts collagen production and improves skin texture while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How to use strawberry to get glowing skin
Check out below to know how you can use this berry fruits for glowing skin –
- Add strawberries to your bowl of cereals. Also you can add them to your breakfast smoothie. You can also add strawberries to salad or your cake.
- Take 4-5 fresh strawberries and cut them into small pieces. Mash them using a fork and then transfer the mashed strawberries into a bowl. Add one tbsp each of freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh yogurt to it. Mix everything nicely and apply it all over the face. Let it stay for 10-12 minutes and then wash off. This is an amazing way to use strawberry fruits for glowing skin.
- Alternatively, take 2 strawberries, a handful of black grapes, couple of ripe papaya cubes and put them all in the blender. Blend until you get a smooth paste. Wash your face with warm water and apply a thick layer of this pack on the face. Wait for 25-30 minutes before washing off. This is a great face pack made of fruits for glowing skin.
8. Get Glowing Skin with Watermelon
Here comes one of the most effective fruits for glowing skin. Watermelon is amazingly refreshing and that’s why most of us love eating watermelon during summer. It is a great fruit to pamper our skin as well. Watermelon is particularly great for oily and acne prone skin. This fruit contains dietary fiber, carbs, sugar, vitamin A, B1, B6, C, carotenoids, flavonoids, lycopene and almost 92% of water. The anti oxidant content, lycopene, helps in preventing oxidative damage and also the water in watermelon flushes out the toxins and boost our system for a healthy and glowing skin. One of the best fruits for glowing skin, watermelon can be used in various ways to nourish our skin.
How to use watermelon to nourish our skin
- Eat a bowl of watermelon as your mid-day snack. You can also drink freshly made watermelon juice everyday. Include watermelon cubes in your fruit salad or add them to your breakfast smoothie.
- Mash together a small slice of watermelon with a few tbsp of yogurt and make a smooth paste. Apply it on the face and wait for 15-20 minutes. Both watermelon and yogurt hydrate the skin. Wash it off with luke warm water to get instantly glowing skin.
- Mix together 3 tbsp fresh watermelon juice, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp multani mitti and required amount of rose water. Make a paste and apply it all over the face. Let it dry and then rinse it off with cold water. This is a very effective face mask made of fruits for glowing skin which is perfect for oily skin.
- For dry skin, simply cut off fuller’s earth and rose water and instead add 1 tsp each of honey and aloe vera gel with watermelon and lime juice. Mix together, apply on the face and wash off once it gets dry.
9. Use Mango to Get Gorgeous Skin
Summer is just around the corner which means its almost time to enjoy the king of fruits, Mango. And mango is not only a treat to our taste buds, but it comes with some amazing benefits for our skin. Mangoes are rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C and vitamin K, flavonoids, polyphenolics, beta-carotene and also xanthophylls. The powerful antioxidant properties of mango help to avoid oxidative damages by neutralizing the free radicals. Mangoes are also rich in dietary fiber, which helps to keep the system clean and in turn, our skin looks great.
How to use mangoes to get glowing skin
- Consume 1 mango per day. Add them to your cereal bowl or your breakfast smoothie. Or prepare fruit salad with mango.
- Mix 1 tbsp mango pulp with 1 tbsp almond powder and 2 tsp raw milk. Prepare a thick paste. Apply it on the face and neck. Wait for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cool water.This will remove the dirt and impurities from the skin and make the skin soft, supple and glowing.
10. Pineapple to Get Glowing Skin
We are going to end our list of best fruits for glowing skin with pineapple. It is one of the tastiest treats of summer. But it also has to offer a number of skin benefits as well. Pineapples are best known for their exfoliating properties. It contains Bromelain which is an active fruit engyme that helps in exfoliating the dirt, impurities and dead skin cells and also restores the natural glow of the skin. Bromelain also helps to reduce swelling and inflammation. Pineapple also posses anti oxidant properties and keeps skin soft, hydrated and clean.
How to use pineapple to get glowing skin
You can have pineapple cubes during breakfast or as mid-day snack. Add them your smoothie to boost its taste.
In a blender, put some fresh pineapple cubes, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp organic honey. Blend together and also apply the paste on the face and neck. Allow it to dry naturally and wash off with luke warm water. Finish off with some cold water splashes. Pat dry the face and then apply moisturizer. Regular use of this pineapple face mask helps to achieve soft, glowing skin.
These were our top 10 fruits for glowing skin. Add them to your diet or use as a face mask, or do even both for best results – its all up to you 🙂 I hope you liked the post, do stay tuned for more 🙂