Five Most Effective Natural Moisturizer for All Skin Types – Irrespective of one’s skin type, we all need moisturizers. In fact, oily skin people also require regular moisturization, in order to bring a balance in their skin texture and avoid it becoming even oilier. But sometimes it becomes extremely difficult to get that ‘right product’ for our skin. To feed your skin with the best, we suggest you to go all natural. Yes, natural moisturizers work best for our skin, and they are not difficult to get hold of. Most of them are available in your household. Here in this article, we will reveal five best natural moisturizer for healthy skin. They will not only moisturize your skin, but also help to resolve various skin problems, which is definitely a big Bonus! So, lets get started!
Check – Benefits of Olive Oil for Dry Skin Care
Five Most Effective Natural Moisturizer for All Skin Types
1. Use Shea Butter as Natural Moisturizer
How Shea Butter is Beneficial to Our Skin?
Shea butter is enriched with fatty acids, including oleic acid, stearic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic acid, etc. These fatty acids are extremely nourishing and moisturizing for our skin. Also shea butter contains vitamin A and E, both of which are known for their amazing skin nourishing benefits. The anti inflammatory benefits of shea butter make it one of the best natural moisturizers for dry, irritated skin.
Vitamin A helps in boosting skin cell regeneration and treats wrinkles, acne, etc. It also helps to heal dry skin by increasing natural sebum production by the sebaceous glands. Vitamin E protects the skin from sun damage and also replenishes the skin with lost moisture. Vitamin E can reverse the natural aging process of our skin and. With its anti inflammatory benefits, Vitamin E helps in treating various skin conditions.
Shea butter has great emollient as well as humectant properties. It not only adds moisturization to dry skin, but also helps with moisture retention. Extreme dryness can cause itching and peeling of the skin and also develop tiny cracks on the skin. The moisturizing as well as anti inflammatory benefits of shea butter help healing the skin and provide relief from the discomfort. Shea butter can penetrate the skin easily, provides nourishment and softens rough skin.
Shea butter has wonderful anti aging benefits. It helps in boosting collagen production in the skin, that further helps with maintaining the natural elasticity of the skin and keeps the skin supple, youthful, nourished and glowing. The catechins found in shea butter also have anti aging benefits.
Shea butter helps in improving blood circulation in the skin. Improved blood circulation helps to nourish the skin cells and results in faster cell renewal. Regular application of shea butter not just moisturizes the skin, but is extremely beneficial in treating skin rashes, skin peeling after UV damage, stretch marks, burns, athletes foot, insect bites, acne as well as acne scars.
How to Use Shea Butter as Natural Moisturizer?
- Take 1 tbsp shea butter and melt it using a double boiler. Remove from the heat and let it cool down a bit. Apply the same all over the face as well as neck, massaging gently with the fingertips. Leave it on the skin for 20-30 minutes. After that, wipe off with a damp towel. Repeat every day. This is the easiest way to use shea butter as natural moisturizer.
- With the help of a double boiler, melt 1-2 tbsp raw shea butter. Once it is melted, add in 1 tbsp coconut oil and keep stirring in low flame until the ingredients mix together. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cools down slightly. Apply it all over the face and gently massage with your finger tips for some time. After 15-20 minutes, wipe it off with a damp cloth and splash fresh water onto the face. Reapply daily.
- Take 1-2 tbsp raw shea butter and melt it with the help of a double boiler. Remove from the heat and add some rose water to the melted shea butter. Mix together and apply it all over the face and neck and gently massage the skin. Leave it on for few minutes and after that wipe off with a damp towel. Wash your face with fresh water and repeat everyday.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from inside with the help of a spoon or knife. Melt a tbsp raw shea butter using a double boiler. Remove from the heat and add equal amount of fresh aloe vera gel to the shea butter. Mix together and apply it all over the face as well as neck. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing off using plain water. Repeat the entire process daily.
2. Use Glycerin as Natural Moisturizer
How Glycerin Benefits Our Skin?
Glycerin acts as a very powerful moisturizer for our skin. It has humectant properties, which help absorbing moisture from air and locks it into the skin cells, thus, reducing dryness of the skin. Glycerin basically works like a sponge, that pulls in water to the outer layer of the skin and enhances skin’s hydration level. Moreover, it can also slow down the evaporation process of the water from our skin surface and thus boosts skin’s water retention ability.
As we age, our skin, specially dry skin becomes more susceptible to irritation, redness, moisture loss, etc. Plus the environmental elements cause massive damage to our skin. As a result, the skin starts to develop tiny cracks on the outer surface, which is not visible to naked eye. Regular application of glycerin helps to fill those cracks and smoothens out the skin texture over time.
Glycerin has emollient properties, that helps to keep our skin moisturized, soft and supple. Regular use of glycerin gives a healthier appearance to our skin. Glycerin has therapeutic benefits that heal a number of skin problems and help us to achieve a naturally healthier and smoother skin.
Glycerin has the ability to increase the thickness of epidermal layer of the skin and it also improves barrier function, which goes a long way to ensure our skin stays soft and supple for a long time. The excellent skin healing properties of glycerin help to heal dry skin as well as provide relief from fungal infections like psoriasis and eczema.
Glycerin can help with faster cell regeneration, which in turn, helps to treat various skin issues, such as pigmentation, aging signs and acne, skin infections, etc.
How to Use Glycerin as Natural Moisturizer?
- Take few drops of glycerin and mix it with a tbsp of rose water. Apply this resultant mixture all over the face and neck and gently massage with your fingertips. Wait till it gets absorbed completely. Do not wash it off. It works as a natural moisturizer and should remain on the skin. Do this daily every time after washing your face with a facial cleanser.
- Take a tsp vitamin E oil in a bowl. To that, add a tsp of glycerin. Mix together and massage the resultant mixture onto your face as well as neck. Leave it on the skin for 30 minutes and wipe it off with a damp towel. Do it every day.
- In a bowl, take glycerin and pure aloe vera gel in 1:1 ratio and mix together. Apply it all over the face and neck and gently massage for few minutes. Wait for 25-30 minutes and after that, wash it off using plain water. Reapply every day.
- Mix together few drops of glycerin and a tbsp of coconut oil. Apply the resultant mixture all over the face as well as neck and massage the skin gently using your fingertips. Wait for some time till it gets absorbed by the skin completely. Repeat daily. This acts as a wonderful natural moisturizer for our skin.
3. Use Argan Oil as Natural Moisturizer
How Argan Oil is Beneficial to Our Skin?
Argan oil is rich in anti oxidants and is known for its excellent moisturizing benefits for our skin. It works as a miracle for dry, flaky skin with regular application. Experts often recommend using argan oil for healthy skin, as it contains a good amount of vitamin A and E, along with anti oxidants, omega 6 fatty acids as well as other skin friendly nutrients.
Regular use of argan oil helps to diminish early aging signs. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and lines as well as restores the natural elasticity of the skin. Vitamin A, as we know, helps in increasing the sebum production in the skin. The natural sebum adds moisturization and nourishment, thus healing dry skin. Vitamin A also helps minimizing the appearance of aging signs, as well as lightens the age spots, by enhancing healthy cell regeneration process.
Along with vitamin A, vitamin E and the fatty acid content of argan oil provide moisturization to the skin and restore its health. Vitamin E offers anti oxidant benefits. It neutralizes the free radicals and protect the skin from various damages, including premature aging. Vitamin E is particularly highly effective in preventing photo-aging caused by UV damage.
In addition, argan oil has a high concentration of linoleic acid and oleic acid. These two fatty acids are extremely beneficial to achieve healthy and glowing skin. They help improving skin’s barrier function and protect the skin from harmful chemicals and toxins. Also, they are effective in retaining skin’s natural moisture level.
Many of us do not know this, but Argan oil is enriched with anti bacterial as well as anti inflammatory properties, that help treating acne and pimples. When massaged on the skin, it helps in unclogging pores gently, thus preventing the chances of breakouts.
How to Use Argan Oil as Natural Moisturizer?
- Apply a few drops of argan oil on the face and neck, Massage gently and let it soak in to the skin. Use this as a natural moisturizer any time you feel your skin requires a bit moisturization.
- Add a few drops of vitamin E oil to a tsp of argan oil and mix together. Use this to massage your face at night before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and wash off next morning. Repeat the process daily.
- Mix together a tsp each of argan oil and coconut oil. Massage the resultant mixture on to the face as well as neck for few minutes with your finger tips. Let it stay on the skin for another 20-30 minutes. Wipe it off with a damp towel and splash some fresh water on to the face. This can be used as an overnight moisturizer as well.
- Add a few drops of argan oil to your face toner and apply it on the skin to boost the hydration level of the skin.
4. Use Jojoba Oil as Natural Moisturizer
How Jojoba Oil Benefits Our Skin?
Jojoba oil comes packed with miraculous skin benefits. It is rich in several skin friendly nutrients including vitamin E, vitamin B complex as well as minerals such as zinc, copper, iodine, etc. that help to resolve various types of skin problems.
Though called an oil, technically it is a wax. This oil has similar chemical structure to our skin’s natural sebum. This is why, jojoba oil is easily absorbed into the skin and moreover it can be used for all skin types. Jojoba oil is particularly very beneficial for those with oily and acne prone skin.
It is a non-comedogenic oil, which means there is less chance of skin pores getting clogged and leading to rashes as well as breakouts. Jojoba oil is a great natural face cleanser. It helps in removing all the traces of impurities from the face. It dissolves the dust and dirt accumulated on the skin and helps in their easy removal.
Jojoba oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer for our skin. Jojoba oil comes with a high amount of ceramides, which provide hydration to the skin cells and keep them healthy. It works wonderfully as a face moisturizer as well as body moisturizer. Jojoba oil makes our skin soft and supple.
As we already said, this oil gets absorbed quickly without leaving behind any oily residue on the skin. Furthermore, jojoba oil has natural anti aging benefits. It is rich in Vitamin E, which is a great anti oxidant for our skin. Vitamin E helps to fight off free radicals as well as external damaging factors, which cause premature skin aging.
In addition, vitamin E is extremely effective in retaining moisture in our skin. Jojoba oil helps in boosting new cell growth, thus keeping the skin softer, healthier as well as smoothening out the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Acne is one of the worst enemies of our skin. Jojoba oil has the ability to heal acne. It comes with anti microbial properties, which helps to fight acne off. Moreover, the iodine present in jojoba oil can prevent harmful bacteria growth in the skin and keep the skin infection free. The anti oxidant, anti septic as well as anti inflammatory properties of jojoba oil work together to give us healthy, glowing skin.
How to Use Jojoba Oil as Natural Moisturizer?
- Take 4-6 drops of jojoba oil and massage gently onto your skin until it gets absorbed. Do this before going to sleep at night and wash it off next morning. Regular application will improve your skin texture and make your skin soft, supple and glowing.
- Take coconut oil and jojoba oil in equal amount and mix them together. Apply it onto the face and massage gently in circular motion. Keep it on the skin for some time and then wipe the face with a damp towel to remove the excess oil. You can use this as an overnight natural moisturizer. For best result, do this every day.
- Add 2 tbsp of glycerin to equal amount of water and mix together. Also add 2 tbsp jojoba oil to it and combine all the ingredients nicely. Use this as your natural body moisturizer. Everyday, post shower, apply this glycerin and jojoba oil mixture on the face, neck and other body parts. Gently massage and let it get absorbed by the skin.
- Take a tsp vitamin E oil and add it to a tbsp jojoba oil. Mix both the oils together and apply it all over the face and neck. Massage in gentle circular motions and leave it on overnight. Do this every night before going to bed and wash off the next morning.
5. Use Olive Oil as Natural Moisturizer
How Olive Oil is Beneficial for Our Skin?
Olive oil is a great natural remedy to bring back the natural glow of the skin. It is rich in healthy fats which help to moisturize the skin. Olive oil also helps with moisture retention by forming a protective layer on the skin. Olive oil contains squalene – a natural organic compound with great moisturizing benefits.
Regular application of olive oil is very beneficial in rejuvenating dull and dry skin. This oil improves blood circulation in the skin, which further leads to better nourishment for skin cells. The nutrients in olive oil repair the skin damages at cellular level and help us to achieve a glowing skin outside. Vitamin E, flavonoids and polyphenols present in olive oil work together to boost skin cell renewal rate, thus dry, dead and damaged skin cells get replaced by new and healthier cells and skin becomes healthy and glowing over time.
Olive oil is a great source of vitamin E, which is an anti oxidant and it protects our skin from free radicals as well as external factors that can damage our skin and make it dry and dull. Vitamin E can replenish the skin with lost moisture, thus restoring soft, healthy and glowing skin naturally. It also boosts cell growth and increases collagen production in the skin, that further improve our skin texture and skin tone.
Aging of the skin is a vital factor that makes our skin lack lustre. Olive oil has great anti aging benefits for our skin. It is a great source of anti oxidants, that keep the skin protected from untimely aging. Along with anti oxidants, olive oil contains several vitamins, minerals and natural compounds which provide superior nourishment to the skin from within and keep premature aging at bay.
Furthermore, olive oil contains chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is a photosynthetic compound which can be found in plants. It has wonderful anti aging properties and skin healing benefits as well, which help to get rid of the aging signs and restore youthful, healthy and glowing skin.
How to Use Olive Oil as Natural Moisturizer?
- Take 1-2 tsp olive oil in between your palms. Rub your palms together to warm it up slightly and apply the oil all over the face and neck. Gently massage the skin for 3-5 minutes and then wait for another 20-30 minutes. After that, use a damp towel to wipe off the excess. Repeat daily. This is the easiest way to use olive oil as a natural moisturizer.
- Take a tbsp pure aloe vera gel in a bowl and add few drops of olive oil to that. Mix both of them together and massage it on to the face as well as neck gently with the fingertips for few minutes. Leave it on the skin for another 10 minutes before wiping off the excess with a damp towel. Repeat the entire process every day.
- Mix together few drops each of coconut oil and olive oil. Warm it up slightly and massage it on to the face and neck using your finger tips. Keep on massaging for 5-6 minutes and after that, leave it on the skin for 20-30 minutes. Wipe off the excess with a damp towel. Apply this natural moisturizer every day.
- Combine equal amounts of olive oil and jojoba oil. Apply this oil blend on the face, neck as well as other body parts, where you have dry skin. Keep on massaging until the skin absorbs it all. You can either wipe it off with a damp towel or let it stay on the skin. Do this every day for soft and supple skin.
These were five top natural moisturizer for healthy, glowing and supple skin. Being totally natural, they won’t break your skin out or cause any other side effects, and you can get much better result than any store bought moisturizers. Hope you liked the article, we promise to bring you more soon.