Top 16 DIY Face Packs to Treat Open Pores Naturally – Having a beautiful skin is a blessing in itself, but sometimes the large pores on the skin ruin our beauty completely. That’s why, we have thought of sharing the best homemade face packs to treat open pores in this article. Open pores is a common skin problem. All of us have pores on the skin both on our face and body. Even the skin on our scalp also has pores. Through the pores our body does the perspiration and secrets sebum or oil to the top surface of the skin. Normally the pores are too tiny and they cannot be noticed through naked eyes. But these pores can get enlarged and invite troubles.
Check – How to Detox Your Hair Naturally with these Ingredients
While looking in the mirror, you must have noticed slightly large pores on the face, specially on the areas around our nose, on the chin and sometimes on forehead and cheeks. Having open pores on the skin means dirt, impurities etc gets trapped inside the pores and that can lead to acne, blackheads, whiteheads etc. What’s more, your foundation, powder etc. everything settle into the open pores and highlight them even more. But now you can bid adieu to these open pores with the help of some simple home remedies. So, without any further delay, lets begin with our list of best DIY face packs to treat open pores.
Check – How to Reduce the Appearance of Facial Pores
Most Effective DIY Face Packs to Treat Open Pores Naturally
Sometimes, the main cause of open pores is genetic. But aging also plays a key role. As we age, our skin starts to lose its natural elasticity and the pores get lose and open. Apart from these, lack of skin care, using too much makeup, not removing makeup properly, prolonged sun exposure, using harsh cleansing tools on the face, hormonal changes etc also can cause open pores on the face.
1. Egg White, Lemon Face Pack to Reduce Open Pores
How to prepare lemon and egg white face packs to treat open pores
- On top of the list of best natural face packs to treat open pores comes this one. In a bowl, whip two egg whites and add half of a lemon juice. Mix together and then apply an even layer of this face pack on the face. Let it stay there until it dries off completely. Use cold, fresh water to rinse it off. Repeat 2-3 times in a week to reduce the size of open pores.
- Alternatively, you can add 2 tbsp oatmeal to the mixture of egg white and lemon juice. Apply it on the face, let it dry and then scrub it off while removing. Repeat twice in a week for best results.
These are couple of the most effective egg white face packs to treat open pores. Egg whites are commonly used to tighten pores due to their skin tightening properties. Also, when used on face, egg whites can also absorb the excess oil and thus, reduces the chances of clogged pores and acne. Lemon juice has astringent properties for which it can soak up the excess oil from the face.
2. Tomato Juice and Multani Mitti Face Pack
Steps to prepare tomato juice and multani mitti face pack to treat open pores
Here comes another very effective face packs to treat open pores naturally. Take a tbsp of multani mitti and add some tomato juice to it, so that a paste can be formed. Apply it on the parts of the face where you have open pores and let it dry naturally. Use luke warm water to remove the mask. Do it every alternate day to tighten the pores and get healthy skin.
Check – How to make Tomato and Lemon Peel Off Mask for Skin Whitening
Tomato juice works like a magic when it comes to cleansing pores as well as tightening pores. It comes with natural astringent properties which rids the skin of excess oil and its acidic property helps in shrinking pore size. Multani mitti is a natural absorbent which also helps the skin to get rid of excess oil and it also cleanses the pores and sucks the impurities out of them. This leads to healthy and happy skin 🙂
3. Green Tea Powder Face Pack to Get Rid of Open Pores
How to use green tea in face packs to treat open pores
- Take one tbsp green tea powder and add 3 tbsp water. Make a paste and let it sit for 5 minutes. Next add 1 whole egg and 2 tsp gram flour to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients and apply an even layer of the face pack on the face. Let it dry naturally and then rinse off with luke warm water. Repeat once or twice in a week.
- Brew a cup of strong green tea. Take 3-4 tbsp of this tea in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of bentonite clay and mix together to make a paste. Apply on the face, specially focusing on the areas with more open pores. Let it dry naturally and then remove it by gentle scrubbing. Wash the face with luke warm water.
- Alternatively, you can also apply brewed green tea (room temperature) directly on the face with a cotton ball.
Green tea has anti oxidants benefits as well as astringent properties which help to shrink the open pores. In fact, green tea powder helps in absorbing the excess oil of the skin and also removes the dead skin cells from the skin.
4. Papaya and Honey Face Pack to Tighten Pores
How to prepare face pack with papaya and honey to shrink open pores
Take 4-5 small pieces of ripe papaya and put them in a blender. Blend the papaya pieces to make a smooth pulp. Add a few drops of honey to the pulp and mix well. Apply on the face and let it sit there for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with fresh water. Repeat 2-3 times in a week for best results.
Papaya is rich in enzymes and certain phyto compounds, which help to exfoliate the skin deeply. It removes the impurities such as whiteheads, blackheads, etc that sit on the pores and also makes them enlarged. The anti oxidant properties of honey protects our skin from free radical damages. Honey also plays a key role in maintaining the texture of our skin.
5. Sandalwood Powder and Almond Oil Face Pack
Steps to prepare sandalwood powder and almond oil face packs
In a bowl, take one tbsp each of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder. Add few drops of almond oil and mix all the ingredients to make a thick paste. Apply it all over the face, specially on cheeks, forehead, nose, etc where you get maximum open pores. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and then, wash it off with plain water. This is one of the best face packs to treat open pores. With regular application, skin becomes healthier and glowing.
Check – 7 Different Uses of Rose Water for Skin and Hair
Turmeric has anti inflammatory properties that help in shrinking large pores. Sandalwood powder is a blessing for oily, acne-prone skin. It controls excess oil and treat open pores as well. Almond oiL is rich in vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant. It fights off the free radicals and also protects our skin from damages. Also almond oil can dissolve the dirt and debris accumulated on the pores, which in turn helps to get rid of acne and blackheads. Moreover, the vitamin A in almond oil is also quite beneficial to clear up breakouts.
6. Multani Mitti and Rose Water Face Pack to Treat Open Pores
Procedure to make multani mitti and rose water face pack to shrink large pores –
In a bowl, take 2 tbsp multani mitti and add sufficient amount of rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the face and once it reaches semi-dry stage, scrub it off and wash the face with cold water. Repeat regularly to get the best results.
This is not only one of the most powerful face packs to treat open pores, but it also exfoliates the skin and helps to get rid of acne, scars, blemishes as well as sun tan. Multani mitti has the magical ability to soak up excess oil from the top surface of our skin and thus it cleanses the pores and also helps in pore tightening.
7. Yogurt and Gram Flour Pore Tightening Face Pack
How to make yogurt and gram flour face pack to reduce open pores
- Combine 2 tbsp plain yogurt and 1 tbsp gram flour in a bowl and apply it all over the face. Once the face pack gets dry, wash it off with fresh cold water. Repeat twice in a week for at least couple of months to see significant reduction in your pore size.
- Alternatively, you can also massage your skin with plain yogurt. Keep it on for 10 minutes and then rinse off with luke warm water. Finally splash some cold water on the face. Repeat regularly.
Yogurt contains lactic acid, which helps in shrinking large pores. Yogurt is also a great moisturizer for our skin and its anti bacterial properties keep our skin healthy and beautiful. Gram flour exfoliates our skin and also removes the impurities accumulated in the pores.
8. Honey and Lemon Juice Remedy for Pore Tightening
How to prepare honey and lemon juice face mask for open pores
The combination of honey and lemon juice is one of the most effective face packs to treat open pores. All you need to do is to combine 1 tbsp honey, half tbsp lemon juice and a little pinch of sugar. Massage your face with this mixture and let it sit for 5-6 minutes. Use luke warm water to wash it off. Repeat 2-3 times in a week.
Lemon juice has natural astringent properties, which helps in shrinking pores. The anti bacterial properties of lemon juice help to clear up acne, blackheads and whiteheads. It also helps to draw out the impurities from the pores. Honey also has anti bacterial properties which help to maintain a healthy skin. Sugar helps in exfoliating. It contains glycolic acid, which cleanses off the pores beautifully.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Pore Size
How to use apple cider vinegar in face packs to treat open pores
Take a bowl and mix apple cider vinegar and water in 1:1 ratio. Apply this on the face with a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse off. Repeat everyday to see positive results.
Apple cider vinegar has natural astringent properties. It tightens the pores and restores skin’s natural pH balance. Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which are very effective to treat acne and breakouts.
10. Cucumber Juice and Lemon Juice Face Pack
Steps to prepare cucumber juice and lemon juice face pack to treat open pores
- It is one of the simplest face packs to treat open pores. Take half of a cucumber and remove the skin. Grate it and squeeze out the juice from grated cucumber. Collect the juice in a bowl and add few drops of lemon juice to it. Mix well and apply it over the open pores. Let it dry naturally and wash off with cold water. Repeat 2-3 times in a week to see good results.
- Alternatively, add few drops of rose water in cucumber juice and dab it on the face. Wait for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off. Repeat regularly to see visible changes in your pore size.
Both cucumber juice and lemon juice has natural astringent properties. They work together to close the pores and improve the overall texture of the skin. Cucumber juice also works as an anti aging ingredient whereas, lemon juice deeply cleanses the skin and keep it acne free.
11. Aloe Vera Gel Remedy for Pore Tightening
How to use aloe vera gel in face packs to treat open pores
Try to get hold of fresh and natural aloe vera gel and apply it directly on the skin where you have maximum open pores. Massage for few minutes and then let it sit for another few minutes. Use cold water to rinse it off and repeat daily.
Aloe vera helps in shrinking large pores and also clears dirt and impurities. It also moisturizes the skin, nourishes it and keeps it healthy and beautiful.
12. Oatmeal Face Packs to Treat Open Pores
How to use oatmeal face packs to get rid of open pores
- Put some uncooked oatmeal in blender and make oatmeal powder. Take a bowl and mix a teaspoon of oatmeal powder with required amount of rose water to make a thick paste. Apply on the face and massage for 2-3 minutes. Let it sit for another ten minutes and then rinse off with cold water. Repeat 1-2 times in a week.
- Alternatively, you can make a paste by mixing oatmeal powder with some tomato juice and apply it on the affected areas of the face. Let it dry naturally and wash off with plain water. Repeat once in a week. Be careful not to over use this face pack as it can have a drying affect on the skin.
- In a bowl, take 2 tbsp oatmeal, 2 tbsp milk powder and some honey. Mix together to prepare a thick paste. Apply on the open pores directly and let it dry up naturally. Scrub it off while removing the face pack. Wash the face with cold water. Repeat twice in a week.
Oatmeal is a great exfoliator which helps in getting rid of all the impurities that block the pores. This way it cleanses the pores and help them shrink in size. Oatmeal is also a great absorbent, which rids the skin of excess oil. Tomato juice is a natural astringent which tones the skin and tightens the pores. Honey also has anti bacterial properties which help to maintain a healthy skin. Also, honey is a natural humectant, which means it absorbs moisture from the environment and lock it in the skin. Plus, the anti oxidant properties of honey protect the skin from free radical damages.
13. Use Corn Flour and Honey Face Pack to Tighten Pores
How to prepare corn flour and honey pore tightening face pack
Take 1 tsp of corn flour in a bowl and add few drops of honey and lemon juice. Mix together to make a paste. Apply all over the face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and wash off with plain water. This face pack has a tightening effect on the skin, which is why you should follow up with a hydrating toner and a light moisturizer.
Corn flour is a natural absorbent. When used on the skin, it helps in absorbing excess oil and helps in shrinking pores. Lemon juice has natural astringent properties, which helps in shrinking pores. The anti bacterial properties of lemon juice help to clear up acne, blackheads and whiteheads. It also helps to draw out the impurities from the pores.
14. DIY Sugar Scrub to Reduce Pore Size
How to prepare sugar scrub to treat open pores
- Homemade sugar scrubs are a great natural remedy to reduce pore size. Here is a simple recipe to prepare sugar scrub at home – Mix 2 tbsp sugar, one tbsp olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Gently massage it on the skin for 20 to 30 seconds. Wash it off with fresh, cool water. Use it 1-2 times in a week to minimize the appearance of open pores.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a simple sugar scrub by mixing equal parts of honey and lemon juice and a little pinch of sugar. Massage your skin with the resultant mixture and let it sit for another 5-10 minute. Rinse off with plain water. Repeat 1-2 times in a week for a month and you will be happy with the result for sure.
Sugar is an excellent exfoliator for our skin. It can deep-cleanse our skin without being harsh. Sugar also contains glycolic acid which belongs to AHA family. We know that AHAs can provide chemical exfoliation which works even better when it comes to cleansing pores. Sugar scrubs deeply exfoliate the skin, remove the impurities and help in shrinking open pores.
15. Gram Flour and Olive Oil Face Pack to Minimize Open Pores
How to use gram flour and olive oil in face packs to treat open pores
Next on our list of face packs to treat open pores, comes this very effective gram flour face pack. In a bowl, take 1 tbsp gram flour, a pinch of turmeric, some yogurt and few drops of olive oil. Mix all the four ingredients together to prepare the face pack. Spread this over the skin, specially on those areas where you have maximum open pores and let it dry naturally. Wash off with cold water. Repeat 2-3 times in a week to reduce the pore size.
Gram flour has a skin tightening effect. This gram flour face pack helps in shrinking pore size as well as takes off all the dullness from the face. The exfoliating properties of yogurt and gram flour eliminates the dirt and impurities from the skin and makes the skin fresh and glowing.
16. Use Baking Soda to Tighten Pores Naturally
How to use baking soda in face packs to treat open pores
Simply make a paste by combining 2 tbsp baking soda and enough water. Apply it on the face and massage gently. Rinse off with fresh, cool water. Repeat this process daily for a week and then, reduce the frequency to 3-4 times in a week for few months to minimize the appearance of pore size. Baking soda is slightly harsh and can hurt the skin if massaged vigorously. So, make sure to be careful while massaging it on the skin.
Check – This is How I use Baking Soda to Get Rid of Pimples
Baking soda is a powerful exfoliant for our skin. It helps in removing dirt, dead skin cells and excess oil from the skin. Thus, it deeply cleanses the pores and minimizes their size. Plus, it can also maintain the natural pH balance of the skin and keeps acne and pimples at bay, thanks to its anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties.
These are our top 16 homemade face packs to treat open pores naturally. All these face packs are easy to make and can help you to say good bye to the ugly looking open pores. However, like any other home remedies, these ones also need time to show result. Do try any of these face packs to treat open pores, have some patience and you are bound to get excellent result 🙂