Makeup is like a girl’s best friend. We all love doing makeup, don’t we? Actually, makeup has become a part of our daily life. All of us do at least some basic makeup every day. And there is wedding invitations, parties, family get together, hanging out with friends etc etc. Wherever we go, all of us secretly wish to be the best among all, be it style or fashion wise or looks wise. Makeup when done beautifully brings out our inner diva. So lets check Easy Ways to Make Summer Makeup Last Long
Prepping your face to make Summer Makeup last long
- Makeup not only melts away because of heat and sweat. But the oil and dirt on our face are also responsible. So before applying makeup, wash the face with a cleanser that will get rid of all the oil, dirt and grime from face.
- Regular exfoliation is also vital to make our summer makeup last long. Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells and makes skin smooth. Makeup always looks better on a smooth skin. Exfoilate at least twice a week.
- Also don’t ignore your lips. Exfoliating your lips is very important to make lipstick stay longer. Apply some petroleum jelly on the lips and rub them gently with a baby toothbrush. It will scrub off the dead skin cells from your lips and moisturize them too.
Base to make Summer Makeup last long
- Once you are don e washing your face, spray some rose water and let it air dry.
- Apply primer all over your face and the eyes. Primer is very important to hold the makeup in place all day long especially during summer.
- Next cover your blemishes with a liquid concealer and get a good quality mineral based matte foundation for your face. Avoid liquid foundation in summer as it will feel heavy on the skin and melt off easily in the heat and sweat. Cover your neck and ears too in order to avoid dual tone.
- You can also swap your foundation with a BB or CC cream (preferably the one with SPF). If your skin is on drier side, mix some moisturizer with the BB or CC cream. Set your base makeup using a translucent powder.
Eye makeup to make Summer Makeup last long
- Applying primer on the eyes helps the eye shadow to stay in its place and keep the overall eye makeup intact for longer period. Powdered eye shadows are best for summer, especially if you have oily lids, because powdered eye shadows don’t slip off easily.
- If you prefer wearing eye liner, choose a good quality waterproof eye liner with quick dry formula. Avoid kajal if your under eye area tends to sweat heavily. Or choose a long wearing, smudge proof kajal.
- Now coming to the mascara, dust some translucent powder over your lashes before applying mascara. It will make your mascara last long. Opt for a water-resistant, long wearing mascara. Alternatively, apply a coat of clear/transparent mascara over your regular black one to seal the makeup.
Blush to make Summer Makeup last long
- Choose a creamy blush for summer. Shades like light pink or nude blushes are best for summer as they make you look fresh and natural in the hot sultry weather of summer. If you don’t want to use blush, apply a little bronzer on your cheeks, chin, nose and forehead. Make it subtle and very light for a lovely glow on the face.
Lips to make Summer Makeup last long
- Before putting lipstick, apply some foundation to make your lip makeup stay longer. Mix one or two drop of moisturizer with your foundation, it will keep the lips hydrated. Outline the lips with lip liner (same color as your lipstick) and then fill your lips with the same. Finally apply lipstick. Pick one of those ‘long staying formula’ lipsticks available in the market. Matte is best for summer. But if you like glossy ones, just blot it once you are done with applying lipstick.
- In case you don’t want to apply lipstick, use the tinted lipbalms, preferably with SPF. These lipbalms are great for daytime in summer.
Keep in mind to make Summer Makeup last long
- Don’t rush while applying makeup. Take your time. Wait for at least couple of minutes before applying each layer. This will let the makeup set in a better way.
- Once your makeup is done, spray some face mist or makeup setting spray to seal the makeup for hours.
- Set your hair properly. Make sure your hair isn’t falling off on your face, because it plays a major role in taking off the makeup.
- Do not touch your face too often.
- Keep a makeup sponge in your bag to smooth away any creases that develop. Also carry blotting papers to remove excess oil from face. Don’t rub, just blot.
These tips will certainly help to keep your makeup fresh and pretty for hours when the weather is warm. So just follow them and you will see looking glamorous is not that difficult, yes even in sultry summer days 🙂