Easy & Effective DIY Lip Scrub for a Super-Smooth Pout – Sugar and spice, our lip scrubs are made of all things nice! Lets learn how to make Easy & Effective DIY Lip Scrub for a Super-Smooth Pout. The harsh sun and the pollution in the air can really make that lovely pout of yours dry and rough. He’s not complaining, but just as you don’t like being nuzzled with his stubble, he doesn’t like those pokey lips either. Balms and gels are not helping. And you are desperate! What you need is a lip scrub. Wait!! Don’t go rushing to the store to buy one instead make a delicious DIY sugar scrub for lips at home. The scrub, because it uses only natural products, exfoliates gently, removing the dry and rough skin on top. It reveals soft, supple and moist skin underneath and also helps you get pink lips naturally. Lets check out how to whip up an Easy & Effective DIY Lip Scrub for a Super-Smooth Pout.
Easy & Effective DIY Lip Scrub for a Super-Smooth Pout
Ingredients to make DIY Sugar Scrub
- Brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut oil (organic) – 1 tablespoon
- Honey (organic) – 1 tablespoon
- The above mentioned ingredients also have many other skin care benefits and hence can be used as facial scrub.
- You will also need a small glass (or plastic) container with a lid. You can also recycle an empty pot of lip balm. Ransack your kitchen for a bowl and a spoon to mix everything.
Are you Ready to Learn Easy & Effective DIY Lip Scrub for a Super-Smooth Pout?
Start with the Base
- Put the coconut oil and honey in the bowl and stir it until it is well-mixed and thick.
- Make sure the coconut oil is not too liquid when you start.
- If you think it’s runny, put the oil in the refrigerator for a bit before starting.
- Now add the two tablespoons of brown sugar to this base.
- Mix it thoroughly until it forms a paste.
- You can add more or less sugar depending on how scrubby you want the mix to be.
Store Your Lip Scrub
Understand that a homemade lip scrub will not last as long as a commercially produced one because it lacks preservatives, which is the reason for making it yourself in the first place, right?
- So, make small batches
- Transfer the lip scrub into the recycled lip balm container.
- Label and date it so you know which batch needs to be used first.
- Refrigerate it. This will keep your lip scrub fresh for longer.
Getting Ready to Use the Lip Scrub
Your DIY sugar scrub is now ready to use.
- Remove the lip scrub from the fridge for a bit before you use it.
- Apply a generous amount on your lips.
- Scrub firmly but gently in a circular way.
- You might want to bend over the sink as this does get messy.
- Keep the yummy scrub on your lips for about 1-2 minutes.
- Gently remove it with a warm soft cloth.
- Soothe your lips with a balm.
The advantage of using this DIY sugar scrub in summer is two-fold. First, the coconut oil and honey nourishes and heals damaged skin. And the brown sugar, a wonderful natural exfoliant, is far gentler than other products.To prevent sun damage always use trusted cosmetics. We suggest the Olay lip balm that moisturises and also protects from the sun. Let us know if you liked the Easy & Effective DIY Lip Scrub for a Super-Smooth Pout.
Tell us in the comments below 🙂