Hello head-turners 🙂 Today I am going to share How to Brighten Skin Naturally ? This is my first DIY (Do it yourself) post. Having unleashed my barrage of barbs on chemical-laden skin care products myriad times, I wondered why not concoct a 100% natural DIY that is not only pocket-friendly but also efficacious? I headed straight to my pantry and began groping for ingredients to begin with my mission. Since all of us would want to flaunt glowing skin with that prepossessing pink undertone, I wondered why not use something that itself has that pink tone like- roses? But to my misfortune, I didn’t have roses and even if I had them, who’d keep it in their kitchen? And then my eyes fell on those tender, juicy and delectable fruit that met my requirement. It was none other than strawberries 🙂 Without further ado, let me straightaway begin with the DIY that I whipped – How to Brighten Skin Naturally ?
- Strawberries– 2 would be sufficient
- Rose water/Gulabjal– Any brand would be apt as long as it is vegan and entirely organic. I prefer Divya Gulabjal
- Curd/yogurt– 1-2 tbsp would be apt
- Rose petals powder– I would recommend Etheric rose petals powder
In a clean and dry container, add 1-2 tbsp of curd.
Add 2 strawberries to it and mash them well using a spoon/fork. Mix them till the strawberries are perfectly pureed.
Add a tbsp. of Etheric rose petals powder
Add a tbsp. of gulaabjal and mix well.
Finally, your DIY is ready to be used. Apply it generously all over your face and neck. Wash off after 10 minutes. Pat dry and apply a moisturizer/emollient to seal in the moisture.
DIY Packs to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
DIY How to Make Rose Water at Home
Coconut and Rice Water Facial Toner DIY Video
- Strawberries- They are wondrous cleansers which are rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, salicylic acid and exfoliants. They also contain ellagic acid which protects the skin from suns noxious UV rays thereby delaying aging.
- Gulabjal/rose water- It is an excellent toner which not just closes skins pores but also gives a fresh and clean look.
- Curd- Curd is enriched with Lactic acid which aids removal of tan and sorts out sallow complexion.
- Rose petals powder- They help in soothing inflamed skin while adding a calming aroma to the DIY.
Hope you liked my DIY.. Do try it out and let me know the result 🙂 Thanks for reading 🙂
I will try this rose petal powder. Thanks!
You’re welcome. It’s a wondrous product both for one’s hair as well as skin 🙂
Nice one…a much needed quick fix
Thank you so much. It does work wonders 🙂