13 Best Homemade Papaya Face Pack Recipes for Smooth & Radiant Skin – Papaya is not only a great choice to stay healthy, but it can give us amazing skin as well. Homemade papaya face packs are a great way to solve most of our skin concerns and fulfill our ‘skin goal’. Papaya face pack can give us glowing skin, treat acne, help with skin whitening, remove sun tan and pigmentation as well. It is a super food for our skin. All the skin benefits of papaya can be attributed to the presence of the enzyme known as ‘papain’. Apart from that, papaya is a great source of potassium which is essential to get rid of dull, dry and dehydrated skin. Furthermore, papaya face masks are easy to make and don’t need too much effort.
Check – 21 Amazing Benefits of Papaya for Skin, Hair and Health
Before we share our top DIY papaya face pack recipes, lets first find out why it is good for our skin.
Benefits of Papaya for Our Skin
- The ‘papain’ enzyme present in papaya is a protein dissolving enzyme. It exfoliates the skin gently but effectively, and also removes the layer of dead skin cells.
- Papain also helps to unclog pores and clear up the dirt and impurities that block the pores.
- Papaya is known for its skin lightening properties, thanks to the presence of enzymes. The enzymes, along with the AHA and BHA, help to clear up the skin and then remove pigmentation, patchy skin, acne marks etc.
- Along with papain, papaya contains another enzyme known as chymopapain, and both of these come with anti viral, anti fungal and anti bacterial properties. These two enzymes play a vital role in getting rid of acne.
- The anti inflammatory properties of papaya help to heal damaged skin and reduce the redness and swelling of acne.
- Papaya comes with lycopene which has anti oxidant properties. It fights off free radicals and protect the skin from various damages including premature aging.
- Also, the beta carotene in papaya helps in boosting cell regeneration which leads to healthy, spotless skin.
- Papaya has Vitamin B and C in it, which aid in controlling excess sebum secretion.
- The Vitamin A in papaya also helps to get rid of dark spots and give clearer skin.
- Vitamin C boosts collagen production and keep the skin firm and supple, while the flavonoids in papaya heal damaged skin effectively.
- Papaya is a rich source of potassium which helps in repairing dry, dull and damaged skin.
Best Homemade Papaya Face Pack Recipes
So, you have seen that papaya comes loaded with impressive benefits for our skin. You can also enjoy all these benefits by using homemade papaya face packs. Below you will find the most effective but simple homemade papaya face pack recipes.
1. Honey and Papaya Face Pack for Acne Control
Nothing bothers us as much as seeing an acne/pimple popping up on the cheek or forehead! We have already discussed that papaya has anti acne benefits, thanks to the anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti viral properties of papain and chymopapain enzymes. When added with honey, the mixture becomes a powerful one to combat acne and pimples. Honey has powerful anti bacterial and anti septic properties, which fight off the ugly acne and pimples and give us a healthy, beautiful skin.
Check – How to Remove Dark Circles using Honey
How to prepare honey and papaya face pack to treat acne
- Take 4-5 papaya chunks and then put them in the blender. Add in 2-3 tsp raw, organic honey and blend together to get a smooth, lump free paste. Spread an even layer on the skin and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with luke warm water. Repeat daily.
- Cut 1/4th of a ripe papaya into small pieces. Put them in the blender and add in a tbsp of raw honey and few drops of lemon juice. Mix together to prepare your anti acne papaya face pack. Next, take steam to open up the skin pores and then spread an even layer of this face pack on the face. Let it sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with luke warm water. Follow up with a chilled toner to close the pores. Repeat 1-2 times in a week.
2. Banana and Papaya Face Pack for Combination Skin
Taking care of combination skin is not an easy task. Combination skin means part of the skin is dry and the rest is oily. Therefore, getting a perfect face pack for combination skin is quite difficult. This banana and papaya face pack, which also includes multani mitti, is one of the best DIY face packs for combination skin. While banana and papaya takes care of the dry and dull parts of the skin, multani mitti also helps to get rid of the excess oiliness from the face.
How to prepare banana and papaya face pack for combination skin
Put 5-6 ripe papaya chunks in the blender and make papaya pulp. Cut one ripe banana in to small pieces. Prepare banana pulp by putting these pieces in the blender. Mix together the papaya and banana pulp and add a tbsp of multani mitti and some rose water. Combine everything nicely and then prepare your papaya face pack. Apply an even layer on both face and neck and wait for 20-30 minutes. Once the face pack dries completely, use fresh, cool water to rinse it off. Repeat once in a week.
3. Treat Pigmentation with Papaya Face Pack
This is one of the most awesome benefits of using papaya face pack. The skin whitening ability of papaya can be attributed largely to the presence of papain enzyme, which dissolves the layer of dead skin cells and reveals naturally glowing and smooth skin. The vitamins present in papaya help in nourishing the skin from within and enhance the complexion. Often, skin loses its moisture and looks dull and dark. Papaya can also help us with that as well. It has high amount of potassium in it which repairs the dryness and dullness of the skin and then restore its natural glow.
Check – 14 Most Effective Oatmeal Face Pack for Skin Whitening
How to use papaya for anti pigmentation treatment
- Cut a medium sized ripe papaya and cut it into small chunks. Grate the chunks and then extract the juice from the grated papaya. Apply the juice directly on the skin, specially on the affected parts. Let it dry naturally and then wash off with plain water. Repeat this treatment once or twice every day.
- Prepare some papaya pulp by blending 3-4 papaya chunks. Take 2 tbsp papaya pulp and then add a tbsp each of milk and organic honey. Mix together and apply the resultant mixture all over the face. Wait till it dries completely and then rinse off with luke warm water. Repeat twice in a day – once in the morning and once in at night before going to bed to get rid of pigmentation naturally.
4. Egg White and Papaya Face Pack for Pore Tightening
Egg white is known for its skin tightening properties, which is why, it is commonly used to tighten pores. Furthermore, topical application of egg white can remove the excess oil from the face and thus, reduces the chances of clogged pores and breakouts. It contains high amount of proteins and minerals, which come very handy in repairing damaged tissues, hydrating and moisturizing the skin. The proteins in egg white play a vital role in boosting cell regeneration and maintain skin elasticity. Egg white has anti inflammatory properties, due to the presence of riboflavin. It helps in preventing cellular damage and repairing damaged skin cells. The anti oxidant properties of egg white along with its astringent properties help the skin to stay taut and wrinkle free. Papaya also has anti oxidant properties in it, which helps to prevent saggy skin.
How to prepare egg white and papaya face pack to tighten pores
Take 5-6 papaya cubes and put them in the blender. Prepare papaya pulp. Take it out and add in one whisked egg white. Mix both the ingredients nicely and apply the mixture on the face and neck. Allow it to sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with fresh water. Repeat once in a week.
5. Multani Mitti and Papaya Face Pack to Treat Breakouts
Multani mitti has skin soothing properties. It helps in calming down irritated skin. Moreover, multani mitti improves blood circulation and boosts the healing process of damaged skin. Also, multani mitti is known for its wonderful absorbing properties. It absorbs the toxins and impurities from the skin and helps in clearing up acne and pimples. It also helps in removing the excess oil and dead skin cells from the skin surface, thus, reduces the chance of blocked pores and acne breakouts.
Check – Surprising Benefits of Eggplant or Brinjal for Skin, Hair and Health
How to prepare multani mitti and papaya face pack to combat breakouts
Put few small cubes of papaya in a blender to prepare papaya pulp. Add a tbsp each of multani mitti and honey to it and blend again. Apply the resultant mixture on the face. Keep it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Repeat twice or thrice in a week.
6. Remove Sun Tan with Vitamin E and Papaya Face Pack
Vitamin E is known for its skin lightening properties. It nourishes the damaged skin from within and restore its natural color and radiance. Vitamin E is a powerful anti oxidant, which can reverse the damage by speeding up the healing process of damaged skin. It promotes cell growth and delays the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
How to prepare papaya and vitamin E face pack to remove sun tan
Prepare papaya pulp by blending few small cubes of a ripe papaya. Take out couple of tsp papaya pulp and add the oil from two vitamin E capsules and few drops of rose water. Mix everything well. Apply the face pack all over the face. Allow it to dry naturally. Wash off with fresh water. Repeat twice in a week to get clear skin.
7. Papaya and Orange Face Pack for Oily Skin
This is one of the best papaya face packs to treat oily skin. We know that oily skin is prone to breakouts. Papaya has anti bacterial and anti fungal benefits, which help in keeping the skin free from acne and pimples. Orange juice has astringent properties, which help in controlling excess oil production from the sebaceous glands. The high amount of vitamin C in orange juice help in improving complexion.
How to prepare papaya and orange face pack for oily skin
Cut one ripe papaya in small chunks. Mash them together or put them in a blender to prepare papaya pulp. Add some orange juice and mix both of them together. Apply it on the face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with fresh water and repeat twice in a week.
8. Papaya and Strawberry Face Pack to Fight Acne and Acne Scars
Strawberries are amazing for our skin. They are loaded with vitamin C, polyphenols and AHA. Vitamin C boosts collagen production and improves skin texture to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Furthermore, the AHA helps in getting rid of the dead skin cell layers and reduces the chance of blocked pores which can lead to acne otherwise. In fact, strawberries are rich source of salicylic acid, which is known for its acne fighting properties. And it does not end here. Strawberries also contain omega-3 fatty acids that help in lightening acne scars and boost our complexion.
How to prepare papaya and strawberry face pack to fight acne and acne scars
In a blender, put 5-6 ripe papaya chunks, 3-4 fresh strawberries and a tsp of fresh lemon juice. Blend together until you get a smooth paste. Apply an even layer of the face pack on the face and then let it sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with luke warm water. Repeat daily.
9. Papaya and Avocado Face Pack for Glowing Skin
Avocado is a rich source of vitamin, specially vitamin E, which has anti pigmentation benefits and make skin naturally radiant. It contains Vitamin A which is essential to treat dry and flaky skin. Vitamin A also helps to lighten dark spots and make the skin clear. It is also a great source of glutamine which has anti oxidant properties. Vitamin C and copper present in avocado boosts collagen production and help in maintaining the firmness of the skin and preserve its youthfulness. Avocado is a source of oleic acid, which is a mono saturated fatty acid and has wonderful moisturizing qualities. It helps to moisturize the skin and keep it soft and supple. Also, avocado contains glutathione, an anti oxidant component which can lower melanin levels in our skin, and lead to clearer complexion.
Check – 15 Surprising Benefits of Avocado for Skin, Hair and Health
How to prepare papaya and avocado face pack for glowing skin
Put half of a ripe avocado and few chunks of fresh papaya in a blender. Blend together and prepare a smooth paste. Apply this evenly on the face and allow it to sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with plain water and reapply once in a week.
10. Papaya and Turmeric Face Pack to Get Fair Skin
Turmeric is an age old remedy to get fair skin. One of the main causes for skin darkening is excessive melanin production. Melanin is the pigment which determines our skin color. The more melanin, the darker the skin tone gets. Turmeric can control melanin production and thus, helps to lighten the skin tone. Apart from melanin, sun damage is one of the main factors that cause skin darkening. Turmeric protects our skin from sun damage and helps to avoid pigmentation, dark spots as well as photo-aging.
How to prepare papaya and turmeric face pack to get fair skin
Blend few papaya chunks to get papaya pulp. Mix together papaya pulp and honey in 2:1 ratio. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix everything together. Apply the resultant mixture all over the face. Keep it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with plain water and reapply twice in a week.
11. Papaya and Aloe Vera Face Pack to Get Flawless Skin
Aloe vera is one of the best natural treatment to get flawless skin. Its has anti bacterial and anti microbial properties that help in getting rid of acne and pimples. The anti inflammatory properties of aloe vera reduce the swelling and the redness of acne as well as promote faster healing of the skin. The anti oxidant properties of aloe vera also help to repair and prevent oxidative damage, due to free radicals. It has amazing moisturizing properties and natural power to rejuvenate the skin. Aloe vera keeps the skin hydrated without making it oily.
Check – How to use Pomegranate to get Flawless Skin
How to prepare aloe vera and papaya face pack to get flawless skin
Cut one ripe papaya in small chunks. Mash them together or put them in a blender to prepare papaya pulp. To the papaya pulp, add one tsp sandalwood powder, some fresh aloe vera gel and required amount of rose water. Mix together to make a smooth paste. Apply on the face and then let it sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with fresh water. Repeat twice or thrice in a week.
12. Papaya Face Packs for Natural Bleach
Many of us use bleaching as a method to lighten facial hair and enhance our complexion. But most of the time we apply chemical bleaches which end up damaging our skin. Chemical bleaches can cause redness, irritation, itching on the skin and if not done properly, they can even burn the skin. Hence, I would suggest you to opt for natural bleaching and papaya can help you with that. It contains enzymes as well as AHA and BHA, which work together to give you bright and clear complexion. The papain enzyme present in papaya breaks down the hair follicles and thus, slows down hair regrowth. There are several ways to use papaya in a homemade bleaching mask –
How to use papaya as a natural bleach
- Blend together few chunks of raw papaya and then add half tsp turmeric powder to that. Mix together both the ingredients and spread an even layer on the face. Gently massage the face for couple of minutes and let it sit on the skin for another 15-20 minutes. Use plain water to wash off. Reapply once in a week. This natural facial bleaching mask will not only enhance the complexion, but it will also help to lighten the appearance of facial hair.
- Mash together few papaya chunks and add 1-2 tsp of fresh pineapple juice to the mashed papaya. Mix together and then apply it all over the face and neck. Moreover, if you have sensitive skin, add some milk to the mixture of papaya and pineapple juice. Allow it to sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes and then, wash off with plain water. Repeat once in a week for best results.
- Mix together a tbsp each of papaya pulp and mustard oil. Add 2-3 tbsp aloe vera gel, 1/2 tsp gram flour and a pinch of turmeric. Again combine everything and then apply the resultant mixture on the face. Let it dry naturally. Take a clean and dry cloth and then rub it on the skin to the opposite direction of the hair growth. Remove the residue with fresh water.
13. Honey, Yogurt and Papaya Face Pack for Beautiful Skin
This is an all in one papaya face pack for overall healthy and gorgeous skin. It contains yogurt, honey, lemon juice and egg white, along with papaya. Yogurt is a great moisturizer for our skin, and along with that, it also offers skin lightening and brightening benefits. Honey is a natural humectant that keeps the skin hydrated and it also has anti bacterial properties to keep acne and pimples at bay. In fact, lemon juice has astringent properties for excess oil control, as well as significant bleaching properties. Egg white helps with skin tightening and dead skin cells removal, to give you healthy and firm skin.
How to prepare
Take 2 tsp of mashed papaya in a bowl. Add a tsp each of honey, yogurt and lemon juice. Also, add one whisked egg and then finally mix everything together. Apply it on the face and neck and then wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with luke warm water. Repeat once in a week.
These were few very effective homemade papaya face pack recipes that cater to different skin concerns and different skin types. Hope you found the article helpful, stay tuned for more 🙂