10 Best Hair Growth Oils in India – Hair is a vital part of our looks. Over time, it even becomes our identity. Everyone loves to flaunt healthy long beautiful hair, but lack of hair growth troubles many of us. That’s why here is a list of 10 best hair growth oils for you. Oiling is a traditional way of taking care of our hair. But the modern lifestyle often does not leave us with enough time to oil our hair. Some of us even deliberately avoid oiling our hair due to the annoying sticky feeling. However, oiling our hair is important because it helps to deal with hair problems like dandruff, dry hair, split ends, etc. Lack of hair growth can also be solved by using the right hair growth oils. If you are not sure which one to pick, check this list of 10 best hair growth oils.
Check – Nature Sure Haul | Castor Oil, Black Seed Oil, Anti Acne Cream and More
Before we begin with our list of the 10 best hair growth oils in India, lets first check out why hair growth stops.
Reasons why Hair Growth Stops –
- Irregular Trimming – Most of the time when we want to grow our hair long, we don’t go for regular trimming. But still our hair don’t seem to grow at all. According to hair experts, each hair strand grows to a maximum length. After reaching that length, the ends of our hair do not grow any longer and often starts to break which we call split ends. Regular trimming is effective to get rid of the split ends and allow our hair to grow once again.
- Hair Breakage – This is one of the major causes of why our hair growth stops. Hair breakage can also be the result of frequent hair washing, lack of conditioning, hair styling, using hot tools, wrong technique of brushing, etc. Experts say that our hair grows about 0.5 inch each month and if it keeps on breaking at about the same rate, you will never notice any hair growth.
- Age – Aging is one of the factors that interferes with our hair growth rate. As we age, our hair start to get weaker. According to studies, the biology of our hair can change over time and it can have a direct impact on our hair growth. For example, if anyone has 5 years of anagen period (the growth period of hair), it means a single hair strand will grow continuously for 5 years and then it will enter resting phase and will stop growing. But with our age, this anagen period starts to get shorter. In fact, our hair strands grow for less amount of time before it enters the resting period. So this is the reason why we notice almost no hair growth as we age.
- Genetics – We all have our own hair growth cycle phase. It means that, there is a certain length that our hair strands can reach before being cut. This growth phase determines the length of our hair. Now this is a genetic issue. Some people have short growth phase of hair which they inherit from their parents. On the other hand, some has long phase of hair growth and unlike the first category, they face no problem in growing long hair.
- Stress – Stress does no good to our health, skin and our hair. If a person is going through a period of stress for a long time, it disturbs our hair’s normal growth cycle and as a result, our hair growth stops all together.
- Improper Diet – Our hair growth largely depends on what we eat. According to experts, the right amount of ferritin, zinc and vitamin B12 should be present in our daily diet along with adequate amount of iron and protein for better hair growth and to prevent brittle hair.
These were the most common factors that can cause our hair growth to stop. As we have already said, hair growth oil are one of the best solutions to restore our hair health. But how would you know that which hair oil would be able to curb your hair loss and promote hair growth? Lets quickly check out the qualities that good hair growth oils must have.
Qualities of a Good Hair Growth Oil
- The hair oil should be herbal and must not be loaded with chemical products.
- It must include quite a number of ayurvedic ingredients, because they are the best medicines for hair growth.
- A good hair growth oil should not only initiate hair growth, but it also should be able to arrest hair fall. The reason being if your hair falls at the same rate as it used to, then you won’t be able to notice any hair growth even if the hair oil you are using is actually boosting the growth of your hair.
- Also, make sure the hair oil should also aids in hair regrowth. Hair regrowth means the growth of new hair from the follicles. Unless hair regrowth happens, the hair thinning issue will not be solved. So its important for a hair growth oil to support hair regrowth.
- A good hair growth oil should condition the hair and also the scalp. This way, it ensures that hair strands do not get dry and prevent brittle hair. This in turn, helps to avoid hair breakage due to dryness.
- Before getting any hair growth oil, check the ingredient list. It must include ingredients like bhringraj, hibiscus, brahmi, amla, rosemary, etc.
List of 10 Best Hair Growth Oils in India
Lets check out this list of 10 best hair growth oils that are available in Indian market.
1. Morpheme Remedies 7 Ultra Hair Oils
Price : Rs.549/- for 100 ml
What it Claims
Morpheme Remedies 7 Ultra Hair Oils is a concoction of 7 amazing oils – Amla Oil (Emblica officinalis) 20%, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) 15%, Castor Oil (Ricinus communis) 15%, Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) 15%, Olive Oil (Olea europaea) 15%, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chimesis) 10%, Walnut Oil (Juglans regia) 10%.
Amla oil is rich in vitamin C and minerals it helps prevents thinning, premature graying and promotes hair growth. Almond oil contains vitamin A, E, and it also smoothens hair cuticles, which in turn helps to control hair fall and adds luster to damaged hair. This hair growth oil also contains castor oil to hydrate hair and makes it smooth and shiny. Coconut oil in it is rich in minerals and proteins. It moisturizes hair, helps reverse hair damage and keeps scalp free from flakes.
Check – Does Hibiscus Flower Reduce Itchiness in Scalp
Morpheme Remedies hair growth oil has Olive oil in it which is rich in antioxidants and minerals. Olive oil helps nourish hair roots, promotes hair growth and fights dandruff. Jojoba oil helps to retain moisture and nutrients within the hair and thus, preventing hair loss and protecting the hair and scalp from external damage. Walnut oil in this hair growth oil is rich in potassium which helps to grow hair stronger and healthier.
How to Use
Apply oil on tip of your fingers and rub it gently on the base of your hair enabling it to penetrate in to the roots of your hair. Leave it overnight or for few hours. Wash with your regular Shampoo or prefer a natural shampoo.
2. Satthwa Premium Hair Oil
Next on our list comes this one. Satthwa hair oil is one of the best hair growth oils that you will get in Indian market currently.
Price : Rs.599/- for 100 ml
What it claims
Satthwa Premium Hair Oil is a blend of 9 different oils and it also contains Omega 6 and 9, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin K, Ricinoleic Acid, Lauric acid and Vitamin E. The 9 different oils that it contain are olive oil, castor oil, grape seed oil, Vitamin E oil, almond oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, amla oil and Emu oil. This is one of the best hair oil for men and women both. In fact, Satthwa was started by Prashant who himself had been fighting hair fall problems. When the ‘big brands’ didn’t work, after a lot of research, trial and error he came up with a good mix of certain oils that made a lot for difference to his hair.
Check – 15 Top Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin, Hair and Health
The omega 6 and 9 helps in controlling excess hair fall, while vitamin E promotes hair growth. Castor oil contains Ricinoleic Acid that slows down premature greying of hair. This hair growth oil contains extra virgin coconut oil not only promote hair growth, it prevents dandruff and makes hair thick. Amla oil, rich in Vitamin A and C, acts as a natural conditioner that minimizes hair loss and prevents graying. Grape seed oil, in this hair oil is high in antioxidants which promotes hair growth.
One of the best oil for hair growth, Satthwa hair oil has emu oil which acts as a fortifying agent for hair. It stimulate dormant hair follicles and help with new hair growth.
How to Use
Gently massage on your scalp for 3-4 minutes. Leave it overnight. Shampoo it off next morning. Apply twice in a week.
You can check Satthwa Premium Hair Oil Review here on the blog.
3. St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Hair Growth Oil
Price : Rs.1199/- for 200 ml
What it claims
A bit on the pricier side, but this one is definitely one of the best hair growth oils available in Indian market to boost hair growth and overall hair health. St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Hair Oil is lightweight and gets absorbed quickly. It is enriched with natural and pure oils, like Coconut, Jojoba, Almond, Castor, Olive, Moroccan Argan, Avocado, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Tulsi Oil, Vitamin E and extracts of Bhringraj, Brahmi, Amla, Shikaki, Methi and others.
One of the best hair growth oils, this St. Botanica hair oil contains Jojoba Oil that strengthen hair fibres and prevents hair loss. Moroccan Argan Oil in it effectively seals your hair cuticle. This hair oil also contains Sesame Oil that prevent Hair thinning and promotes healthy, lustrous hair full with volume. Grapeseed Oil in it provide nourishment to every hair strand and also locks the moisture in.
St. Botanica hair oil is one of the best hair oil for men and women both. It has rosemary oil in it for hair nourishment and hair growth. Castor Oil in it aids in preventing hair loss while coconut oil acts as a deep conditioner for both hair and scalp. Tea tree oil helps to keep scalp healthy and free from dandruff and other infections. This, in turn, allows the hair to grow longer and stronger.
How to Use
Apply a generous amount of oil on your scalp and hair and then massage gently in circular motion. Leave on for at least one hour before wash or overnight.
4. Biotique Bio Bhringraj Therapeutic Oil For Falling Hair
Bhringaraj is one of those amazing herbs that can help us with hair growth, and that’s why, this Bio Bhringaraj hair oil from the house of Biotique comes next on our list of best hair growth oils available in India.
Price : Rs.159/- for 120 ml, Rs.265/- for 200 ml
What it claims
Revered in the Ayurveda for its anti-ageing, calming, anti-oxidant and rejuvenating effects, Bhringraj is an essential ingredient in this one of the best oil for hair growth. This hair oil proves an effective remedy for treating alopecia and other causes of hair loss. One of the best hair oil for men and women, it also reduces greying, while strengthening your hair.
The Biotique Bio Bhringraj oil comes with the goodness of many other ingredients, like Amla, Tesu, Mulethi, Brahmi, Cow’s Milk and Goat’s Milk. All of these have been proven excellent for hair. Amla oil is known for its sleep-inducing properties, reducing premature greying, while Brahmi is known to stimulate hair growth. In fact, these oils, in combination with coconut oil in this hair growth oil, make an effective blend for nourishing your hair and curing major problems.
How to Use
Apply liberally to dry hair and also to scalp. Massage in gently with circular motions. Leave on for half an hour. Rinse well with water.
5. Khadi Natural Henna & Rosemary Herbal Hair Oil
Price : Rs.300/- for 210 ml
What it claims
Khadi hair oil infused with henna and rosemary promise to enhance the shine and growth of the hair. This rosemary and henna hair growth oil can reverse hair loss by promoting hair growth even in balding scalps. One of the best oil for hair growth, it also prevents hair fall. The oil does not contain paraben and mineral oil.
Check – 15 Top Benefits of Amla and Uses that You Should Know
The henna in the Khadi henna and rosemary oil makes hair soft, lustrous, and manageable. The oil also prevents inflammation and acts as an anti-oxidant. It also kills infection, leading to an overall enhancing effect on the health of the scalp. The natural ingredients (Henna Extract, Rosemary, Shikakai, Neem, Bhringraj & Amla) in this best hair growth oils improve the bounce and volume of the oil. It has a purifying effect on both the scalp and the hair.This natural hair oil keeps the scalp free of dandruff and infections. It is one of the best hair oil for both men and women and suitable for all hair types.
All Khadi products are tested on their purity, tested against harmful reactants, checked for balanced chemical composition and put through an alkali and fragrance test. Only products of the highest quality are passed.
How to Use
When applying the oil, part your hair and then apply it all over the scalp. Massage the scalp gently with fingers in a circular motion and then let it remain for an hour or more before washing. It can also be left in your hair overnight.
6. Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil
Price : Rs.234/- for 50 ml, Rs.432/- for 100 ml
What it claims
Indulekha Bringha Oil is an Ayurvedic proprietary medicine recommended to control hairfall, dandruff, etc. It is considered as one of the best oil for hair growth. The main USP of this hair growth oil is its ingredients and the special manufacturing procedure of the base oil. In fact, during the production of this hair oil, the Swethakutaja leaves are dipped in pure coconut milk oil (prepared by cold process technology). This prolonged blending process helps to extract the entire medicinal quality of the leaves and thus makes it an effective ingredient of Indulekha Bringha Oil. Lets check out the main ingredients of this hair growth oil and how they work –
- Svethakutaja – It has anti-inflammatory and anti-dandruff properties. Also known for its antimicrobial properties and hence also used for all types of psoriasis and dandruff.
- Aloe vera – Aloe vera contains enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and also conditions your hair. It rejuvenates the hair and give it more elasticity and prevents breakage.
- Neem – Provides anti-protozoal, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Neem also helps to treat hair and scalp and cleanse the scalp for healthy hair growth.
- Bringharaj – Helps to improve hair growth and color. Its extracts rejuvenates hair and keep the hair lustrous, dark and healthy. It also helps to nurture and condition hair.
- Amla – Richest source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. It helps in maintaining youthful hair color and prevents premature graying and strengthen hair follicles.
- Virgin Coconut Oil – Virgin coconut oil is extracted by the cold compression method. It is higher in vitamin content, antioxidants, minerals, fragrance and even the amount of protein.
How to Use
Open the bottle of Indulekha bringha oil and make around 1 mm hole on the inner cap. Attach the cap with needles to the bottle. Comb your hair to remove any tangles. Comb your hair from front to back by gently squeezing the bottle. Also make sure that the needles are in contact with your scalp. In a single squeeze, the needles will release around 0.5 – 0.8 ml of Indulekha Bringha Oil on your scalp. Repeat applying oil for at least 4 – 5 times to release the desired amount of oil on your scalp. Once the oil is applied, then massage your scalp using fingertips.
7. 10 Days Hair Oil
Price : Rs.1999/- for 100 ml
Next comes this revolutionary “10 Days Hair Oil” in our list of best hair growth oils. The price is again on the higher side, but it’s worth the investment. One of the best oil for hair growth, this one comes from the house of ‘Rathira Ayurveda’, and manufactured in Kerala, the capital of ayurvedic herbs.
What it claims
This powerful ayurvedic oil is a mix of 76 herbs which is essential to give best result on new hair growth. It is a handmade product with no side effects. One of the best hair oil for men and women both, it claims to control hair loss in 3 days and produces new hair growth in 10 days.
Check – How to Protect Hair Color from Fading
How to Use
- Apply oil gently all over the scalp. Rub your scalp with your nails. Focus & rub oil over hair loss areas.
- Massage your scalp for about 15 minutes, so that the oil is fully absorbed into scalp.
- Leave for 45 minutes to 1 hour time. Let the scalp absorb applied oil.
- After 45 minutes, wash your hair and scalp with water. Moreover, don’t use any shampoo or any other solution. Don’t use hot water.
- If your water is very salty, avoid using it for washing your hair. Use normal water only.
- After washing, your scalp will remain with oil layer. Just dry your hair gently with towel.
- Do not use hair dryer & hot water for hair wash, it is not good for scalp.
- Do not apply oil at night time. Use oil preferably during day time only.
- Also, do not use any other hair oil brand while you use ’10 days’ hair oil.
- Do not use shampoo daily for hair wash. Use shampoo only once in a week. Don’t apply oil on the shampoo used day.
8. Noor Secrets Herbal Hair Growth Oil
Price : Rs.999/- for 100 ml
What it claims
- All natural, all organic hair growth oil – It stimulates and nourishes hair follicles and scalp. In fact, one of the best hair growth oils for men and women both, this is designed to revitalize, strengthen and also protect the hair for stronger, thicker and long lasting hair.
- This hair growth oil is enriched with 23 herbs including pure coconut oil, bhringraja, curry leaves, amla, aloe vera and other herbs. Furthermore, it is also infused with Rosemary Oil that give best hair fall control, hair growth and also smells great.
- This Noor Secrets Hair Growth Oil is recommended for thinning hair, weak hair or hair loss including balding and receding hair.
- The oil is made in India, free from mineral oils and parabens. It is also manufactured under the highest quality FDA, GMP and NSF regulations. No preservatives or chemicals used.
- Not only will the Noor Secrets Organic hair growth oil helps hair growth but it also aids in getting stronger root, reduces split ends, fights dandruff and premature graying.
- Regular use gives soothing effect to head and eyes, helps reduce stress and also induces good sleep.
9. Kronokare Go A (Long) Way Growth Boosting Hair Oil
Price : Rs.285/- for 30 ml, Rs.745/- for 100 ml
What it claims
As we age, our hair follicles become lazier and need a boost of vitamins and nutrients in order to promote a healthy growth. This hair growth oil contains a unique blend of rosemary, ylang-ylang and also thyme essential oils to purify the scalp and promote the growth of new cells. Moreover, made with first pressed coconut oil, which is naturally rich in fatty acids and omegas, Kronokare Growth Boosting Hair oil can strengthen the hair follicles and ensure a long lasting growth.
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil , Canaga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil,Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Vitamin E.
How to use
Massage a generous amount of this hair growth oil directly onto your hair. To get to the root of the problem, pay attention to the scalp. Leave on for fifteen minutes. Now, rinse and then enjoy the show – the beginning of a chapter where your hair will grow, grow, grow.
10. Beardo Hair Growth Oil
We are going to conclude this list of top 10 hair growth oils available in India with this one.
Price : Rs.750/- for 50 ml
What it claims
This is one of the best hair oil for men as well as women. Not only hair, but this oil is effective for beard growth as well. This oil is a natural blend of hibiscus, amla, sesame and also coconut oil.
- Promotes hair and beard growth
- Makes beard smooth and frizz free
- Nourishes beard and facial hair
- Use twice daily to see best results
Regular oiling and cleansing will result in a healthy and full beard. Massage the oil into the scalp and then leave overnight. Wash your hair next morning and see the difference.
How to Use
- Pour a generous number of drops of the oil on your palms. Make sure you don’t overdo it!
- Run your hands through your beard and/or hair while massaging your scalp and skin. Rid your brain of all worries!
- Leave the oil overnight. Use a towel on your pillow if you are worried about stains.
- Wash your hair next morning and then style as you want! Beardo Hair Growth Oils helps your hair grow faster – naturally!
So, there you have a list of top 10 hair growth oils available in Indian market. Which one among these oils have you used so far? Share your experience with us. Also, don’t forget to let us know your favorite hair growth oils 🙂