Hello Beauties! Today my post is about Beauty Benefits of Alum. Alum is a kind of salt which is used for many household and medicinal purposes. Most of you must have seen the male members rubbing a block of alum on the face post shaving instead of using an after shave. There are so many Beauty Benefits of Alum which makes this a beauty treasure. Keep reading to find what are they.
Alum for Acne Treatment
Acne is every teenager’s nightmare and they spend a huge amount of money in trying different face packs to astringent and what not. Instead Alum can be used as it has anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties.
- Make your own skin toner by dissolving a block of alum in some water. Use a little water so that the mixture is in concentrated and not in diluted form. Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil and apply it on pimples using cotton. Do this several times a day to dry out acne.
- One can also replace tea tree oil with witch hazel but use only one fourth part of it compared to the alum water.
Alum for Oil reduction
One can dissolve a small block of alum in clean water and use it instead of plain water to clean the face. This helps in controlling the excessive oil production of the skin.
Alum for Anti aging
Now say goodbye to the costly anti age serums and replace them with an inexpensive block of alum, Alum can tighten your skin which means that it can treat fine lines and wrinkles.
- Wet a block of alum and apply it on semi dry skin post cleansing. If done regularly within some months the fine lines start diminishing.
Alum for Cracked Heels and smelly feet
Cracked heels can be painful and a big turn off for every woman. One can treat feet problems using alum.
- Mix Glycerin and alum in 1:2 ratio and apply to cracked heels every night before going to bed. One can even rub just a wet block of alum on the heel for similar effects.
- Prepare a foot soak using alum instead of bath sat and soak your feet into it for some time. This will obstruct the excessive perspiration of the feet and thus will give fresh feet all day long.
Check out ⇓
Alum for Insect bites and Itchiness
Make a concentrated solution of alum in water and using a dropper apply it on insect bites. Alum with its anti septic properties will fasten the healing process and prevent further infection too.
- Alum also helps to get rid of the itchiness caused by insect bites or rashes.
Alum for Excessive perspiration and underarm fairness
Smelly underarms are very uncomfortable especially in crowdy areas where one cannot even apply a roll or deodorant openly. Worry not because alum helps to control excessive perspiration.
- Use a wet block of alum and apply it on your underarms instead of using a roll on deodorant. This will prevent the excessive perspiration plus impart fairness to the underarms.
- For all day freshness simply mix powder alum in a mug of water and use it s your last rinse while bathing.
Alum for Mouthwash
Freshness of mouth is as important as cleanliness of other body parts. Alum has anti pyretic properties which helps to keep your mouth germ free and prevent bleeding gums. In fact germ free mouth means no foul smell the rest of the day.
- Soak a small block of alum in a glass of water to make a diluted solution and use it after meals as a mouth wash. This will impart freshness to your mouth like a mouth wash does.
Alum for Hair Removal
Depilatory creams are sparsely found in our country and the ones available are super costly. So make you own depilatory cream at home using an inexpensive block of alum.
- Simply soak alum in rose water and apply to the areas of excessive hair growth. Doing this consistently will retard the growth of hair over time.
Alum as Complexion lighter
Every fairness lover will be happy to know that alum can also make you fair. Instead of a toner or astringent use a apply a wet block of alum on the face post washing and follow up with your moisturizer once it dries up. Besides fairness it also acts upon open pores.
Alum to kill Lice
Nobody likes to be with a person who has lice as it is a sign of bad hygiene. Dissolve a small block of alum in water and add a few drops of any essential oil either lavender or tea tree oil. Apply this directly to the scalp and leave it overnight. Shampoo as usual the next morning. Doing this regularly will slowly kill the lice and other fungal infections on the scalp.
Alum as After Shave
Last but not the least since ages alum has been used as an after shave by men. There are many women who are equally fond of shaving so alum works for them too. Post hair removal rub wet alum to give soothing effect to the skin and close down the pores of the skin.
- For more soothing effect simply wet the alum in cold water and apply it on the skin. The astringent properties of alum will take care of your skin post hair removal.
That all girls! If you are also fond of alum then let us know how you use it 🙂
Thank you 🙂