11 Most Effective Natural Anti Aging Tips – Aging is a natural process and our skin is one of the most affected victim of aging. But homemade natural anti aging tips can prolong the beauty and youth of our skin. With aging, we starts to get wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles and patchy, uneven skin tone. Aging is a natural phenomenon and beyond our control, but what about aging signs? Yes, you cannot completely avoid wrinkles and lines, but you can, of course, keep these aging signs at bay by following some amazing natural anti aging tips at home. It’s a great compliment when somebody says ‘You look younger than your age’. And if you want to get this compliment frequently, check out our 11 most effective natural anti aging tips, that you can follow easily.
Check – How to make your Own Anti Aging Cream at Home
Below you will find out some of the most amazing and most effective natural anti aging tips, but before that let’s find out what does the term ‘Anti Aging’ means and some of the causes that make our skin age faster.
What is Anti Aging
The main aim of anti aging is to make the process of cell regeneration dominant over cell degeneration. Cell regeneration means when the existing cells are replaced with stronger ones, while degeneration means constant deterioration of the cells. So naturally the process of cell regeneration is anti aging while cell degeneration is nothing but aging.
Causes that Make our Skin Age Faster
While aging is a natural process, there are certain factors that can trigger aging at a premature age.
Smoking – Smoking, precisely cigarette smoking lead to the deficiency of Vitamin C which is an essential nutrient to keep our skin plump and youthful.
Sun Exposure – Sun exposure causes photo aging, which is again another type of premature aging. Frequent sun exposure without any protection can lead to formation of brown spots on the skin as well as make skin dry which further can result in wrinkles and lines.
Lack of Sleep – This is another cause of skin aging. It can cause dark circles under the eyes and saggy skin.
Alcohol – This is another culprit that causes aging of our skin.
Cold Weather – People who live in colder areas tend to get wrinkles, lines earlier than those who live in warmer conditions. The main reason of this is that cold weather makes skin dry and vulnerable for aging.
Sedentary Lifestyle – You may not believe it, but leading a lazy, laid back lifestyle can also cause your skin much earlier than expected. Sedentary lifestyle weakens the muscle and interrupts formation of new blood cells.
Stress – Stress not only affects our health in a negative way, but it does the same for our skin as well. Stress can make you look older!
Check – 25 Top Most Beautiful Women in the World
There are 2 types of aging – intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic aging is the changes that comes with aging and extrinsic aging is caused due to environmental factors and unhealthy lifestyle. In both types of aging, elastin and collagen, 2 vital types of protein tends to slow down and that’s why our skin starts to show different signs of aging such as wrinkles, lines, sagging skin, pigmentation and brown spots.
11 Most Effective Natural Anti Aging Tips
Below we have discussed some of the best natural anti aging tips that can address the common signs of aging and keep the skin healthy and youthful.
1. Anti Aging Treatment using Rice Flour
How to use Rice Flour
Take 1/4th cup of brown rice flour or rice bran flour. To this, add 2-3 tbsp unsweetened organic rice milk. Make a smooth paste and massage it on to the skin in gentle circular motion. Rinse off and follow up with a toner and moisturizer.
Why these anti aging tips using Rice Flour work
This rice milk and rice flour mix is a great anti aging facial cleanser. Rice is rich in vitamin E and it helps to exfoliate and make the skin smooth and supple. Rice milk is rich in vitamin A which is essential for retinol building. We all know that retinol is very important to stop premature aging of skin. Rice milk also delivers calcium to the skin. This is one of the best natural anti aging tips which is very popular in Japanese skin care.
Check – Innisfree Perfect 9 Repair Eye Cream
2. Anti Aging Remedy with Olive Oil
How to use Olive oil
Take a few drops of virgin olive oil in the palm and apply this on clean face and neck. Massage for 5-10 minutes in soft circular motion. Do this every night before going to bed and then wash off with water the next morning.
Why these natural anti aging tips work
Olive oil is known as one of the most effective natural anti aging tips which helps in getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines and also helps to tighten sagging skin. Olive oil is a rich source of vitamins, minerals and natural fatty acids which work together to nourish the skin from within. The vitamin A and E present in olive oil work as powerful anti oxidant that maintain the elasticity of the skin and keeps it hydrated.
3. Prevent Aging Skin with Coffee
How to use Coffee
Next on our list of best natural anti aging tips is coffee. In a bowl, take 1 tbsp coffee powder and then mix it with 1 tsp cocoa powder. To this add some coconut oil and mix everything to form a paste. Apply this on your face and neck and let it dry for 20-30 minutes. Remove it by gently scrubbing the paste off. This is one of the best anti aging tips and you can use this coffee mask 2-3 times a week for best results.
Why Coffee works as natural anti aging tips
We know that coffee is an amazing ‘wake me up’ drink. But coffee also has amazing anti aging properties. It is one of the biggest source of anti oxidant. The antioxidants and the caffeine molecule present in coffee helps to repair cell damage. They are also anti-inflammatory. Drinking coffee can provide anti-inflammatory benefits for our skin cells internally and topical application provides the same protection to the skin. Coffee can also help to reduce the appearance of fine lines, age spots and saggy skin.
4. Use Aloe Vera for Anti Aging
How to use Aloe Vera
- Fresh aloe vera gel works best for anti aging. Cut a leaf from aloe vera plant and extract the gel. Apply it on clean face and massage it for 5-10 minutes in circular motion. Let it stay on the face for another 15-20 minutes and wash off with luke warm water.
- Here is another anti aging tips using aloe vera. Take 2 tbsp aloe vera gel in a bowl and add few drops of lemon juice to it. Give it a good mix and apply it on the face. Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off. You can use this mask everyday. This is a great mask for anti aging as it prevents collagen damage and fights off wrinkles.
Why these anti aging tips work
Aloe vera gel contains malic acid which is very effective in improving skin elasticity. Malic acid also helps to reduce signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines. Zinc present in aloe vera gel maintains the youthfulness of the skin by shrinking large pores. Also aloe vera gel contains mucopolysaccharides which is a long chain sugar molecule that helps in retaining skin’s moisture level and enhances the formation of collagen. This is why aloe vera is considered as one of the most effective anti aging tips.
5. Anti Aging Treatment using Fenugreek Seeds
How to use Fenugreek Seeds
- Next on our list of best natural Anti Aging Tips is fenugreek or methi. Take a handful of fenugreek seeds and put them in the blender to form a thick paste. Add 1 tsp honey to it and mix well. Apply it on to the face and neck, let it sit for an hour and then wash off.
- Check out another anti aging tips using fenugreek seeds. Soak a small cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Next morning grind those seeds to make a paste and add a tsp rose water to it. Give it a good mix and apply it on to the face. Allow it to stay for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water. This face mask exfoliates the skin, reduces sun tan and helps to get rid of lines and wrinkles from the face.
Why Fenugreek Seeds are great
Methi or fenugreek seeds are a very common kitchen ingredient. They are a rich source of vitamin B3 and niacin which are very effective in recovering damaged skin cells. They also promote regeneration of new cells and tissues and thus help in lightening age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, hyper pigmentation and crow’s feet.
6. Use Avocado for Anti Aging
How to use Avocados
- Take 1 avocado and cut in to half. With a spoon, take out the pulp and mash it to make a smooth paste. Apply it on clean face and then let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash off with water. This is one of the easiest anti aging tips.
- Another amazing use of avocado is that in a bowl smash half of an avocado and add a tbsp oats to it. Give it a good mix and apply it on to the face. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Apply this avocado mask 2-3 times per week. This is a great mask loaded with anti oxidants that fights off saggy skin, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Take half of a ripe avocado and put it in the blender. Also put 2 tbsp plain yogurt and 1 tbsp wheatgrass juice. Blend together to make a face mask and then apply a thick layer onto the face and neck. Wait for about 15-20 minutes and rinse it off with plain water.
Why these anti aging tips works
Avocados are rich source of healthy fats which help to increase the youthfulness and suppleness of our skin and increases its elasticity. This fruit also contains chlorophyll to reduce inflammation, water to hydrate our skin and Vitamin E to increase softness of the skin and also prevent wrinkles. The antioxidants and amino acids present in avocado helps to flush out toxins from the skin and prevent pre-mature aging. Loaded with vitamins B,C, E, K, selenium, potassium, zinc, folate and beta carotene work wonders for our skin, nourishes it from within and repair excessive dry skin by promoting the regeneration of new cells.
7. Avoid Aging Symptoms with Banana
How to use Banana
- Bananas are known as nature’s own botox. Here is how you can prepare an anti wrinkle banana face mask – Take a ripe banana and add 4 tbsp curd and 2 tsp honey. Mix all the ingredients together and make a thick, smooth paste. Heat this face mask slightly in a pan for few minutes and then apply it all over the face. Wait for 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Take 1 banana and smash it in a bowl with the help of a fork. Add some rose water to it and mix both the ingredients together to form a paste. Apply it on to the face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water. This anti aging banana mask can be applied every alternate day.
Why Banana works for anti aging
Banana contains potassium that hydrate and moisturize dehydrated skin and prevent the appearance of wrinkles and lines. The B vitamins present in banana provide protection against free radicals that cause pre-mature aging. Vitamin A helps to heal dry skin and smoothens out aging skin while vitamin C fights off free radicals and improves collagen production. Bananas also contain vitamin E which protects skin from UV damage and slows down the process of aging. The amino acids nourish the skin, strengthen the connective tissues and helps to main skin elasticity. No wonder banana is known as the best anti aging treatment that nature has gifted us.
Check – How to Use Banana for Face
8. Natural Anti Aging Remedies with Honey
How to use Honey
- Combine together 3 tbsp milk, 2 tbsp honey and some lemon juice. Once the face mask is ready, apply it on the face and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with luke warm water first and then use a mild face wash. Repeat this 3-4 times per week for effective results.
- In a blender, grind half tsp flaxseed seeds and mix it with 2 tsp honey. Also add a cup of plain yogurt to it and mix all the ingredients well to prepare this honey anti aging face mask. Apply it all over the face and wait for 30 minutes before washing off.
- Mix some ghee, honey and almond paste together and apply the face mask on the face and neck. Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse off. Use a mild face wash to get rid of the oiliness left behind.
Why Honey is a great for anti aging
Honey is a cure-all ingredient for our skin. It is used on dry skin because it helps in keeping the skin hydrated and prevent moisture loss. Vitamin B and potassium present in honey helps in enhancing skin’s elasticity and suppleness. Honey can also exfoliate our skin and remove the dead cells and thus it promotes regeneration of new cells that lightens the age spots and hyper pigmentation.
9. Use Green Apple for Anti Aging
How to use Green Apple
- Take one medium sized green apple, peel it and cut into small pieces. Put them in the blender to make green apple pulp. Follow the same procedure to prepare potato pulp. In a bowl, take 1 tbsp each of green apple pulp and potato pulp and add some lemon juice. Mix together all the ingredients and apply the face mask on the face and neck. Wait for 20 minutes and rinse off. This is natural anti aging tips using green apple and regular application will help to get rid of age spots, pigmentation, blemishes and fine lines.
- Here is another anti aging tips using green apple. Take half cup chopped raw green apple, 2 tbsp chia seeds and 2 tbsp honey. Put them in blender and whiz up to make a thick paste. Add a little bit of water if needed. Once done, keep it aside for 5-6 minutes and then apply it all over the skin. Gently massage the face in circular motion and finally rinse off with plain water.
Why these anti aging tips work
Green apples are high in vitamin C and beta-carotene content as well as antioxidant compounds that help block free radicals. These free radicals are often the main culprit behind pre-mature aging of our skin. The malic acid and tartaric acid present in green apple help to exfoliate dead skin cells and thus boosts cell regeneration. Green apple contains high amounts of antioxidants and fibers that keep our skin elastic and youthful for long. Green apple face masks deeply moisturize the skin and help reducing the appearance of wrinkles as well as improve the overall texture of our skin.
10. Pineapple Mask for Anti Aging
How to use Pineapple
- Next on our list of best natural anti aging tips comes pineapple. Take one pineapple and cut it into small pieces. Take half of a cup of pineapple cubes and put them in a blender to form a smooth pulpy paste. Apply the pineapple pulp on face and neck and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Here is another way to use pineapple. In a blender put small cubes of fresh pineapple, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp raw honey. Blend until you have a smooth paste. Apply this resultant mixture on the face and neck. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. Finally splash some cold water on the face. Pat dry.
Why Pineapple is used in best natural anti aging tips
Pineapple juice is very effective in improving our digestion. But that’s not all, pineapple juice is also one of the best natural anti aging tips that can address the signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines. Pineapple is loaded with antioxidants such as potassium and vitamin C and that’s why it helps in neutralizing the harmful effects of free radicals and oxidative stress which in turn prevent premature aging of skin. Furthermore, pineapple juice also helps in improving skin tone. Topical application of pineapple juice helps to correct uneven skin tone, dark patches, age spots as well as hyper pigmentation.
Check – 10 Natural Remedies for Grey Hair that Actually Work
11. Natural Anti Aging Remedies with Almonds
How to use Almonds
- Almonds can give us youthful and supple skin. Here’s how to make use of almonds in Anti Aging Tips – Soak 8 to 10 almonds in milk overnight. The next morning grind the almonds to prepare a thick paste. Apply on clean face and massage for 5 minutes. Let it sit on the skin for another 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Here we have another almond face pack recipe for you to be used. Take 8-10 almonds and grind them into a smooth paste. To this, add 1 tsp cold pressed walnut oil and 1 drop of geranium essential oil. Mix them together and spread it evenly all over the face and neck. Avoid the eye area. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
Why to use Almonds as anti aging tips
Almonds are loaded with amazing nutrients such as vitamin E, iron, zinc, oleic acid as well as folic acid that function as powerful antioxidants. The antioxidants present in almonds helps in preventing the degeneration of collagen and delay the aging process. They also help to treat the wrinkles and fine lines.
These were some of the finest natural anti aging tips from our side. Hope you enjoyed reading about them, comment below and let me know your most favorite natural anti aging tips from the list above. 🙂