How to use Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth – Simple Instruction – Aloe Vera is one of those natural ingredients that is extensively used in beauty products. Here in this article we are going to discuss about how we can use aloe vera gel for hair growth. Hair is a very important part of our looks and personality. Most of the women love to flaunt long, healthy and beautiful hair, but lack of hair growth is a very common problem. It is said that patience is the key when it comes to hair growth. But how much patience can we keep? And for how long? Hair growth is not something that happens overnight, but you surely can speed up the process with the help of few natural secrets and aloe vera is one of them. Lets find out how to use aloe vera gel for hair growth below.
Check – 10 Natural Remedies for Grey Hair that Actually Work
Before we start with our simple instructions on how to use aloe vera gel for hair growth, lets first check out how aloe vera helps to get beautiful hair.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Hair
- Aloe vera is Anti-pruritus in nature. Anti pruritus is a trait that can give relief from itching and dryness that occurs in the scalp, for example psoriasis. Psoriasis is a disease characterized by excessive production of skin cells. Aloe vera has natural enzymatic properties which can destroy excessive dead skin cells as well as reduce redness, scaling, itching and scalp inflammation caused by psoriasis.
- The anti inflammatory properties of aloe vera makes it a great natural ingredient to be used on scalp specially for those with sensitive scalp.
- Aloe vera is a great treatment for dandruff. Firstly, it has the enzymatic properties which can destroy excessive dead skin cells. And secondly, the alkalizing properties of bacteria inhibits the growth of fungus that thrives in an acidic environment.
- The astringent properties of aloe vera makes it a great cleanser for oily hair. It cleanses the hair follicles deeply and eliminates extra sebum and other impurities.
- Aloe vera can also be used to treat seborrhea, which is characterized by excessive secretion of sebum. It can damage the hair follicles and lead to hair loss.
- Vitamins A, C and E present in aloe vera makes it one of the best natural beauty secrets to get strong hair. These vitamins can promote cell turnover which leads to healthy and shiny hair.
- Aloe vera contains Vitamin B-12 and folic acid which prevents hair from falling out.
- One of the main benefits of aloe vera is that it can maintain the pH balance of the scalp. When pH balance gets disrupted it can cause serious hair problems.
- Sometimes, due to the excess sun exposure or chemical treatments, our hair can lose its black color and look reddish. Using aloe vera mask once a week can treat this hair worry.
- Aloe vera has an amazing ability to increase blood circulation to the scalp which results in healthy hair growth.
Why Aloe Vera helps in hair growth
- Researchers say that aloe vera has been used for natural hair treatment since the time of ancient Egypt. It contains enzymes that boosts hair growth and make hair healthy. Proteolytic enzymes in aloe vera can eliminate dead skin cells from the scalp that can clog the hair follicles and stop hair growth.
- We have already seen that aloe vera can remove sebum and dead cells from the scalp, which also promote hair growth. The alkalizing substances of aloe vera can help maintain scalp’s natural pH level and speeds up hair growth.
- Aloe vera must be used by everyone struggling with hair loss, hair thinning and other types of hair problems. The reason that aloe vera is loaded with vitamins and minerals has made it such a wonderful for hair. It also has anti fungal properties that kill all the hidden fungi on our scalp and get rid of the bad odor caused by them.
How to use Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth
Lets now begin with different ways to use Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth.
1. Pre-Shampoo Treatment with Castor Oil and Aloe Vera Gel
How to use aloe vera for hair growth
In a bowl, take a cup of fresh aloe vera gel and to this add 2 tbsp castor oil and 2 tbsp fenugreek powder. Give it a good mix and apply the mixture on to the scalp and hair. Make sure your hair is fully covered with this mask. Leave it on overnight. Wear a shower cap and in the morning, first wash off the mask with water and then use shampoo. Follow up with a conditioner. Repeat this treatment with aloe vera gel for hair growth twice a week for best results.
Just like aloe vera, castor oil is also a great hair growth booster. This combination of castor oil and aloe vera gel for hair growth works wonders. It stimulates hair growth, nourishes the hair strands, prevents hair fall as well as split ends.
2. Make a Shampoo using Aloe Vera Gel
How to use aloe vera gel as a shampoo
Aloe vera has amazing hydrating properties and that’s why it should be used as a shampoo. You can simply massage your hair and scalp with aloe vera gel, wait for half an hour and then wash off with plain water. If you do not feel comfortable with the stickiness of aloe vera gel, then mix it with your shampoo and normally wash your hair. This is one of the easiest ways to use aloe vera gel for hair growth.
3. Use Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Gel to make a Conditioner
How to use aloe vera gel for making conditioner
Next on our list of how to use aloe vera for hair growth comes this one. Take a bowl and combine 5 tbsp aloe vera gel with 2 tbsp honey and 3 tbsp coconut oil. Massage this mixture in to the scalp and then work your way down to the length of the hair. Don’t forget to focus on the tips. Once you are done, cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for 30-40 minutes. Use a shampoo to wash off the mask.
Check – Coconut Facial at Home for Skin Whitening
This is an excellent pre shampoo conditioner that helps to seal moisture in to the scalp as well as hair. It ensures that our hair strands remain healthy and hydrated and we do not get split ends. This is one of the best ways to use aloe vera gel for hair growth.
4. Hair Mask with Aloe Vera Gel and Egg
How to use aloe vera for hair growth in this hair mask
To prepare this hair mask all you need is aloe vera gel, egg yolks and coconut oil or olive oil. Mix all these ingredients in a bowl and apply this on your hair and scalp. Make sure that the roots and tips are nicely covered in this mask. Wait for 30 minutes and then wash off with cold water. Use a shampoo to get rid of the egg smell.
This is one of the best way to use aloe vera gel for hair growth. We know that egg yolks are full of essential fats and that’s why it can condition our hair like nothing else can. Olive oil or coconut oil both are super moisturizing and helps to boost our hair growth by nourishing the scalp and hair from inside.
5. Coconut Milk and Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth Treatment
How to use aloe vera gel for hair growth in this remedy
Here is another amazing natural treatment using aloe vera gel for hair growth. Take a bowl and put 4 tbsp each of aloe vera gel and coconut milk and to this add a tbsp of coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients nicely and massage it in to the scalp and hair. Let it sit for at least an hour so that the scalp and hair can absorb all the goodness from the ingredients. Use a mild shampoo to wash it off and don’t forget to follow up with a conditioner. Repeat this treatment using aloe vera gel for hair growth once a week for several weeks.
Coconut milk is not only super conditioning but its also loaded with essential nutrients that help in providing nourishment to our hair and scalp. This hair mask is very nourishing and very effective in promoting hair growth.
6. Use Hibiscus and Aloe Vera Gel
How to use aloe vera to make this hair mask
If you are looking for a magical solution for your hair growth issue then your search may end here. Combine 2 tbsp hibiscus flower paste with a cup of aloe vera gel. Massage the resultant mixture in to your scalp and also cover the length of your hair. Wear a shower cap and wait for 30-40 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo and follow up with a conditioner. Use this aloe vera gel for hair growth treatment at least once a week.
Check – Soultree Hibiscus Hair Conditioner with Shikakai, Henna and Coconut Oil
We know that hibiscus is a wonderful ingredient for our hair. It contains vitamin C that boosts collagen production which in turn makes the hair strong and healthy. The amino acids in hibiscus nourish our hair and strengthen the roots which results in healthy and beautiful hair. This combination of hibiscus and aloe vera gel for hair growth works like a magic. It not only promotes hair growth but also makes our hair lustrous, strong and beautiful.
7. Hair Mask using Aloe Vera Gel and Henna
How to use aloe vera gel in this hair mask
Next on our list of remedies using aloe vera gel for hair growth comes this hair mask. Take couple of cups of fresh henna leaves and soak them in water for at least 2 hours. Now blend the leaves and add 1 tbsp aloe vera gel, 2 tbsp yogurt and 1 tbsp olive oil to it. Mix everything nicely and then cover your hair and scalp with this hair mask. Now wear a shower cap and wait for at least couple of hours before you wash off with cold water and a mild shampoo. Follow up with a conditioner.
Just like aloe vera gel for hair is a blessing, henna is also an excellent ingredient for our hair care. It maintains our scalp health and deeply conditions our hair. This mixture of aloe vera and henna not only promotes hair growth but also cover the greys by adding a tint of red to our hair.
8. Onion and Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth Remedy
How to use aloe vera gel for hair growth in this remedy
Here comes another excellent remedy using aloe vera gel for hair growth. All you need to do is to mix a cup of onion juice and a tbsp aloe vera gel together. Here is how to get onion juice – take about 3-4 onions (depending on your hair length) and grate them using a grater. Now squeeze the grated onions to extract the juice. Alternatively, you can put them in a blender and blend them to a puree. With a strainer or a cheesecloth, extract the juice. Once you mix the onion juice with aloe vera gel, massage your scalp with this and also apply some on to your hair. Let it stay for an hour and then use a mild shampoo to wash off. Follow up with a conditioner.
This is an excellent natural treatment using aloe vera gel for hair growth. Do this at least once a week. Both onion and aloe vera gel for hair growth work excellent. This hair mask boosts hair growth and add length and volume to the hair over time.
9. Combine Apple Cider Vinegar with Aloe Vera Gel for long Hair
How to use aloe vera gel for hair growth in this remedy
Take a bowl and put a cup of fresh aloe vera gel there. To this add 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp organic honey. Give it a good mix and use this mixture to massage your scalp and also apply some on to the length of your hair. Wait for 15-25 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo. Condition your hair as usual. Repeat this excellent natural remedy using aloe vera gel for hair growth once in 2 weeks.
Sometimes our hair growth stops due to unhealthy scalp. This hair mask is meant to restore our scalp health. It helps to cure dandruff and other scalp irritations while ensuring that our hair follicles stay healthy and promote hair growth. The acidic properties of ACV helps to keep the scalp bacteria free and maintains the natural pH level of our scalp.
10. Use Shea Butter and Aloe Vera Gel for healthy Hair
How to use aloe vera gel for hair growth in this treatment
Here comes super amazing remedy using aloe vera gel for hair growth. Take half cup of raw shea butter and melt it in a double boiler. Remove from heat and let it cool down. To this add 2 tbsp aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp apricot oil, 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, half tsp vitamin E oil and 5 drops of lavender essential oil. Depending on your hair length, take some amount of the mixture and massage your scalp and hair with this. Let it sit for about 30-40 minutes. Wash off with a cold water and a mild shampoo. Use a conditioner as well. Carry out this aloe vera gel for hair growth treatment once a week.
Check – 12 Magical Home Remedies for Split Ends without Cutting Hair
Its an excellent deep conditioning pre shampoo aloe vera gel for hair growth treatment. It not only adds shine and softness to our hair but also prevents hair breakage due to dryness as well as split ends. As a result, you don’t have to trim your hair frequently and you can maintain the length of your hair.
So there we discussed 10 simple ways to use aloe vera gel for hair growth. But besides hair growth, there are other uses of aloe vera gel for hair and below we are going to talk about some of them. So lets check them out.
11. Glycerin and Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Detangling
Almost all of us use a detangling solution for our hair, right? Instead of buying one from the store, why not make your own? All you need to do is mix 1 tsp aloe vera gel, 1-2 drops glycerin, 1-2 drops of lavender/jojoba oil and 10-15 drops of grapefruit seed oil. Transfer the solution in a spray bottle and add some water to this. After using shampoo, towel dry your hair and section them and then spray onto each section to detangle your hair easily.
12. Use Aloe Vera Gel to Cure Dandruff
Dandruff is a common yet stubborn hair problem for many of us and the situation gets worse in winter. Here is a wonderful remedy to get rid of dandruff by using aloe vera gel for hair. Take 2 tbsp fresh aloe vera gel in a bowl and squeeze some lemon juice to that. Mix thoroughly and add olive oil to it. Gently massage your scalp with this solution and leave this on your hair for 1 hour. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do not apply shampoo.
13. Cover the Greys by using Aloe Vera Gel for Hair
Premature greying is one of the curses of modern age, but there is a wonderful solution to it and its aloe vera gel. Keep some fresh amla juice in an iron bowl overnight and mix aloe vera gel to it the next morning. Mix well both the ingredients and store it in a secure container. Apply this onto the hair daily for 3-4 months to see visible change in your hair color. Make sure to prepare in small batches.
14. Use Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Styling
Ditch your store bought serums that are loaded with chemicals and replace them with some pure and natural like aloe vera gel. Take a pea-sized amount of aloe vera gel and apply it all over your hair. Run your fingers through the hair and scrunch the ends. And that’s it, you are all done!
Not only aloe vera gel for hair, but we can also use aloe vera juice for hair as well. Here are few simple ways to use aloe vera juice for hair.
1. Aloe vera juice for Hair Moisturisation
Take a clean spray bottle and pour a quarter of a cup of distilled water there. Add 2 tbsp aloe vera juice, 2 tbsp vegetable glycerin, 1 tbsp each of extra virgin coconut oil and also extra virgin olive oil and few drops of each geranium essential oil and lavender essential oil. Close the bottle tightly and give it a good shake so that all the ingredients can mix well. Store in a refrigerator and use it every time you wash your hair. This is an excellent way to use aloe vera juice for hair. It will keep the hair silky and moisturized. Don’t use too much or else your hair will feel sticky.
Check – 15 Amazing Benefits of Mustard Oil for Skin, Hair and Health
2. Aloe Vera Juice for Hair Growth
Here is another excellent use of aloe vera juice for hair. Take half of a cup of aloe vera juice in a bowl and add 2 tbsp of lavender essential oil. Mix both the ingredients nicely. Wash your hair first and then section the hair in small parts and apply this mixture on each part. Then apply coconut oil all over the hair and scalp and wear a shower cap. Wait for couple of hours and then wash off with a mild shampoo. Carry out this treatment using aloe vera juice for hair growth regularly over a period of time to see visible result.
3. Hair Conditioning using Aloe Vera Juice
You can make an excellent leave in conditioner for hair by using aloe vera juice. Get 50 ml of distilled water and add a tbsp of aloe vera juice. Also, add 3 drops of glycerin and few drops of sunflower/wheatgerm/almond oil. Mix everything nicely and keep it in the refrigerator. Gently spray this mist on the tresses every day to keep them fresh as well as moisturized. On top of it, apply a few drops of olive oil and seal the goodness.
These were few brilliant uses of aloe vera juice for hair care.
Aloe vera is a miraculous plant and its great for our skin, hair and overall health. This article has covered some of the best uses of aloe vera gel for hair growth as well as other hair woes. How do you like to use aloe vera gel for hair? Let us know in the comment box below 🙂