Activated charcoal is one such ingredient that has taken the beauty industry by storm of late. The use of activated charcoal isn’t new. It has been long used for medicinal purpose as well as for purifying water. The latest trend sees activated charcoal being used in beauty and skin care products. We all are aware of Pond’s face wash and some other face washes containing activated charcoal. Activated charcoal is an excellent natural ingredient that helps to purify and deep clean skin. Let’s take a look on Activated Charcoal for Skin Care.
Activated charcoal means plain carbon is infused with oxygen and prepared for skin care products. Oxygenation creates a super porous surface and as a result its ability to absorb toxins gets increased. Activated charcoal absorbs bacteria, dirt, oil and other impurities from our skin pores and thus helps us to achieve flawless complexion as well as fight breakouts. Activated charcoal works by drawing substances to its surface. It can absorb thousand times of its own weight. Activated charcoal has massive surface area due to its pores and that’s why just a bit of activated charcoal is enough to absorb so many toxins. Read on to know more about Activated Charcoal for Skin Care.
Skin Benefits of Activated Charcoal
- The super absorbency power and the anti-bacterial properties of activated charcoal makes it an ideal ingredient for oily and acne prone skin.
- It is being used in many acne control products as it helps to draw out impurities that clogs our skin pores.
- When the dirt and oil that clog our pores come in contact with activated charcoal, they get stick to it. And when you rinse your face, they just get washed away. Thus, activated charcoal helps to heal pimples and also prevents further breakout.
- Activated charcoal is also an active anti-aging ingredient. It tightens pores and thus leaves behind a smooth and firm skin.
Pond’s Pure White Facial Foam Review
How to Use Activated Charcoal for Skin Care
- Activated charcoal is an amazing ingredient that helps to improve our overall skin heath. Activated charcoal is available in the form of capsules and tablets. To use this on your skin, mix one capsule of the powder with a tsp of aloe vera gel, a tsp of rose water, five drops of tea tree oil and a pinch of sea salt. Mix all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste. Apply this as a face mask. Let it dry and then rinse off for beautiful, even toned skin.
- Mix 0.2 gms of activated charcoal powder with ½ tsp of bentonite clay and 1 ½ tsp of water and make a face mask. Spread evenly all over the face. After 10 minutes, remove with a dampened cloth. And discover your smooth skin free of impurities.
Activated charcoal is available in capsule form (containing activated charcoal powder) and it can also be bought loose in bulk. Apart from skin care, activated charcoal helps to get rid our body of toxins (mercury, lead etc.) in emergency situation, relieves insect bites, whiten our teeth and also reduce gas after eating certain food like beans. Hope you enjoyed reading my post today. Don’t forget to share your views below 🙂