Flawless, glowing and fair skin is what we all girls dream of. But not everyone is blessed with one. And so we keep on hunting for ways to attain that beautiful skin. The growing advertisements on TV about skin whitening creams and lotions are signs of how much fairer skin is preferred. Our desire to get that picture perfect, flawless skin makes us start experimenting with all those products loaded with harsh chemicals and bleach. Most of them do not meet our expectation level and moreover result in far-reaching negative effects on our skin. So lets check my 5 Best Homemade Skin Whitening Face Packs Post 🙂
Check – How to make Tomato and Lemon Peel Off Mask for Skin Whitening
Another option is to opt for salon or parlor treatment. But most of them are quite expensive and not everyone can afford them. Therefore, it is best if we rely on natural remedies to improve our complexion. In this post I have shared some of the best homemade face packs to achieve long lasting fairness. They are simple and very easy to make since all the ingredients are readily available in our kitchen.
Tea water face pack
Ingredients: Tea water, rice flour, honey
- Combine ½ tbsp of honey with one cup of tea water and 2 tbsp of rice flour and mix all the ingredients. Apply on the face and leave till it dries completely. Before cleaning the mask with water, massage your skin in circular motion. It helps to remove the dead skin cells and even out the skin tone. Wash your face with cold water afterwards.
- Rice flour acts as an excellent scrub and honey moisturizes the skin. Tea is a strong anti oxidant and antioxidants are known to reduce melanin production of skin and making skin a lot lighter in complexion.
(To make your tea water, simply add a tea bag to a mug of boiling water, stir and allow it to cool. Don’t add milk or sugar)
Tomato face pack
Ingredients: Tomato, oatmeal, yogurt
- Mix 1 tsp of yogurt and tomato juice/pulp each with 1 tsp of oatmeal to make this face pack. Apply on face and let it stay for 20 minutes. While rinsing off the pack, rub it gently and allow the oatmeal to scrub away the dead skin cells.
- The mild bleaching properties of yogurt help to keep away blemishes. It also leaves the skin moisturized and supple. Oatmeal is a natural and gentle exfoliator for the skin and tomato juice lightens skin naturally.
Turmeric face pack
Ingredients: Turmeric powder, lemon juice, gram flour, milk
- Mix 2 tbsp of milk with 2 tbsp of gram flour. Add ½ tbsp of turmeric powder and ½ tbsp of lemon juice to it and mix thoroughly to make a smooth paste. Apply the paste evenly on your face and leave it until it becomes dry. Rinse off.
- Turmeric can cut the skin’s melanin production and hence making skin look clearer. It is also known for its medicinal qualities of repairing free radicals and reduction of face pigmentation and thus preventing skin discoloration. The high level of citric acid present in lemon juice makes it a great natural exfoliant. Also lemon juice contains vitamin C which is among some of the purest natural antioxidants. Antioxidants are scientifically proven to cut the melanin production of the skin. Gram flour is an excellent natural exfoliant to lighten and brighten the skin. Milk contains calcium and lactic acid. Calcium regulates normal skin color and lactic acid reduces skin pigmentation making your skin look lighter.
Banana face pack
Ingredients: Ripe banana, lemon juice, honey
- Take a ripe banana and mash it with the back of a fork until it forms a lump free and smooth paste. Add 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of lemon juice and mix it thoroughly. Apply evenly on face, wait for 10-15 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
- This is an excellent face pack for fading away dark spots and blemishes and brightening dull skin. Banana is rich in all the essential vitamins that help to get rid of dark spots and blemishes, evens out rough skin, lighten skin complexion and combat free radicals of the skin. Honey contains skin lightening properties and helps to avert acne and pimples (these are the main causes of the dark spots and blemishes). Lemon juice is rich in citric acid that lightens dark skin and evens out discoloration.
Strawberry face pack
Ingredients: Ripe strawberries and raw milk
- Take 2 ripe strawberries and mash them to make a smooth paste. Add raw milk to it and mix well. Apply the paste on skin and let it stay for 20-30 minutes and wash off.
- Strawberry contains salicylic acid which removes the dead cells from the skin. It also has vitamin C and antioxidants that help to lighten skin complexion. Raw milk contains vitamin A & D. Vitamin A treats dry flaky skin and Vitamin D helps fade dark spots and marks to give youthful glowing skin. Vitamin B12 can also be found in raw milk which has skin lightening properties that even out skin discoloration and acne scars.
Hope you liked my post. Take care and stay Beautiful. 🙂