5 Best Homemade Papaya Face Packs for Anti Aging Treatment – Over time, our skin loses its youthfulness and natural glow. And nobody wants to look into the mirror to see their dull looking face. Hence, it makes us desperate to undergo some treatment to restore glowing, soft skin. In fact, many of us go on spending a good amount to do so! But, it is not entirely impossible to get younger and beautiful skin right at home! Instead of making your skin go through chemical treatments at salon, try something natural at home. Do you know, something as humble as papaya can come to your rescue! Papaya face packs are a great natural treatment for anti aging. This fruit has astonishing skin revitalizing properties that make skin soft, smooth and youthful. Here’s how to use papaya for anti aging.
Check – 21 Amazing Benefits of Papaya for Skin, Hair and Health
Why We Should Use Papaya for Anti Aging Treatments?
- Exfoliation is very important to maintain a youthful, soft and smooth skin. Papaya works as a great natural exfoliator for our skin. It is a source of several natural enzymes and one of them is papain. Papain exfoliates the skin and removes the build up of dead skin cells and other impurities. It promotes skin cell regeneration, which help to smoothen the aging signs.
- Papaya is a great source of AHAs, that also provide great exfoliation for our skin and dissolve the inactive protein and dead skin cells. This helps to smoothen our skin texture and restore smooth, youthful skin.
- Papain is well known for its anti inflammatory properties. It works wonders on dry skin.
- Being enriched with anti oxidants, papaya face packs are considered highly beneficial to boost anti aging treatment. It contains lycopene, an anti oxidant that protects the skin from free radicals as well as UV exposure, both of which often accelerates skin’s aging process.
- We know that collagen, together with elastin, is the building block of our skin. As we age, our skin starts to lose its collagen content and becomes saggy and develops aging signs. Papaya comes with vitamin C, another anti oxidant, that helps boosting collagen production in the skin. This further helps to delay the appearances of wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet and other aging signs.
- Dry skin is always at a higher risk of developing aging signs at a premature age. Papaya contains a nice amount of potassium, a vital mineral for our skin. It helps to hydrate and moisturize dry skin and makes it soft, supple and smooth over time, thus reducing the risk of early skin aging.
- Papaya contains vitamin A which is another vital nutrient to combat premature skin aging. Vitamin A helps healing dry skin by promoting our skin’ s natural sebum production. Plus, it also supports healthy cell regeneration that in turn, smoothen the appearance of aging signs and makes skin soft, smooth and glowing. This vitamin also helps to fade away age spots.
Homemade Papaya Face Packs for Anti Aging Treatment
1. Simple Papaya Face Pack for Anti Aging
How to prepare?
Take a ripe papaya and cut few chunks out of it. Put a cup of papaya cubes in a blender and blend until it turns into a paste. Take it out and apply it all over the face as well as neck.
Gently massage and let it stay for 15-20 minutes before washing off with fresh water. Repeat 2-3 times per week. This is the simplest papaya face pack for anti aging skin treatment.
2. Anti Aging Face Pack with Papaya and Raw Honey
How to prepare papaya and honey face pack for anti aging?
Cut 4-5 papaya chunks from a ripe papaya and then put them in the blender. Add in 2-3 tsp raw honey. Blend the papaya pieces and honey together to prepare the anti aging face pack.
Apply this evenly on the face and neck and keep it on for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Reapply once in every couple of days.
Honey, specially raw honey has wonderful anti aging benefits. However, honey is mostly used for prevention, because honey can’t do much to repair the damage.
Raw honey contains multiple anti oxidants. These anti oxidants help to fight off the free radicals and protect the skin from premature aging.
Along with anti oxidants, raw honey comes with various vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 etc. The minerals that can be found in honey include calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc, etc.
In addition, raw honey contains organic acids, specially gluconic acid as well as 18-20 amino acids. All these nutrients found in honey work extremely well to nourish the skin cells and help prevent premature skin aging.
Exfoliation is important to maintain healthy skin and avoid wrinkles and lines. Dead skin cells’ build up on the top layer of the skin often cause wrinkles and lines to appear quickly. Honey contains several natural enzymes. They exfoliate the skin and prevent the appearances of fine lines and wrinkles.
Moisturization is must to keep the skin looking youthful for years. Raw honey is known for its great moisturizing benefits for our skin.
Being a natural humectant, honey absorbs moisture from the air and seals it in to the skin cells. Also, honey helps to prevent water-loss from the skin. This way, honey keeps skin moisturized and aids in preventing untimely aging.
- Raw honey is darker than the ones available in the market. The darker the honey, the more amount of anti oxidant in it, according to experts. Manuka honey is best for our skin, since it is rich in nutrients.
- Honey is not much effective to repair the damaged collagen level in the skin. Hence, honey should be used to prevent aging, rather than repairing the skin once damage is done. Also try to use organic and unfiltered raw honey for anti aging skin care.
3. Papaya and Banana Anti Aging Face Pack
How to prepare anti aging face pack with papaya and banana?
Prepare papaya pulp by blending few ripe papaya cubes. Also blend half of a ripe banana and prepare banana pulp. Mix together a tbsp each of papaya pulp and banana pulp to prepare the anti aging face pack.
Apply it on face as well as neck and gently massage the skin for few minutes. Wait for another 20-30 minutes and wash off. Reapply this remedy twice or thrice in a week.
Dry skin is at a higher risk of developing aging signs much earlier compared to normal or oily skin. Banana comes with wonderful moisturization benefits. It helps to soften rough and dry skin and delay the appearance of aging signs.
Banana contains a good amount of potassium, a vital mineral for our skin. Potassium helps to moisturize and hydrate our skin and avoid the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Potassium also boosts blood circulation in the skin, which in turn, leads to better flow of oxygen and other nutrients to the skin cells. This further helps in repairing the cell damage and improve skin texture.
Along with potassium, banana contains vitamin A and E, both of which are extremely nourishing for our skin. Vitamin A helps to repair dry skin by increasing sebum production in the skin and protects skin from premature aging. Also, it helps to smoothen the existing lines and wrinkles.
Vitamin E has anti oxidant benefits. It promotes healthy cell growth, that helps to diminish the signs of premature skin aging. Vitamin E makes skin soft and supple, by replenishing the skin with lost moisture.
UV damage can also cause premature skin aging. Vitamin E, with its anti oxidant benefits, helps to protect the skin from the harmful effects of UV radiation and prevents photo-aging (skin aging caused by UV exposure).
Banana comes with B vitamins and they are enriched with anti oxidant benefits. They fight off free radicals as well as environmental elements to protect the skin from premature aging. They also support healthy cell growth to help smoothen lines and wrinkles.
Banana is a good source of vitamin C. It is a vital nutrient for anti aging skin care, because of its anti oxidant benefits. Also it boosts collagen production in the skin to maintain skin elasticity and smoothen out lines and wrinkles.
Along with the vitamins and minerals, banana is a source of skin nourishing amino acids. They also help to fight off premature skin aging.
4. Use Milk and Papaya Face Pack for Anti Aging
How to prepare papaya and milk anti aging face pack?
Cut few fresh and ripe papaya cubes and put them in a blender. Add some milk there and blend together to prepare the face pack. Take it out and gently massage it all over the face as well as neck for few minutes.
Let it stay on the skin for another 10-15 minutes. Wash off using fresh water. Reapply this milk and papaya face pack for anti aging skin care twice or thrice weekly.
Milk is a wonderful natural remedy for anti aging. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals and proteins that work together to nourish the skin from within and keep premature aging at bay.
Milk contains lactic acid, which is an AHA. Lactic acid is very nourishing for our skin. It exfoliates the skin and removes the dead skin cells to help diminishing wrinkles and lines. Along with exfoliation, lactic acid helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin to keep it healthy and youthful.
Milk has great moisturizing power. We know that dry skin is more prone to aging, hence, moisturization is must to keep premature skin aging at bay.
Vitamin A in milk helps to heal dry skin by increasing sebum production. The natural sebum keeps the skin moisturized and protects it against untimely aging.
Milk contains vitamin B6, that helps to lighten the appearance of aging signs by boosting cell regeneration process. Milk is a good source of biotin or vitamin B7. It also helps to prevent untimely skin aging by rejuvenating dull and dry skin.
Furthermore, vitamin D in milk has anti oxidant benefits. It fights off the free radicals and promotes collagen production in the skin. Vitamin D helps to maintain skin elasticity and suppleness, prevents saggy skin as well as fades age spots.
Along with vitamins, the minerals present in milk also help to eliminate aging signs. It contains a high amount of calcium, that comes with anti oxidant benefits. It helps boosting collagen production in the skin and reduces the chance to get early wrinkles and lines.
Magnesium in milk helps to slow down the aging process of our skin. Milk comes with selenium. Selenium is another vital mineral that help to preserve the youthfulness of our skin. It fights off the free radicals and also boosts skin elasticity and firmness, so that aging signs cannot appear.
Also it protects the skin against photo aging caused by UV damage. Along with all these, milk proteins also play an important role in preventing premature aging of our skin.
5. Anti Aging Face Pack with Papaya and Coconut Oil
How to prepare papaya and coconut oil anti aging face pack?
Put half of a cup of ripe papaya cubes in a blender and prepare papaya pulp. Take out and mix it with 1-2 tsp of coconut oil. Prepare a paste and massage it on to the face as well as neck.
Keep it on the skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with fresh water. Follow this anti aging treatment with papaya and coconut oil 2-3 times in a week.
This is a great anti aging face pack using papaya and coconut oil. The youthfulness of our skin depends on the collagen level. Collagen is a protein that help with the suppleness and resilience of the skin.
After the age of 30, the collagen level of the skin starts to reduce and the skin becomes susceptible to aging signs. Regular use of coconut oil helps to boost the collagen level, hence keeps aging signs at bay.
It has been seen that oily skin takes much longer to get wrinkles/lines, in compared to dry skin. So, if you have dry skin, use coconut oil to prevent premature aging.
Coconut oil can mimic sebum. Sebum is the oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands that helps keeping the skin lubricated and also protects it against untimely aging. Regular use of coconut oil has almost same effect on our skin.
Free radicals are often considered as the main culprits behind premature skin aging. Coconut oil is rich in anti oxidants, that help fighting off the free radicals and prevent untimely aging of skin.
Coconut oil contains vitamin A and E, both of which are extremely nourishing for our skin. Vitamin A helps to heal dry and dehydrated skin by increasing sebum production.
And vitamin E can replenish the skin with lost moisture to prevent dryness. Also, vitamin E helps in strengthening the connective tissues of the skin, which results in healthy and youthful skin.
Exfoliation is also important to keep the skin protected from aging signs. Coconut oil helps to remove the dead skin cells from the skin surface and prevents wrinkle formation.
The nutrients in coconut oil help with boosting skin cell regeneration process, that help keeping skin youthful and smoothening the wrinkles and fine lines.
UV damage is one of the major causes of skin aging. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, a nourishing fatty acid, that helps in repairing UV damaged skin and prevent photo aging (skin aging caused by UV damage).
Here we discussed few amazing homemade papaya face packs for anti aging skin care. Before you decide to spend your hard-earned money for expensive anti aging skin care products or salon treatments, why not give papaya a chance to see if it can reverse your age-clock or not!