23 Things in Your Kitchen You Can Use Right Now to Get Rid of Acne – Life happens, and with it comes skin flare-ups and unwanted blemishes that you can’t run to the drugstore to fix. Acne is a very common problem and it can happen to anyone, from any age group. Though, those in their teenage, suffer the most. Acne happens when the pores of our skin get clogged with oil, dirt and dead skin cells. However, too much stress, sleep deprivation, poor diet, as well genetics play a huge role in causing this skin problem. While you might require an acne treatment system to treat severe cases of acne, there are plenty of things at home, that you can use right now, to treat your acne. Check out below.
23 Things in Your Kitchen You Can Use Right Now to Calm Your Acne & Get Rid of It
Fruits and Veggies to Control Acne Breakout
1. Grapes – Cut the grapes in half, and rub the flesh on your face. Grape juice contains AHA, which is great for cleansing.
2. Papaya – Mash few pieces of papaya into a puree and apply on the face. Papaya has the enzyme called ‘papain’. It is great for removing dead cells, excess oils, calming inflammation and preventing pus from developing.
3. Strawberries – One of the most effective treatment for acne is the strawberries. It works best when mashed and mixed with honey. Great for unclogging pores and neutralizing bacteria.
4. Lemons – Dab a Q-tip or swab in some squeezed lemon juice and dab it on. Rinse off before exposing your skin to the sun, as lemon also has a bleaching effect.
5. Orange Peel – Blend/grind orange peel into a paste. Orange peel, when applied topically, promotes the growth of new healthy cells in your skin, and thus, helps to get rid of acne.
6. Banana Peel – Rub inner side of peel in a circular motion on skin. It reduces swelling, inflammation and encourages healthy cell growth.
7. Avocado – Avocado is considered as a superfood, and it is an excellent natural ingredient for skin care. Mash one avocado and mix with honey. Apply on the face. It not only calms down the sensitive skin, but also infuses your epidermis with nourishing nutrients.
8. Potato – Grate and rub the pulp and juice of a potato onto skin. Potato juice is a rich source of anti-oxidants. It helps to tame acne and reduce pesky blemishes.
9. Cucumber – Apply cucumber on the skin mashed or in slices. We know that cucumber has amazing healing properties. This is ideal for soothing skin irritations and reducing swelling and puffing.
Herbs and Teas for Acne Treatment
10. Cinnamon – Mix cinnamon powder with honey to form a paste. Cinnamon is antimicrobial, while honey is antibiotic. Together, they make an effective remedy for acne caused by bacteria.
11. Turmeric – When it comes to skin care, nothing is as versatile as turmeric. It is great for reducing inflammation, slowing cell damage, and treating eczema and psoriasis. Make a face mask by mixing turmeric with Greek yogurt, or try mixing it with chickpea flower, sandalwood powdered and ghee or almond oil.
12. Mint – Mix with plain yogurt and oatmeal. The mint serves to remove excess oil on your face, preventing breakouts.
13. Echinacea – Make like tea and use as facewash with a cloth, or use Echinacea tincture on a swab and dab it onto skin. Great for speed-healing, and its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities that fight acne.
14. Chamomile – Blend ground leaves in blender, with only enough water to form paste and apply. Or, steep a very strong tea and dab on with cotton swab. Chamomile is great for calming inflammation and redness from acne.
15. Witch Hazel – Witch hazel is an amazing herb for our skin. Use in the form of an extract or in a water-based solution, if you have dry skin. Dab on with a swab. Great for preventing and treating acne, skin sores, inflammation, psoriasis, eczema and more.
16. Garlic – Garlic is highly antibacterial in nature. Mash and soak in water to create a juice, then apply with a cotton swab. Application of garlic helps to reduce the severe breakouts and prevents them in the future.
17. Green Tea – Green tea, as we know, is nothing short of a cure-all ingredient for our skin. Steep in tea, then cool and put in a spritz bottle. Or you can dab it on with a swab. Green tea contains antioxidants that reduce inflammation, bacterial growth and sebum production in acne-prone skin.
Proteins, Fats and Sugars that Help in Acne Control
18. Oatmeal – Most of us know about various uses of oatmeal for our skin. Here is another one to get rid of breakouts. Prepare the oatmeal and add honey, then cool enough to comfortably apply to skin. Perfect for soothing skin and reducing inflammation and redness of acne.
19. Honey – The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of honey makes it a great treatment for acne. Apply in a thin layer to face and wear it as a mask. Not only acne, It also helps to slow down aging with its antioxidant properties.
20. Yogurt – Apply directly as mask, or mix with other ingredients. This is great to fight wrinkles, dissolve dead skin and tighten pores.
21. Olive Oil – Olive oil is a boon for our skin, specially for dry skin. However, it is also very effective in getting rid of breakouts. It can be applied directly or mixed with yogurt. The anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and antioxidant properties of this fatty acid-enriched substance makes this a real cure for acne, even for oily skin.
22. Milk – You can use it alone as a basic mask, by dabbing it on with a towel, or you can mix with other things, like honey. The lactic acid in milk is great for healing and hydrating dry skin, healing acne and sunburn.
23. Sugar – While sugar may be the worst thing to eat for your skin, using on your skin as a scrub is great for unclogging pores and exfoliating your skin – a must for preventing acne. Mix with olive oil or other substance to help form a loose scrub.
So, here is a list of 23 Things in Your Kitchen You Can Use Right Now to Calm Your Acne & Get Rid of It. Natural treatments are best, when it comes to acne and other skin issues. I hope you found this article helpful 🙂