Hey everyone 🙂 How to Wear Bright Lipstick is my post for today. after receiving lots of request for this tutorial finally blog presenting How to Wear Bright Lipsticks. This Season, it is a trend to sport Bright lip colors. The hottest ones in trend are hot Pink, Fuschia pink, Reds, Mauves and Oranges. Below are a set of tips and tricks you might follow to sport beautiful and bright lips 🙂
- A bright lip colour draws attention towards your lips in particular and the center of your face, in general. So, make your that you exfoliate your lips well using some vaseline on an ear bud as any flakes look really distracting. Also, your lips will get well moisturized in the process and hence appearing juicy. 🙂
- To sport a bright lip color, the rest of your face and base makeup needs to be really clean, fresh and dewy. Start by cleansing your face using a deep cleansing milk. Splash some cold water to reduce the appearance of facial pores. Alternatively, you may rub a ice cube wrapped in a cloth. Next, tone your face to enhance the cleansing.
- Apply a light water based lotion. It would give your skin a nice, dewy glow.
- Next apply a makeup primer so that your makeup is retained better. Primer is also protective in nature as it acts as a shield between your face and layers of products you are going to put on so, a must for at least oil prone skin.
- Take the foundation that best matches your skin tone. Apply multiple dots of the foundation on your face and then blend it using either your finger tips or a makeup sponge. start from the centre and blend outwards.
- You should always use a bit of bronzer on the dip below your cheek bone to define it and make it look more chiselled. Bright colours tend to make your face look flatter. So, a little contouring is nice.
- Next, set your base makeup with a loose powder or pressed powder. This ensures that your that your makeup doesn’t crease. Remember, you need to use very small quantity.
- Next, comes the eye shadow. If you are blessed with healthy skin then you can carry a Bright lip well with just a sheer shimmery eye shadow or taupe shades and mascara. Adding colour to eyes is not a must but definitely a good addition.
- Lets come to defining the lips now. They need to be very nicely and crisply outlined before filling in the color. When you fill in the color, blot the first coat on a tissue and then apply a second coat, blot excess. Finally, set your lipstick with a blush on of the same color family.
There are certain guidelines as to which skin tone can sport which lip shades, the best. However, there is no thumb rule, if you are really drawn to a color and confident about it, go ahead…
- If you have fair skin then as per me, Warmer Bronze , fuchsia Pink and bluish Pinks shades should suit you the best. This helps create warmth on otherwise pale white skin. Medium complexions look best in blue based Reds and Maroons. Darker skin tones look good in lips in Purple colour family. Almost any complexion looks good in Red Pink cocktail, which is not too loud.
- Conceal any imperfects to get a crisp cupid’s bow.
- If you do not want a proper matte look then you may use the pad of your Ring finger to pat on to the lip color. This softens the color and prevents it from looking loud and screaming for attention.
- Now, I would suggest that you apply blush after you are done with your lips. This gives you a good idea as to how much color you need to build. I opt for cream blushes as they reflect light better and add depth to the face. This accentuates the beauty of your lip color.
- Try not to include the blush and Lips from the same color family. Pink lips go well with Peachy cheeks and Orangey lips look better with a kiss of Pink blush.
Product Kiran used for this look
- Vlcc cleansing Milk
- Oriflame skin perfecting primer
- Lakme CC cream
- Oriflame concealer
- Flormar Face powderEyes
- Oriflame Eye shadow
- Faces eye shadow brush
- Lakme eyeconic Mascara
- Vega Blush brush
- Lakme bronze powder
- Beauty uk Peach blushLips
- Oriflame lip liner
- Coloressence Burning red lipstick