Threading is the process of removing facial hair straight from the roots and thus keeping our skin free from unwanted hair. Threading has been in practice for centuries. It is one of the most important part of our beauty regime. Threading is a simple method and is relatively inexpensive compared to other hair removal process. Threading can be done on all skin types. However if you have sensitive skin, you may experience some skin irritation after threading. So let’s check out some Tips to Take Care of Skin After Threading.
Threading is the most common method and is considered better than waxing, when it comes to hair removal. Be it eye brows, upper lips or side cheeks, we often opt for threading to get rid of extra body hair. But some of us often experience certain skin issues right after threading. We often suffer from redness and little itchiness as well as cuts and rashes. Also some of us suffer from temporary breakouts on our skin after threading. But if you follow some simple skin tips, you can easily avoid these issues. Scroll down below to know about Tips to Take Care of Skin After Threading.
Tips to Take Care of Skin After Threading
- Wash your face with cold water after threading as this will minimize the skin irritation. Pour some toner on a cotton ball and wipe the threaded area. Choose a toner that contains witch hazel as it will reduce the size of the pores. You can also choose a toner that contains salicylic acid to avoid clogging of pores and chances of breakouts.
- Avoid touching the threaded skin as the skin pores remain open at that time and if they come across the dirt and oil of the hand, then it can result in redness and breakouts. Also don’t exfoliate the area soon after threading.
also Read ⇓
- Rub some ice on the irritated skin. Ice will soothe the rashes and the cuts that occur during threading and also reduce the burning sensation. Moreover rubbing ice on the threaded area helps the skin pores to minimize.
- Apply a light moisturizing lotion to the skin as it helps to treat the irritated skin to a great extent. Pick a nourishing moisturizing lotion which is free from alcohol.
- Spray some rose water onto the skin as it calms down the irritation and freshens up the skin as well. Apply some cold organic aloe vera gel to the threaded area as aloe vera is anti-inflammatory and therefore takes care of the swelling and pain post threading.
also Read ⇓
- Wait for at least two hours before you apply any cleanser to the threaded area. Wash the threaded area with anti bacterial cleanser and follow it up with soothing moisturizer to keep skin soft.
- Don’t step out in the sun immediately after threading as the skin remains very sensitive to sun’s UV ray.
- Avoid any type of heat treatment after threading as it might result in dry and cracked skin.
- Don’t use any bleach product immediately after undergoing threading. This might irritate the skin and itchiness and redness can happen. If you are planning for a bleach after threading, maintain a gap of at least one hour.
- Stay away from using any kind of makeup on the threaded area for at least 4-5 hours because it may increase the skin irritation.
also Read ⇓
So friends, here are some easy to follow skin care tips to minimize the skin irritation right after threading. Hope these help!