Tips for Hair Growth – Hello girls, if you want to the best tips for hair growth you have landed on a perfect post. Here I have perfectly mentioned the best tips to grow your hair . From the scalp related issues to the ph level every thing is explained very efficiently below. The tips mentioned are surely beneficial which will give you long hairs enhancing your beauty. So what are you waiting for go ahead and have quick glance on the post and make your self more beautiful.
The human scalp has around 1,00,000 – 1,50,000 hair follicles. Each follicle grows a hair continuously for between 2 and 7 years, potentially producing a terminal hair in excess of 1 meters in length. Each scalp follicle on average grows 20-30 hairs in a lifetime. About 95% of the follicles on the scalp are in an active growth phase. The density of the follicles decreases with age, from about 500-700 per cm (2) at birth to 250-350 cm (2) as an adult once the scalp area increases. Although a single hair can grow for years, it’s not living in the sense that it can repair itself.
A number of international shampoo brands carry a caption which says ‘pH balanced shampoo’. But what is pH balance and how does it actually affect your hair? pH is a scale from 0 to 14, which measures the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. Solutions with a pH less than 7 are acidic, while those with a pH more than 7 are alkaline. Solutions with a pH of 7 are considered neutral. The natural pH of your hair is around 5.5. At this pH, the hair is the strongest since there is a unique balance between the positive and negative charges, resulting in a maximum number of salt bonds being formed. If a solution which is either acidic or alkaline is applied to your hair, it will become weaker. Because the unique balance of charges is destroyed, reducing the number of salt bonds formed. Any chemical with a pH of more than 10, or less than 0 will severely damage your hair. Most other hair care and hair wash products – like toilet soaps, lime juice solution or vinegar – are either significantly acidic or alkaline and can lead to the weakening of your hair.
TIPS FOR HAIR GROWTH:
• Hair treatment with natural oils– Jojoba oil, Olive oil, Almond oil, Coconut oil, Mustard oil, Sesame oil, Castor oil.
• Avoid chlorinated or salty water. If you are crazy for swimming, always use a swimming cap or at least shampoo your hair after swimming.
• Always wear a cap with brim or a scarf to protect from sunlight. You can also use a conditioner with SPF protection but these are usually not very effective.
• Use good quality fabric covered ponytails to avoid any trauma caused by elastics. Always be very selective for the hair accessories you put to style your locks as much of the damage is caused by unsuitable clips and ponytails.
• Braid your hairs and tie them in a pony tail before going to bed to avoid any breakage during sleeping. This also helps to decrease hair loss.
• Never use electric appliances to your hairs, like electric rods, curling irons, hot rollers, or flat irons. Similarly avoid other chemical based hair treatments to prevent unnecessary trauma.
• Shampoo your manes at least twice a week if they are thin and fine. For dry and coarse hairs just washing them once a week works best, while oily hairs may need to be washed daily to look healthy and glowing.
• Another important step to give your hairs a clean and healthy look is to trim them properly and at proper time, for most hairs this time is once a month but if you have really healthy hairs you may do not need to trim hairs before two months or even more. But it is best to do so before split ends start peeping out of your pony or braid. This will help to promote faster hair growth
• Always be gentle to your hairs. Use good quality hair products and hair accessories. Brush you hairs gently and try to put minimum trauma while brushing and styling. Read more on proper brushing hairs.
• Properly remove excess water from wet hairs with a towel (but remember to be temperate). Don’t rub your hair vigorously with towel. For untangling wet hairs never use a brush. Always use a wide tooth comb to untangle wet hairs. Again the quality of comb is important, use natural bristle hair combs and brushes or alternatively you can find smooth wooden combs and brushes.
• Start brushing or combing from the bottom of the locks then work toward the top. This way you can minimize the damage.
• Allow your hairs to dry naturally whenever possible. If you are in a hurry, use a blow dryer at lowest possible setting. The intense heat from blow drying can cause split ends.
• Do not use too hot water for hairs and scalp. It can damage the roots and promote dandruff. Furthermore too hot water can wash away natural oils from scalp giving your beautiful locks a dry fizzy look.