Simple Ways to get Pink Lips Naturally at Home – Nothing complements a beautiful face more than a gorgeous smile! And healthy pink lips add beauty to our smile. That’s not all, pink lips is a sign of health as well. Naturally rosy pink lips are quite an appealing feature, isn’t it? But due to various factors, our lips turn dark or slightly blackish. Also, some people have pale or dark lips naturally which do not look attractive. Dark lips add years to your actual age and make you look older. However, now-a-days you get 100 different shades of pink lipsticks that can make your lips look pink. But we cannot wear lipsticks or lip balms all the time and that’s why, you must read this article on simple ways to get pink lips naturally at home.
Check – Easy & Effective DIY Lip Scrub for a Super-Smooth Pout
Lips are one of the most delicate parts of our body and there is no oil gland present on lips. Therefore, it is very important that we take intense care of our lips. Pink lips are beautiful, but why can’t we have them naturally? What are the factors that cause lip discoloration? Lets find out.
Check – How To Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Causes of Dark Lips
Before we start exploring the best natural remedies to get pink lips at home, lets find out the causes of dark lips below –
Smoking – This is one of the main culprit behind lip discoloration. The tobacco present on cigarette actually darkens the lips by staining them. Also, smoking can result in drying up the lips which is why our lips look dark and patchy.
Hyper pigmentation – Hyper pigmentation can also cause lip discoloration. If melanin production on the lips increases for some reason, for example too much of sun exposure, it can cause dark lips. So, always make sure to wear a lip balm with SPF whether you go out or stay indoor during the day time.
Lack of care – If you do not care properly for your lips, over time lips might turn dark and lose its natural pink tint. Lack of exfoliation, less moisturization, wearing poor quality lipsticks, not using sunscreen etc can lead to pigmented lips.
Allergies – Some times certain chemicals present in our lip products can have adverse affect on the skin of our lips and make them turn blackish or bluish. It is mostly the artificial fragrance or colorants that causes such reactions and then result in lip discoloration.
Caffeine – Well, not actually caffeine, but too much caffeine can darken our lips. Caffeine is diuretic and that’s why it dehydrates the skin on our lips and over time, our lips look blackish or brownish in color. No need to cut down your daily caffeine intake altogether, but you must definitely keep a check.
Dryness – Many of us are already aware of the fact that our lips have no oil glands on them. So external moisturization is super important. And since the skin on our lips is very delicate and thin, it can lose moisture at a rapid rate in rough weather. These factors can make our lips super dry and they can turn black.
Poor Diet – If your daily diet cannot provide your body with all the nutrients that it requires, then also you can face this issue of lip discoloration or lip pigmentation. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated from inside and add lots of green veggies to your daily food habit.
So those were few of the reasons behind lip pigmentation. Being able to identify the reason helps us to address the problem better. Now that we have learnt about some of the reasons, lets move onto the solution part now. So, how can we get pink lips naturally at home? Find out below 🙂
Simple Ways to get Pink Lips Naturally at Home
Check out below all the natural home remedies to get soft, pink lips.
1. Apply Lemon to get Pink and Soft Lips
Why to use lemon to get pink lips
Lemon is well known for its skin brightening and lightening properties. Lemon juice has natural bleaching abilities that can lighten the dark lips and restore pink lips naturally. Also the vitamin C present in lemon juice promotes cell regeneration which also helps to get rid of the darkness on the skin of our lips. Its a simple yet very powerful remedy for lip pigmentation.
How to use lemon
Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with glycerin and honey on lips and let it stay overnight. Wash off the next morning.
- Mix few drops of almond oil with lemon juice and apply on lips. Let it stay for few hours or overnight. This will nourish the lips as well as cure the darkness of the lips and restore pink lips.
- Cut a thin slice of lemon and sprinkle a bit of sugar on top of it. Gently rub your lips with this lemon slice to exfoliate the dead skin cells. This will help fresh and new skin to appear on the surface. Repeat this daily for few weeks to see positive results.
2. Use Pomegranate Seeds
Why to use pomegranate
Pomegranate is a rich source of antioxidants. According to researches, pomegranate contains more amount of antioxidants than green tea. It fights free radicals that damages our skin in various ways. Pomegranate also contains Vitamin A, C and E. All these nutrients helps to reduce hyper pigmentation and that’s why it is considered as one of the most effective natural treatment to get pink lips at home.
Check – 15 Amazing Benefits of Pomegranate Juice for Skin, Hair and Health
How to use pomegranate
- Crush the seeds of the pomegranate by putting them in a blender. Take them out and add some cold milk and form a thick paste. Apply this paste on to the lips daily for few weeks to get naturally soft and pink lips.
- Mix equal parts of pomegranate juice, beetroot juice and carrot juice. Apply this on the lips once everyday to get rid of dark lips.
- Drinking pomegranate juice everyday also helps to get rid of the hyper pigmentation on the skin of our lips and restore naturally soft and pink lips.
3. Apply Coconut Oil to get rid of Dark Lips
Why to use coconut oil
Next on our list of home remedies for pink lips comes coconut oil. Coconut oil is a great ingredient for our skin care including dry lips. Dry lips can often cause from dryness. Coconut oil is the easiest way to smooth out dry lips and when lips are replenished they appear pink and soft.
How to use coconut oil
- Replace your lip balm with extra virgin coconut oil. Simply apply coconut oil on the lips several times a day. This will nourish the lips and keep them soft and moisturized.
- Mix 1 tsp coconut oil with 1 tsp sea salt and make a home made lip scrub. Exfoliate your lips with this and then rinse off and dab a small amount of lip balm. This will remove the dead skin cells and make the lips soft, hydrated and smooth.
4. Get Rid of Dark Lips with Aloe Vera
Why to use aloe vera
Here comes another amazing way to get pink lips naturally. Aloe vera contains aloesin. This polyphenolic compound can prevent the pigmentation production in the skin and thus can prevent the darkening of lips. Moreover aloe vera contains a huge number of nutrients that rejuvenate the damaged skin cells of our lips and make them hydrated, soft and smooth.
How to use aloe vera
- Simply apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel on the lips and let it dry. Rinse with lukewarm water and follow this amazing remedy once a day for best results.
- Get hold of some fresh aloe vera gel and store it in a glass container. To this add few drops of olive oil or coconut oil. Mix both the ingredients and use this just like your lip balm. Store it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. Apply it several times in a day.
5. Use Rose Petals to Get Naturally Pink and Soft Lips
Why to use rose petals
This is one of the most popular natural remedy to get naturally pink lips. Rose has naturally soothing, cooling and moisturizing properties. The beautiful pink tint of rose helps to get that beautiful pink hue to the lips as well as lighten the darkness and make the lips soft.
How to use rose petals
- Take few fresh rose petals and soak them in milk for an hour. Then grind this mixture and make a fine paste. To this, add 1 and half tsp of honey and some saffron strands. Again mix all the ingredients and apply it on your lips. Let it sit for some time and wash off. Do it twice a day for best results.
- Mix a tbsp of rose petal paste with a tbsp of butter and honey. You can also add milk cream in that mixture. Mix the ingredients and make a nice paste. Apply it on the lips and gently scrub them for at least twice a week.
6. Beetroot Juice Remedy for Pigmented Lips
Why to use beetroot juice
Here comes one of the most effective natural remedy to get naturally pink lips. Applying beetroot juice imparts a natural color to the lips. Beetroot juice has natural bleaching properties that help to lighten dark pigmented lips. Check out below how to use beetroot juice to remove pigmentation from lips.
Check – Have you heard about Beetroot Face Mask
How to use beetroot juice
- The easiest way to use beetroot juice to get naturally pink lips is by applying fresh beetroot juice on the lips. Do this every night before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and wash off the next morning. The natural red tint of beetroot helps to impart a natural rosy tint to the lips.
- In a glass jar, pour 1 tbsp shea butter, 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp beeswax pellets. Heat some water in a container and place the jar in that pan. Keep on stirring so that the ingredients blend and melt together. Once everything is melted add half tsp beetroot powder and mix once again. Transfer the entire mixture in to an empty lip balm jar and let it cool down to set. Your beetroot lip balm is ready. Use this just like your normal lip balm and over time your lips will turn pink naturally.
7. DIY Lip Treatment for Dark Lips
If you want your lips to look fresh and naturally pink then you must use lip scrub and lip mask regularly. Lip scrub helps to get rid of the dark and pigmented cells on the lips and lighten as well as brighten our lip color. It unveils the pink and fresh skin on the lips which is why your lips look naturally rosy after exfoliation.
- Milk and turmeric lip exfoliator – Take a tsp of cold milk and add half tsp turmeric powder. Mix together to form a paste. With your finger tips apply this paste on your lips and leave it on for 5-6 minutes. Gently scrub it off while removing the paste. Wash with warm water and apply some lip balm.
- Lemon and glycerin lip mask – Mix a tsp each of lemon juice and glycerin. Your lemon and glycerin lip mask is ready. You can store it in a container and keep it in the fridge. With a soft toothbrush or your finger tips apply this lip mask on clean lips. Let it sit for some time and then wipe off with a wet washcloth.
- Raspberry and Honey Lip Mask – Here is another amazing remedy to get pink lips naturally. Blend some raspberry and to that, add some honey and aloe vera gel. Mix all the ingredients well and apply on the lips. Wait for 10 minutes and wash off. Follow it up with a lip balm. Do this regularly to get naturally pink lips.
- Exfoliating with toothbrush – Gently massage your lips with a toothbrush that has very soft bristles. This will help to clean up the dead skin cells and make the lips fresh and bright. This is the easiest home remedy to get naturally soft pink lips.
8. Use Cucumber Lip Mask
Why to use cucumber
Cucumber is one of the most effective natural remedy for lip pigmentation. Cucumber has skin lightening properties. It can bind the collagen which ensures that our lips stay firm as well as supple. And when the skin on the lips is supple, firm and healthy, it normally appears pink. Cucumber juice can also rejuvenate the lips, soothe them and nourish them.
Check – How to Make Skin Brightening Serum Using Cucumber
How to use cucumber
- Rub a slice of cucumber before going to bed at night. Let it work overnight and wash off in the morning. This will ensure our lips stay hydrated, nourished, soft and healthy. Do this every night and you will see noticeable change soon.
- Grate half of a cucumber and extract its juice. Keep the cucumber juice in the fridge to let it cool. Take out from the fridge and dip a cotton ball in that juice. Apply it on the lips and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with plain water. Do this at least once everyday to notice a change in your lip color.
- Combine equal parts of cucumber juice and lime juice. Apply the mixture directly onto the lips. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes and then, rinse off with plain water.
9. Papaya Therapy to get rid of Dark Lips
Why to use use papaya
Papaya contains an enzyme known as papain which has significant skin lightening properties. It decreases pigmentation, lightens skin tone as well as promotes skin regeneration. Moreover, it also smoothens out dry and flaky skin. Also the AHA present in papaya can exfoliate the skin and potassium hydrates and moisturizes dry skin beautifully. When applied on the lips, papaya lightens the pigmentation and also restore naturally pink lips over time.
How to use papaya
- Throw some small pieces of papaya in the blender and get a smooth paste. Take about half tsp of papaya paste and using a toothbrush slowly rub it to lips for 5 minutes. Let it dry and then rinse off. Follow up with a lip balm.
- Mix 1 tbsp ripe papaya pulp, 1 tbsp honey as well as a pinch of brown sugar to prepare a homemade lip scrub. Use this lip scrub every alternate day to exfoliate your lips. Rinse off and don’t forget to apply lip balm.
10. Use Baking Soda to remove Darkness from Lips
Why to use baking soda
We are going to conclude this list of natural remedies to get pink lips with baking soda. Often dark lips result from accumulation of dead skin cells. And probably you won’t get an easier solution than baking soda to get rid of the dead skin cells. Baking soda is a great exfoliator that remove the dead and pigmented skin cells and make way for healthy, fresh, pink skin to the surface.
Check – How to Use Baking Soda to Lighten Skin
How to use baking soda
- All you need to do is make a paste by mixing some baking soda with water. Apply this on to the lips and then gently rub the lips in circular motion. Don’t be too harsh or you might end up with bleeding lips. Rinse off, pat dry and apply a lip balm.
Those were few simple yet powerful home remedies to get pink lips naturally at home. But these remedies would work even better if you follow some basic lip care tips. We have listed down few lip care tips for you below. Do check them out.
Lip Care Tips to Get Pink Lips Naturally at Home
- Never, ever forget to moisturize your lips frequently. The skin on our lips is thin as well as delicate and it has no oil glands present in it. Therefore, it is extremely important to provide external moisturization. Always keep a lip balm handy and also apply it several times in a day. But do avoid lip balms that contain petroleum or petroleum based products.
- Try to avoid extremely dark lipsticks. The pigments present in those super dark lipsticks tend to snatch away the natural pinkish tint of our lips. Go for nude ones as well as the soft colors. This is a great little tip to get pink lips naturally at home.
- Chlorinated water can cause darkening of lips. So try to avoid contact with chlorinated water as much as possible. Do apply a thick coat of lip balm while going for swimming to avoid direct contact with chlorinated water.
- Don’t suck or lick your lips frequently. Many of us have this habit of licking lips frequently to keep them wet. But in reality, they actually do the opposite. Licking the lips actually tend to dry out them which can lead to unwanted darkening of lips. So if you want to maintain naturally pink lips, do cut down on these habits.
- Never ever go out in the sun without applying lip balm with SPF. Now-a-days there are many lipsticks available as well that come with sun protection factor. So go and grab them if you haven’t already. Protect your delicate lips from sun exposure to maintain the soft, rosy tint.
- Dark lips can be genetic as well. In that case, these natural remedies might not work for you. So if you think your lip pigmentation is genetic, don’t waste time anymore and go and see a doctor.
No one can deny the beauty of soft, pink lips. But due to various factors, our lips turn dark. However, the good news is that you can always reverse the damage and get back your naturally soft and pink lips. Follow these natural remedies and see how beautiful your lips look even without lipsticks 🙂