7 Simple Face Packs for Summer that You Can Try at Home – We are already feeling ‘the heat’, which means summer is here! So, here we have listed the best face packs for summer to keep your skin healthy and gorgeous. Summer is not an easy time for our skin, thanks to the cruel sun and the humidity in the air. Our skin gets sometimes oily and sometimes dry. And since we sweat a lot, our skin gets dehydrated easily. Going for a facial in every 15 days to rejuvenate the skin not only hits the pocket hard, but also not a healthy choice. Salons normally use chemical based products for facial and it doesn’t feel good to let your skin undergo such treatments frequently. So, check out the list of simple face packs for summer to try at home.
Check – Homemade Sugar Scrubs for Healthy Skin in Summer
One of the major problems that we face in summer is dehydrated skin. But apart from dehydration, summer causes many other skin problems, such as tanning, excessive oiliness on the skin, acne, rashes, open pores, pigmentation etc. The simple homemade face packs for summer ensure that our skin stays hydrated, healthy and nourished from within.
Simple Face Packs for Summer to Try at Home
These face packs are natural and easy to prepare, and protect our skin from acne, pimple, rashes and bring refreshment for our skin in summer. So, lets get started with the list of simple, cooling face packs for summer.
1. Watermelon Face Packs
How to make watermelon face packs for summer
We are starting our list of best homemade face packs for summer with watermelon. You will find very few people who don’t love watermelon. It is not only a highly refreshing fruit for our body, but also benefits our skin very much. Check out few watermelon face packs for summer below that you can try at home.
- Take a small piece of fresh watermelon along with its skin and seeds. Put it in the blender to prepare a paste. Transfer it into a clean bowl and add half cup plain yogurt and 1 tbsp organic honey. Mix all the ingredients and then apply on the face with the help of a cotton ball. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. Apply moisturizer. This is a great watermelon face pack for dry skin. Repeat regularly.
- Mix 1 tbsp fresh watermelon juice with 1 tbsp mashed banana. Apply it all over the face, allow it to sit for 10 minutes and then wash off with luke warm water. Summer can aggravate our acne condition and this is a great face pack to fight off acne. Banana reduces skin inflammation and watermelon juice exfoliates the skin as well as unclog blocked pores to reduce the chance of breakouts.
- Take one medium size cucumber, peel and grate the cucumber. Extract the juice from grated cucumber. Take a few fresh watermelon cubes and squeeze them to collect watermelon juice. In a bowl, take 1 tsp each of cucumber juice, watermelon juice and sandalwood powder. Mix all the ingredients and apply it all over the face. Wait for 20 minutes and then rinse off with plain water. This is one of the best face packs for summer to get healthy, glowing skin. Watermelon juice can control excess oil secretion while cucumber brightens the skin, keeps it hydrated as well as treats sunburn. Sandalwood powder improves our complexion, keeps acne and pimples at bay and also soothes the skin.
Watermelon works like a skin saver in summer. It contains 93% water and also vitamin A, B6 and C. It keeps the skin hydrated and also repairs the damage as well as protect the skin from further damages. Watermelon juice works as a natural cleanser. It has the ability to remove the excess oil from the skin. The anti oxidant properties of watermelon rejuvenate the skin and prevent skin aging. Topical use of watermelon can exfoliate the skin, remove the dirt and impurities and unclog blocked pores.
2. Mango Face Packs
How to prepare mango face packs for summer
Next we will talk about mango face packs for summer. When you think about summer, the first thing that comes to your mind is mango. Many of us tolerate summer just because of the yummy mangoes. Its not only a treat for our taste buds, but mangoes are beneficial for our skin as well.
- Take 1 medium sized mango and peel it and cut it in small cubes. In a blender, put the mango cubes and prepare mango pulp. Add 3-4 tbsp of yogurt and mix well. Apply it on the face and neck and wait for 15-20 minutes. Finally wash it off with plain water. Its one of the best face packs for summer for dry skin. This face pack, with regular use, moisturizes and hydrates the skin as well as brings a glow.
- This face pack is great for those with oily skin. Take 1/4th of a big mango, remove the skin and cut it into small pieces. Put them in blender and add in 1 tbsp fuller’s earth, 1-2 tbsp of honey and some milk. Blend together to make a smooth paste. Apply it on the face and neck and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. Wash it off with luke warm water. Fuller’s earth or multani mitti is a natural absorbent. It soaks off extra oil and also reduces the chances of breakouts. Mango nourishes the skin and makes it supple. This face pack is a great glow booster.
- Alternatively, soak 4-5 almonds in a bowl of water overnight. Next day, put the soaked almonds in the blender. Add one peeled mango (cut into small cubes), 2 tbsp honey and 3 tbsp gram flour in the blender and make a smooth paste. Apply this face pack on the face and neck and let it dry naturally. Rinse off with cold water. This is one of the best face packs for summer that also helps to remove sun tan with regular use. You can apply this face pack on all the body parts that are tanned.
- Here is one of the best face packs for summer using mango suitable for all skin types. Take 1 medium sized mango and peel it and cut into small cubes. Put them in a blender and add 3 tsp of oatmeal and 2 tbsp of milk. Blend together and then make a paste. Take it out and add 3 tsp fullers earth to the paste. Mix everything once again to prepare the face pack. Apply it all over the face and neck and let it dry completely. Wash it off with cold water. With regular use, this mango face pack will nourish and replenish the skin and give an instant glow.
Mangoes are rich in vitamin A and C. Vitamin A boosts sebum production which helps in keeping the skin supple and glowing. Vitamin C stimulates collagen production and maintains the skin texture. Mangoes also contain antioxidant flavonoids which play an active role in protecting our skin from free radicals. Homemade Mango face packs for summer keep the skin hydrated, lighten pigmentation and dark spots as well as keep the skin supple.
3. Cucumber Face Packs
Steps to make face packs for summer using cucumber
- Take half of a cucumber, remove the skin and cut into small cubes. Put them in the blender, add 2 tbsp fresh aloe vera gel and blend together to make a smooth paste. Apply it all over the face and neck and keep it on for 15 minutes. Use luke warm water to wash it off. This face pack will hydrate our skin. The cooling properties of cucumber and aloe vera will soothe sun burned skin as well.
- Alternatively, grate a cucumber and then squeeze out the juice. Mix 3 tbsp of cucumber juice and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Apply on the face and neck with the help of a cotton ball, keep it on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with fresh water. This is one of the best face packs for summer for oily skin and it also helps to get rid of sun tan. The astringent properties of cucumber juice as well as lemon juice work together to control excess oil production.
- You can prepare another cucumber face pack for summer by mixing some tomato pulp and apple cider vinegar in cucumber juice. Apply this face pack all over the face with the help of a face pack brush. Wait for 30 minutes and then wash off with luke warm water. This face mask, with regular use, helps in tightening pores, thanks to the acidic properties of tomato as well as apple cider vinegar. This way, it helps in keeping acne and pimples at bay.
Cucumber contains 96% water which doesn’t allow the skin get dehydrated. It is rich in Vitamin C as well as caffeic acid, which effectively heals irritated skin. The water content and nutrients like, potassium, sulfate and vitamin A, K and also vitamin C helps in treating sun burn. The natural astringent properties of cucumber juice assists in tightening pores as well as controlling sebum secretion, which in turn, helps in minimizing breakouts. The soothing as well as the cooling properties of cucumber makes it one of the best skin care ingredients for summer.
Check – 18 Best Homemade Cucumber Face Mask for All Skin Types
4. Yogurt Face Packs
Procedure to prepare yogurt face packs for summer
- In a bowl, take 2 tbsp of yogurt, half tsp each of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder. Add a few drops of honey and mix all the ingredients together to make a smooth paste. Apply on the face and neck and wait for 15 minutes. Wash off with plain water. During summer many of us suffer from bad breakouts. I would suggest this face pack to all of them as it is a great face pack for treating acne, pimples. Yogurt and honey give moisturized, glowing and youthful skin.
- Mix one tomato pulp with a tsp each of honey and yogurt. Prepare a fine paste and apply it on the face. Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes and wash it off. Regular application of this face pack during summer helps in lightening sun tan and gives a glowing complexion. This face pack is enriched with the moisturizing properties of yogurt as well as the skin brightening properties of tomatoes.
- Alternatively, mix a tbsp of yogurt with 2 tsp of besan and few drops of honey. Mix together and add required amount of milk to make a smooth paste. Apply the face pack on face and neck, keep it on for 20 minutes and rinse off with plain water. This is a one of the best all skin types face packs for summer.
- Here is another tan removing face pack you can try at home using yogurt. Soak 10-12 saffron strands overnight in 2 tbsp of yogurt. Next day, mix them together and add 1-2 tsp of besan to prepare the face pack. Apply it on the face and let it dry naturally. Wash off with fresh clean water. Repeat regularly for best results.
Yogurt contains zinc as well as lactic acid both of which help to get rid of acne and dry skin. Zinc helps to get rid of acne and pimples and also boosts cell reproduction. Lactic acid exfoliates dry skin as well as unblock the pores. It is rich in B vitamins and also calcium which make the skin hydrated and glowing as well.
5. Basil Face Packs
How to prepare basil face packs for summer
- Take a handful of fresh basil leaves, add 1 tsp sandalwood powder and few drops of rose water. Mix all the ingredients to prepare the face pack. Apply it on face and let it dry naturally. Wash off with fresh water. Sandalwood powder helps in treating acne, controlling oil production as well as fighting off aging. It has anti bacterial properties as well. Rose water is a great cleanser and it helps in reducing redness of irritated skin.
- In a blender, put a handful of fresh basil leaves, 1 tsp honey and some besan. Blend together to make a thick paste. Apply it all over the face evenly and let it dry. Wash off with plain water. The anti oxidants properties of honey slow down the skin aging and also protect the skin from other damages. Besan exfoliates the skin and removes all the dirt and impurities.
- In a bowl, take a tsp each of tulsi powder, oatmeal powder as well as lemon juice. Mix them thoroughly to make a smooth paste. Apply on the skin and leave it on for 5-10 minutes and wash off with cool water. Oatmeal is a great cleanser for skin and it also has moisturizing properties. It also maintains the pH level of the skin. Lemon, due to its anti bacterial properties, helps in treating acne. The vitamin C in lemon juice also evens out the skin tone.
Basil or tulsi is known for its numerous benefits for beauty and health. It can solve a variety of skin issues and is often recommended by ayurvedic practitioners. Tulsi is a detoxifying agent which cleanses the skin as well as purifies it. It also has anti inflammatory properties. Tulsi is a powerful anti oxidant and it also helps in combating acne and other skin infections, thanks to the antibiotic and anti bacterial properties. Topical application of basil or tulsi helps in adding a glow to the skin. Furthermore, tulsi has skin lightening properties and it also assists in pore tightening.
6. Aloe Vera Face Packs
How to make aloe vera face packs for summer
- Take a handful of neem and tulsi leaves and put them in a blender. Add a little water and make a paste. Add some aloe vera gel to it and mix everything together. Apply this face pack all over the face and wait for 20 minutes before washing off. If you are worried over acne problems in summer, then do try this out. This face pack works great to fight off acne, thanks to the anti bacterial as well as anti microbial properties of aloe vera, neem and tulsi.
- If your skin gets too oily in summer, then here is the solution. Make a face pack by mixing together 1 tbsp aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp multani mitti, 1 tsp sandalwood powder and also 2-3 tbsp of rose water. Apply an even layer of this face pack on the face and wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with plain water. This face pack will not only keep your face oil free and fresh in summer, but also prevent acne and pimples too.
- Dull skin in summer? Try this glow booster – In a blender, put 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp each honey and milk and few drops of rose water. Blend them together to prepare a face pack. Apply it on face and neck. Wait for 30 minutes before rinsing off with luke warm water. Enriched with the goodness of aloe vera, milk, honey and turmeric, this face pack is a must try in summer. It keeps the skin healthy and moisturized and also renders a beautiful glow to the skin.
- Here is one of the best face packs for summer to get rid of acne. Mix together apple cider vinegar and water in 1:1 ratio. Add one tbsp aloe vera gel to it and mix the 3 ingredients together. Apply the resultant mixture on the acne affected parts of the face and massage gently. Keep it on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with plain water. Pat dry and apply some oil free moisturizer. Repeat daily to get acne-free, gorgeous skin.
Aloe vera is a miraculous herb and it works for all skin types. It comes with amazing beauty as well as health benefits. Aloe vera gel is very effective in treating various skin problems such as acne, dry skin, tanned skin, premature ageing, blemish as well as pigmentation etc. The anti bacterial and also the anti inflammatory properties of aloe vera helps in acne treatment. Also the natural astringent properties of aloe vera helps in absorbing excess oil and prevent clogging of pores. Aloe vera also contains salicylic acid which is known for its efficacy to treat acne, blackheads as well as whiteheads.
7. Jackfruit Face Packs
Different ways to make jackfruit face packs for summer
Jackfruit is another very easily available fruit during summer. It has a strong aroma, for which many people don’t like jackfruit. But it comes with a host of benefits for our health and skin. Check out below how to prepare jackfruit face packs for summer.
- Jackfruit has the ability to control extra oil secretion on the face. Take 5 jackfruit pods, add some olive oil and grind them together. Apply this paste on face, leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with luke warm water. This will take away excess oil from the face and also tone up oily skin. Do try this face pack if you are troubled with oily skin in summer.
- Summer tends to leave us with dull, dry and lifeless skin. Jackfruit can help you with that as well. Sun-dry some jackfruit seeds and then grind them along with milk and also some honey. Apply the paste on the face and neck. Let it dry naturally and then wash it off. Repeat 1-2 times in a week to restore the glow on your face.
- Got untimely wrinkles? Try jackfruit. Jackfruit can help you to get rid of them. Prepare some jackfruit pulp and add 1 tbsp of milk to that. Massage your face, specially the wrinkled areas, with this paste. Keep it on for another 10 minutes. Wipe it off with a wet towel and wash off with cold water.
- Sun tan is the biggest problem in summer. But guess what, jackfruit can be your savior here too! All you need to do is mix together some jackfruit pulp and lemon juice. Apply it on the tanned areas and let it sit for some time. Wash off with plain cold water. Do it once in a week and within a month, you are going to see great results.
Jackfruit is a great solution for achieving glowing skin. Jackfruit contains Vitamin B as well as C, both of which are beneficial for the skin. Vitamin C prevents free radical damages on the skin and Vitamin B helps in cell re-building. This fruit also helps in keeping the skin hydrated and also reduces the risk of various skin diseases.
So these were few amazing homemade face packs for summer that can solve most of your skin problems. All the ingredients are easily available and also you won’t have to spend too much time making these face packs either. Tell us your favorite face packs for summer below in the comment box 🙂