Hello friends today my post is How to Reduce the Appearance of Facial Pores. Facial pores are present on everybody’s skin but they happen to be more prominent in some people as opposed to others. There is no definite way to permanently shrink these pores as such but there are ways to make their appearance less obvious. These are most noticeable on the cheek area adjacent to the bridge of the nose. Basically these are hair follicles that have enlarged due to deep seated impurities, clogging by hardened oils or bacteria or affected due to environmental and hereditary factors. Below are a set of tips that would help you deal with the problem of facial pores to a good extent.
Tips to Reduce the Appearance of Facial Pores
- Cleanse your face really well twice a day with a mild face wash, preferably organic. Do not indulge in excessive face washing as by feedback mechanism, it makes your oil glands overactive. You may also pick a face wash that contains salicylic acid and glycolic acid.
Steam your face every alternate day to remove deep seated impurities. Steaming would dilate your pores loosening any deep seated dirt and grime and also helps in melting the hardened oils that are responsible for clogging of pores. Soon after steaming, splash some tap water and then cold water to Reduce The Appearance of Facial Pores.
Exfoliation is really important to shrink your facial pores as dead skin and deep seated dirt accumulated in your pores causes them to get clogged and appear more prominent.
- Carry a natural face freshener like Rose water, cucumber water or Coconut water in a spray bottle with you wherever you go to remove excessive oiliness/greasiness from skin. Avoid use of facial toners that contain alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.
- All natural scrubs work great for your skin, you may use besan/ oatmeal and crushed strawberries to gently exfoliate your skin each day to reduce the appearance of facial pores.
- Use water based, non greasy lotions to moisturize your skin.
- Before you put on your daily makeup/sun block lotion make sure you rub in an ice cube or splash some cool water on your face. This shrinks the pores and you can put on your makeup without the risk of it getting deep into your pores.
- Use skincare and makeup products that are non comedogenic.
- Use mineral based foundations and blushes.
- Use a concoction made out of diluted lemon juice and honey on enlarged pores. Make sure to perform a patch test before hand.
- Make a paste out of baking soda and water and apply as well as scrub on the affected area for 1 minute each night on affected area. After one week you may reduce the frequency to five days per week.
- Use pineapple juice that is rich in ascorbic acid and tomato juice that is rich in lycopenes on the affected areas of skin. Both these substances contain natural enzymes that firm up the skin.
- Use multani mitti face pack thrice a week or more as it removes deep seated grime from face.
- Apply plain yoghurt as a thin layer all over your face and leave on till dry. Wash off with plain water.
- Apply diluted apple cider vinegar to your face with a cotton ball for ten minutes each day and then wash off. This acts as a natural astringent and reduces pore size by removing excess oils, whiteheads and blackheads.
- Apply freshly squeezed aloe Vera gel before bedtime. You may leave it on all night.
- Use diluted juice of Lemons on your face to reduce prominence of facial pores.
Hope, you will try out these simple yet effective ways and benefit from them.