Perfect Manicure at Home – Today, I will share Perfect Manicure at Home.It is extremely important to take good care of your hands, especially before your wedding or any important occasion . Your wedding pictures will include close-ups of your mehendi, your ring, bangles, etc. So, you would really want your beautiful hands to be well-manicured.
Getting regular manicures at a professional salon can burn a few holes in your budget. Also if you have a sensitive skin, then you would prefer to avoid the unknown chemical products used by certain salons. So, here are some easy tips using which you can give yourself a manicure at home like a pro.
Here is your list of the basic ingredients for Manicure at Home:
- Cotton balls or buds
- A soft towel and a damp cloth
- Emery board or nail filer or clipper
- Cuticle cream and cuticle stick
- Anti-bacterial moisturising hand soap
- Moisturising hand lotion
- Nail polish remover
- Base coat and top coat
- Nail polish
- A shallow bowl
- Warm water
Step-by-step Manicure at Home
1) Remove your old nail polish by moistening a cotton ball with nail polish remover. Gently move from the base of the nail to the tip. After this, wash your hands in soapy water and gently pat dry with a soft towel.
2) Use the nail filer to shape your nails. Trim then first if needed. Then shape them by moving the filer in one direction only. Start at one edge and move to the top smoothly– don’t saw back and forth.
3) Fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Add a few drops of anti-bacterial moisturising hand soap to it. Soak your fingers in the soapy water for a few minutes to soften the cuticles. Then pat dry gently with a soft towel.
4) Rub a cuticle cream softly on all fingers. Use a cuticle stick or a wooden stick, to gently push back the cuticles. Again wash your hands in clean warm water and pat dry.
5) Apply a moisturizing hand lotion and massage your hands till the cream is completely absorbed. Remove any excess cream by wiping with a damp cloth.
6) Take a cotton ball moistened with nail polish remover and remove the cream from your nails, before you start to apply nail polish.
7) Before applying the nail color, start with a base coat, preferably with the nail strengthening formula. Apply to all nails and let it dry for a few minutes.
8) Choose a color of your choice. Apply the nail polish in smooth strokes, moving from the base of the nail to the tip. Three strokes are ideal to cover each nail– starting with one in the middle and then one on each side. Keep a paper towel and cotton ball dipped in remover handy, to fix any mistakes.
9) After a gap of ten minutes (till the nail polish dries completely), apply a second coat on it, in the same way.
10) Again after letting it dry completely, apply a top coat to make the color last longer. The longer you let the nails dry each time, the less smudging you will have.
Hope friends next time you will save money by doing this perfect manicure at home