Hi Beauties! Today I would be talking about an interesting product – Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat Review. I am very new to nail art. And recently I have started doing some nail art, I mean I am learning the basics still and failing. And after going through the article here on BHB, I tried the sponge method for ombre color, it came out so perfectly well, but then there was problem. Since I did not have any top coat, the nail paint surface was rough and my all hard work went in vein. And then my hunt began for top coat. A layer of top coat over a nail art is very important. It acts as a sealer to your just done beautiful nail art and it doesn’t chip off easily. Plus clear top coats give a glossy, shiny look to the nails, which looks great.
To my good luck, I came across this Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat on discount in Oriflame catalog. Off course, I needed it and that too at a reasonable price. I purchased !!!?Story begins from here now. Oriflame has this beautiful top and base coat. Oriflame is Swedish company selling beauty products through consultants. Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat claims to prepare, protect and perfect the nails and also works as a shiny nail polish. It can be used underneath nail color to prime and protect or can be applied ?over the nail color to prolong wear time. Scroll down below and read my Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat Review to find out if it actually works or not.
Price of Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat : Rs.279/- for 8 ml
Directions for use :Use under colour coat to prime and protect. Apply over colour coat to prolong wear by up to 3 days.
Key Ingredients : Not mentioned
Shelf Life : 30 months
Color : no color, it is transparent
Smell : no smell
What Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat claims
Base and top coat for nails prepares, protects and perfects and also works as a shiny nail polish. Protects against chipping. Use alone for a glossy natural nail look.
My experience with Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat
Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat comes in a transparent glass bottle, just like a nail polish. The consistency is liquid and it is supposed to be applied with the wand provided.
This is clear nail paint or nail polish. To begin with, apply a coat of this Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat to clean and bare nails. Once it is dry, apply a layer of nail polish or nail enamel. Again let it dry. Apply one more coat. After drying add a coat of top coat.
This claims to make nail paints last for up to 3 extra days and without chipping. I have tried it and I can assure this claims are 100% true.
Now I will tell you why this is must in your kitty:
- Nail paints last longer no matter what. Mine actually stayed for 14 days, and usually nail paints don’t stay on my nails easily as I do lot of housework.
- It can be used as a base coat. Darker nail shades make nails dark and ugly after we remove it using the remover. I had to wait earlier for at least 2 days to again remove the traces of nail paint stuck in the corner of the nails.
- After using as a top coat, my nail polish stays for 3 days extra and I find it amazing. Earlier, if I apply by Sunday night, I had to give a touch up by Thursday or Friday, But now I change weekly once and that’s really relaxing.
- It can be also used as a base coat for many of the nail arts.
- It smoothens out the top, after using as the top coat. As I experienced, while using the ombre nail art using the sponge.
Sincere advice to all the girlies out there, using top and base coat is must have. Even before buying the nail polish, consider buying this. It would make life lot easier.
Overall, I would say most of the brand do offer top coat and base coat separately and they are very expensive too. But this Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat?comes at a nominal price and very effective and true to its claims.
Good about Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat
- No chipping of nail polish
- Sufficient quantity
- Clear nail polish and can be used alone
- Can be used as base and as well as top coat
- Easily available through Oriflame consultants
- Primes nails
Bad About Oriflame The One Base and Top Coat
Availability : Easy
Fashion and Beauty Ratings : 5/5