Hi beauties 🙂 Today my post is about oil cleansing method. After my marriage, I faced mild acne due to hormonal changes. And that is when my hunt for DIY acne remedies started. Along with these remedies, I researched and read a lot about acne. These readings led to some of the myths to be cleared and I came across this method of oil cleansing. So lets check out Oil Cleansing Method For Acne.
Acne is formed due to pollution, impurities, bacteria. So, when we use soap to remove these impurities, the skin becomes dry and stops producing sebum and making the problem worse. But when we use oil for cleansing, the oil clears off the impurities and cleanses the skin thoroughly. Oil acts like sebum. Rubbing off oil on skin, this thought is very sickening, but when I have started implementing this, I have got wonderful results. There are two types of oils use in OCM process : Essential oils and carrier oils.
Essential oils are oils which should not be directly applied on skin. These oils should be mixed with carrier oils before applying on skin. If directly applied to skin, it can cause itching, reddening and some allergies. These oils are usually very expensive and few drops should be used at a time. Most of the times these oils can be used with body creams or massage creams for better effects. Ex., tea tree oil.
Carrier oils as mentioned above, can be directly applied on skin. Ex., Olive oil, castor oil.
Steps for Oil Cleansing Method for acne
1. Take olive oil, and mix with jojoba oil and few drops of essential tea tree oil.
2. Take all these three oils in your palm and rub it off so that the oil becomes warm.
3. This warm oil gently massage onto the skin for two minutes. Focus on problem areas like blackheads, acne, etc. See that the entire face is massaged with oil. There is no need to wash your face before staring this method. Massaging the oil unto the skin, will act like a make up remover. This will also remove waterproof make up like mascara.
4. Take hot water and dip a clean hand towel.
5. Keep this hot towel on your face till it completely becomes cool. This is a way of giving steam to the face to open up the pores.
6. Repeat one more time.
7. Wipe the cloth on face and tadaa,… you are done.
8. The face would be clean and fresh.
9. Repeat this process daily.
This process will deep cleanse your face thoroughly. Initially first few days, the skin might spurge, but that’s common. But after a two-three weeks regime, the skin would be clearer from clogged pores and skin would be very healthy and glowing. This has worked wonders for me and I am sure it would for you as well.
Acne Related post