Hey friends today I will gonna discuss Natural ways to control body odor with you. You have to agree that a bad body odor is embarrassing to oneself and uncomfortable to those who hang out with you. While there are lots of sprays and roll on deos available out there in the markets. They have their share of side effects like their strong association with breast cancer in women and all the global warming damage they cause to the environment. This definitely motivated me to switch to safer and more natural ways to keep the body odor under check. Below are some damn easy and practical ways that might come in really handy. Read on for more
- Mix equal quantities of cornstarch and baking soda. Use this mix, just as you would use a talcum powder by sprinkling over your dry underarms. Baking soda acts in two ways to control body odor. One, it acts by absorbing excessive moisture from the underarms and other regions of the body that sweat excessively. Also, baking soda acts like an anti bacterial.
- Apple cider vinegar works like magic when it comes to eliminating bad odor from body. You may use it externally as well consume it. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and rub it onto the parts that sweat excessively. Leave it on for a couple of minutes and then go for shower. Add a little honey and apple cider vinegar in warm water and drink it after meals at least twice a day. Apple cider vinegar acts by flushing out the toxins from body and also by balancing out the skin PH.
- Dilute the juice of half a lemon in equal quantities of water and apply it onto your underarms. Let it dry completely and then you may wash it off with plain water. Lemon juice is acidic in nature and lowers the PH of your skin.
- Use organic soaps that have Neem and Rosemary as their ingredients.
- Boil some Neem leaves in water and add this water to use cool bathing water after straining. In a similar way, you can use Mint leaves too.
- Reduce your consumption of fruits that have strong odors like onions, garlic, fish, pork, alcohol, coffee etc. This is a natural way of detoxifying your body and helps in changing the way you smell.
- Use diluted tea tree oil wipes to fight bacteria. These act as a natural skin sanitizer.
- Wear cotton clothing that allows the sweat to be evaporated fast and allows your skin to breathe.
- Start drinking green tea, wheat grass juice and coconut water to flush out the toxins.
- Instead of alcohol based deos, try using perfumes on pulse points. Spraying perfume on pulse points makes the fragrance last longer as these areas are relatively warmer due to proximity of the blood vessels to the skin in these areas. Pulse points can be found behind the ear, on neck, on wrist and at the back of the knee.
- Apply a little body butter or petroleum jelly on your skin before spraying the perfume.
- Add a few drops of Rose water or essential aroma oils to feel and smell fresh through the day.
- Apply a paste made out of gram flour and curd on your underarm and areas prone to excessive sweating. Wash off after it has dried.
- Last but not the least, wash at least once daily to get rid of sweat, bacterial build up on your skin. Do dry yourself thoroughly after bath and change into a fresh set of clothes. Of course, you need to get your armpits waxed for all the above remedies. Perform a patch test before trying anything full fledged.
I am sure these simple and easy ways would help you tackle this embarrassing problem of body odor.