10 Natural Remedies to Lighten Dark Neck at Home – Are you struggling with discolored, dark neck? Then you have arrived at the right place, because this article is all about best natural remedies to lighten dark neck at home. A beautiful glowing face with dark tanned neck is a complete turn off. Most of us are busy these days and cannot afford much time for skin care. Whatever little time we get in hand is normally spent to take care of our face. The neck area doesn’t get the care it requires. Over time dirt as well as pollutants get accumulated and lack of cleansing, exfoliation and almost no moisturization worsens the condition. But with the help of these excellent natural remedies to lighten dark neck, you will soon be able to reverse the damage. So check them out!
Check – Simple Tips to Reduce Skin Pigmentation Naturally
We will be discussing about the most effective natural remedies to lighten dark neck below, but before that let’s find out the main causes of dark neck. Is it all about lack of skin care, or there are other causes behind the darkening of the skin on the neck? Let’s find out!
Check – 8 Best Benefits of Coffee for Skin Care and Beauty
What are the Causes of Dark Neck
Many people tend to confuse between dark neck and Acanthois Nigricans. Acanthois Nigricans is a skin condition that causes the skin to be increasingly thicker and darker around joints and areas with many creases and folds such as armpits, elbows, knees and back of the neck. But dark neck or having dark skin on the neck is a harmless skin condition and also it’s not contagious.
- The main reason of skin darkening on our neck area is poor hygiene. Lack of cleansing, lack of exfoliation and poor moisturization means the skin on the neck is not properly taken care of and as a result, skin becomes dark and discolored.
- Too much sun exposure is another reason of dark neck. Sun exposure leads to overproduction of melanin and melanin is the pigment that determines our skin color. The more the melanin present in the skin, the darker the skin color is.
- Certain medical conditions, like diabetes and/or obesity can also cause dark neck area. Eczema or some fungal infection can also cause darkening of the skin around our neck area.
- Also be careful about the cosmetic or the skin care product you are using on your skin, specially if you are using it on the neck area. Certain chemicals present in those products can lead to hyper pigmentaion and cause dark neck.
So these were few of the causes that can lead to darkening of the skin around the neck area. But whatever the cause is, there is no denying that dark or pigmented, discolored neck is unsightly and if you have got it, you are probably desperately looking for ways to get rid of that. Your search may come to end here and below, you will get quite a few tried and tested and most effective natural remedies to lighten dark neck. Lets quickly take a look!
Natural Remedies to Lighten Dark Neck
Why to use natural remedies, when there are so many parlor treatments available these days? True! Home remedies take time to show result, while probably some cosmetic treatment will give you fast result. But still we recommend them because these natural home remedies are inexpensive and they are 100% safe to be used on the skin. Also you get permanent results. So lets get started!
1. Aloe Vera remedy to get rid of Dark Neck problem
Why to use aloe vera to lighten dark neck
Aloe vera contains a compound known as ‘anthraquinon’ and it is very helpful in removing the dead skin cells. Thus, it helps in lightening the skin around the neck. Aloe vera has skin bleaching properties which also prove to be helpful to lighten dark neck. Furthermore, aloe vera contains Aloesin, a flavonoid that helps to lighten the skin by inhibiting the activity of the enzyme that causes skin pigmentation. Moreover, aloe vera also moisturizes the skin, keeps it hydrated and nourished. Thanks to all the vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids present in aloe vera.
How to use Aloe Vera to get rid of dark neck
- Lets find out how you can use aloe vera to lighten dark neck. Simply extract the aloe vera gel from the leaf and apply it directly on the neck. Gently massage so that it gets absorbed into the skin. Leave it on for about 20-30 minutes and then wash off. Doing this daily will help to lighten dark neck quickly.
- Another way to use aloe vera in home remedies to lighten dark neck is by mixing equal quantity of aloe vera gel with cucumber juice and few drops of Vitamin E oil. Use this as a moisturizer for your neck after every bath. Regular application will help to get rid of stubborn tan that might have been the cause of dark neck.
2. Use Walnut to cure Dark Neck
Why to use walnut to get rid of dark neck
Next on our list of best natural remedies to lighten dark neck is walnuts. Lets find out how it works. Walnut is loaded with vitamins as well as minerals that provide amazing nourishment to the skin. Also walnut particles work great as exfoliator and that’s why, we get to see so many commercial face scrubs with walnut in them. Not only exfoliation, walnut also moisturizes the skin to keep it healthy.
Check – How to Use Orange for Skin Whitening
How to use walnut to lighten dark neck
- You can make a walnut-yogurt scrub at home and use that to lighten dark neck. Here’s how – Mix some crushed walnuts in yogurt and prepare a semi-thick paste. Apply it on the dark patches of your neck. Gently scrub and let it sit for some time. Use cold water to wash off. Follow this remedy twice a week to lighten dark neck significantly.
- Crush the walnuts coarsely so that it can be used to exfoliate the skin on your neck. Mix milk with it and then form a thick paste. Now exfoliate your neck skin using this mixture with your fingers for 5-6 minutes. Wash off with water. Repeat this treatment 3-4 times a week for few weeks to lighten dark neck. Milk is known as a great natural cleansing agent.
3. Get Clear Neck by using Cucumber
Why to use cucumber for clear neck
Cucumber is a great ingredient for our skin. It also helps in getting rid of the pigmentation on the skin of our neck. It has soothing properties that repair the damaged skin cells on the neck and also add a natural glow to the skin. Cucumber also has exfoliating properties that remove the dead skin cells from the neck and its bleaching properties helps to restore the original skin color of our neck.
How to use cucumber to get rid of dark neck
- Take a cucumber and grate it. Apply the grated cucumber or the cucumber juice on the dark areas of your neck and then scrub for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Another way to use cucumber to lighten dark neck is by mixing equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply it on the neck with the help of a cotton ball. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. These are couple of best home remedies to lighten dark neck.
4. Treat Dark Neck using Lemon Juice
Why to use lemon juice for dark neck
Lemon juice has amazing skin lightening properties. So no wonder that lemon juice is considered as one of the best natural remedies to lighten dark neck. Lemon juice contains citric acid which has natural bleaching properties. Also, vitamin C present in lemon juice helps to remove the dead skin cells accumulated on the neck and lighten dark neck. Check out below to know how you can use lemon juice to lighten dark neck.
Check – How to make Ubtan to Get Fair Skin at Home
How to use lemon juice to get rid of Dark Neck
- Mix equal parts of lemon juice and rose water. Apply it on the neck with the help of a cotton ball. You can do this before going to bed at night. Wash off with cold water the next morning. Do this daily for a month to see amazing result.
- Squeeze a lemon to extract the juice. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it and mix together to make a paste. Apply this on the dark neck with fingers or you can use a cotton ball as well. Massage it for couple of minutes and then leave it on for about 10 – 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Repeat regularly to lighten dark neck fast.
- Here is another way to use lemon juice to lighten dark neck. Add 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice to a cup of tomato puree. Mix well and apply it to the darkened areas of the neck. Wash off with water after 20 – 30 minutes. Repeat this remedy twice daily to lighten dark neck.
5. Use Oats to Remove Darkness from Neck
Why to use oats for dark neck
Next on our list of best natural remedies to lighten dark neck is oats. Dark neck is often the result of accumulation of dead skin cells and oats is known for its amazing exfoliating properties. Not only it cleanses the area, but also moisturizes the area and prevents skin dryness which is another reason of skin darkening.
How to use oats to remove darkness from neck
- Here are couple of amazing remedies to lighten dark neck using oats. Take 1/4 cup of oats in the grinder and grind to get a coarse powder. Transfer this in a bowl and then add tomato juice and also some rose water to make a paste. Apply this on the skin of the neck and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. Once it gets dry gently scrub the neck with wet fingertips and remove the paste. Wash off with cold water.
- Mix finely powdered oats (but not coarse) with some milk in a bowl. Apply this paste evenly on the neck and leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash off with water. Do this method regularly to lighten dark neck within a short period of time.
6. Treat Dark Neck using Potato Juice
Why to use potato juice to Lighten Dark Neck
Potato juice has natural bleaching qualities that can lighten the skin and slowly help to get rid of dark neck. Potato juice, contains an enzyme catecholase, which is a mild bleaching agent and helps to lighten skin. It contains potassium that hydrates and moisturizes skin, vitamin B6 that improves new cell formation and calcium helps to heal dry skin as well as protects the top layer of our skin.
Check – How to do Facial Bleach at Home to Get Brighter, Tighter and Fairer Skin
How to use potato juice to remove neck darkness
- Take one medium sized potato, grate it and squeeze out the juice. Add a tbsp each of besan and also sour curd to it and mix well to make a paste. Refrigerate it for few minutes and then apply this chilled pack on the dark neck. Let it dry naturally and then remove it with a damp towel. Finally wash off with cold water.
- You can also apply just the potato juice to lighten dark neck. Grate one small potato and squeeze well to extract the potato juice. With the help of a cotton ball apply this on the neck area and let it dry naturally. Rinse off with luke warm water. Do this once or twice a day to get best results.
- Mix together equal amount of potato juice as well as lemon juice. Apply this mixture on to the neck using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off with water. Repeat this daily to get rid of the skin darkness from the neck area.
7. Chickpea Flour to Get Clean and Clear Neck
Why to use chickpea flour for Dark Neck
Next on our list of natural remedies to lighten dark neck is chickpea. Chickpea flour has amazing exfoliation properties. It can reduce the dark patches from neck by deeply cleansing the skin and removing the dead skin cells.
How to use chickpea flour to get rid of dark neck
- Here is how you can use chickpea flour to remove the darkness from the skin of our neck. Mix together 1 tbsp chickpea flour and half tsp turmeric powder in a bowl. Add some water to that and make a fine paste. Spread this mixture evenly on the neck and then let it sit for about 30-45 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and repeat this remedy regularly. If you have dry skin, you can also add fresh cream to this home remedy for moisturization.
- In a bowl take 1 tbsp of chickpea flour. To this, add 1 tsp orange peel powder, 3 tsp of curd and give it a good mix. Apply this pack evenly on the skin of your neck and let it dry. Wash off with plain water. This remedy, when followed regularly, can help to lighten the darkness of the skin on the neck.
8. Use Baking Soda to Treat Dark Neck
Why to use baking soda to get rid of Dark Neck
Baking soda is one of the best natural ingredients to lighten dark neck at home. Baking soda has excellent exfoliating properties that helps in getting rid of the layer of dead skin cells from the neck and gradually lighten the darkness. This ingredient is also known to promote blood circulation and nourish the skin from within. Check out below how you can use baking soda to lighten dark neck.
How to use baking soda to lighten dark neck
- In a bowl take 2-3 tbsp baking soda and mix it with some water to make a paste. Apply it on the neck and gently massage. Let it sit for couple of minutes and then scrub it off. Rinse with clean water. Pat dry and do follow up with a moisturizer. Doing this everyday will give effective result.
- Make a simple paste by mixing some water with 2 tbsp baking soda. Add a tbsp of lemon juice to it and mix all the ingredients nicely. Spread this paste evenly on the neck. Let it dry naturally and then wash off with water. Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times in a week to get rid of the hyper pigmentation on the skin of your neck.
9. Orange Peel Home Remedy to Treat Dark Neck
Why to use orange peel to get rid of dark neck
Orange peel is another excellent natural remedy to lighten dark neck at home. We know that oranges are a great source of vitamin C which does wonders for our health. But according to researchers, orange peel contains more amount of Vitamin C than the flesh itself. Vitamin C promotes cell regeneration and also helps to repair damaged skin. Plus it contains high amounts of antioxidants that fights off the free radicals and protect the skin from damages. Orange peel has natural bleaching properties that helps in improving the skin color and also lighten the dark skin on the neck.
How to use orange peel to lighten dark neck
- So here is the first remedy to lighten dark neck using orange peel. You can get orange peel powder in the market or can prepare your own orange peel powder at home. All you have to do is to dry out some orange peel for at least 4-5 days. Now grind the dried orange peel into a powder. In a bowl take equal amount of orange peel powder and also whole milk. Mix both the ingredients together to form a paste. Apply the paste evenly on and around the neck and let it dry. Wash it off with plain water.
Tip : Always remember to dry the orange peel in shade and never in the sun. Drying them under the sun can cause the loss of Vitamin C and other antioxidant contents.
- Another way to use orange peel to lighten the dark skin on the neck is by grating the orange peel and then adding orange juice to it. Mix well and then apply this mixture on your neck. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes before washing off with cold water. Do this daily for best results.
- Alternatively, you can grind 1/2 cup of oatmeal with fresh orange peels to get a semi thick paste. Wash your neck with lukewarm water and apply this paste on the skin evenly. Let it dry completely and then wet your fingers and scrub gently for a minute. Finally wash it off with cool water.
10. Use Tomato to Lighten Dark Neck
Why to use tomato to lighten the neck naturally
The last one on our list of home remedies to lighten dark neck is tomato. Tomato, as we already know, works really great for our skin. Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin A which helps to fade away dark spots and marks. Vitamin B in tomato encourages new cell growth to repair the damaged skin on our neck. Tomatoes contain ‘Lycopene’ which protects our skin from harmful UV rays. Also, its potassium content moisturizes and hydrates the skin and magnesium provides natural radiance to the skin. In fact, tomatoes also contain Vitamin C which not only boosts collagen production but also exfoliates and eliminates the layer of dead skin cells. Find out below how to use tomato to lighten dark neck.
How to use tomato to get rid of dark skin from the neck
- Blend or grate 1 tomato and make fine paste. Apply this mixture over the skin of the neck. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse off with water. You can also cut a tomato into slightly thick slices and rub it all over the neck. This helps in getting rid of dark neck.
- In a bowl, take 1 tbsp of tomato juice and also 1 tbsp yogurt. Mix well and spread it evenly on the neck. Wait for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with plain water. Doing this regularly will definitely solve your dark neck problem.
So these were my top solutions to lighten dark neck naturally at home. If you are facing the problem of neck pigmentation or dark neck, do follow any of these remedies and see the result yourself. You might have to wait a bit, but I promise it will be worth the result.