Nail Art Using Cello Tape
Hi friends, today my post is about doing Nail Art using cello tape. This is an extremely easy way of getting stunning, professional looking results. It helps you get geometrical, stripe or crisp patterns. A very good technique for beginners like me.
Below, is a step-by-step tutorial will tell you how to go about it
1.Start with getting rid of old nail paint with a cotton ball dipped in remover.
2. Apply a clear base coat and let it dry.
3. Use a light polish for your first colour. This colour would act as a base colour. Please let it dry completely. Do not hurry through the steps… Otherwise, the whole thing would get smudged. Wait for at least 25 minutes. If you are using a quick dry nail paint eg from Lakme Fast and Fabulous, you can proceed earlier. In this DIY, I have used shade orange from Colorama as my base.
4. Cut the strips of Cello tape long enough so that they hang off the edges of your nails. This eases in placing as well as removing the stripes later.
5. Place the strips of tape on the areas where you want the base colour to stay. For example, I applied the strips to the areas where I wanted my orange colour to stay.
6. Apply a darker second colour with the tapes in place. Try and make the application smooth. I got a bit untidy, here. I have used Elle 18 nail pops shade 41, here.
7. Peel the tape when your second colour is still wet. This allows smooth removal.
8. Let the nail colour dry completely now.
9. Apply a clear top coat to prolong your nail art.
10. You can do as many colours as you like and can experiment with many patterns…
Sorry girls…this was my first attempt at nail art. So, excuse me for being a bit untidy. 🙂
Some other tips:
1. Apply some petroleum jelly around your nails so that the nail colour does not spread out from margins.
2. Use quick dry nail paints.
3. Use nail paints with thinner consistency for easy application
Hope, you liked my DIY 🙂