Its How to Improve Texture of Hair. Have you ever wondered what causes changes in the texture of hair and what can you do to improve the texture and luster of your crowning glory. Much has already been discussed on our blog about so many hair products and hair care routines. I am here today with another set of tips that are easy to follow and give visible and commendable results if followed religiously.
So, what are you waiting for? Read on to know How to Improve Texture of Hair
- Your diet plays a very important role in governing the texture of your hair as well as skin. A well balanced diet that is particularly rich in fresh fruits and veggies is a boon for your hair.
- Drink loads of water as sufficient hydration is absolutely essential for soft and shiny hair. You may also consume coconut water, green tea and buttermilk.
- On damp hair, massage yoghurt and let it sit for 20 minutes or so. Do this at least once a week to improve the texture of your hair.
- Make a potion out of honey and warm olive oil. Use this hair pack to coat your hair. You may follow with a warm towel wrap, if possible.
- Have faith in overnight oiling. Nothing works better than that.
- Do not wash your hair every day. The shampoos when over used rip off the moisture from your hair and make your hair strands dry and frizzy and your scalp more prone to flakiness. Stick to twice or thrice a week.
- Make a hair pack out of sour cream/ malai and mayonnaise. It super hydrates your hair and makes them appear very shiny and smooth.
- Dry hair is brittle hair. So, they need to be handled very gently to avoid breakage. Massage your scalp with your finger tips while shampooing. Instead of vigorous towel drying, just wrap the towel around damp hair and follow with air drying. Avoid use of hair dryers and heat generating styling tools. Follow with a hair serum or you can simply use a couple of drops of diluted coconut oil along the lengths or your hair. Also, do not comb wet hair.
- Never skip a conditioner after shampooing. An easy to use homemade conditioner can be made by boiling some tea leaves with juice of half a lemon. Let this mix cool and use it as a final rinse for your hair. Likewise, you may even use diluted vinegar to condition your hair. Conditioning closes the open cuticles of hair and helps in locking in the moisture.
- Use a pre shampoo conditioning hair mask that can be made by mixing together:1 egg, olive oil, vinegar and castor oil. This would help cure multiple hair woes in a single go. Apply this pack on your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Cover with a shower cap.
- Another all time favorite hair pack can be made by mixing a mashed banana and honey. Leave this on for one hour. Follow with a mil shampoo.
- Use cool or Luke warm water to ash your hair. Avoid hot water to keep away frizziness.
- You must have heard about the excellent hair care properties of Beer. Though an expensive option, Beer makes your hair shine like crazy!! This is due to the presence of vitamin B in hair that causes it to give luster to hair.
- Rub in the content of squeezed out Vitamin E capsules. These are an excellent emollient and source of Vitamin E.
- Applying pumpkin puree mixed with honey to boost the shine and improve the texture of your hair.